Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    I really can't tell what all of you guys are shouting at each other about, but these are the Gold Glove awards. They are just about the most useless set of awards in all of sports. And even arguing about them from any objective point of view is really difficult, since defensive stats, while very useful, are not precise enough to compare one very good defender to another very good defender. And as some have pointed out, there are only rudimentary metrics to assess defensive abilities other than range, like arm strength, or in Freeman's case, scooping bad throws from infielders.

We can probably all agree on the only thing that's really relevant here: the Gold Gloves aren't relevant.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rtgthree View Post
    I really can't tell what all of you guys are shouting at each other about, but these are the Gold Glove awards. They are just about the most useless set of awards in all of sports. And even arguing about them from any objective point of view is really difficult, since defensive stats, while very useful, are not precise enough to compare one very good defender to another very good defender. And as some have pointed out, there are only rudimentary metrics to assess defensive abilities other than range, like arm strength, or in Freeman's case, scooping bad throws from infielders.

We can probably all agree on the only thing that's really relevant here: the Gold Gloves aren't relevant.

This I can get on board with
    Please come join me on the Hawks forums.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jwn0303 View Post
    [/B]

This I can get on board with
    There relevant when it comes to padding someone's HOF elegibility- ONLY

vCash
    You know JWN.... You are such a lier!

Have problems with you, Bravo , and RTG that's it. I don't even respond to RTG anymore and have not for a long time now. SO just ignore my comments and I'll do the same for your lying ***!
    Last edited by BRAVE KID; 11-01-2012 at 05:11 PM. Reason: don't avoid filter

vCash
    ^^^^
    Point taken Brave Kid. My bag, rough day at work.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    You know JWN.... You are such a lier!

Have problems with you, Bravo , and RTG that's it. I don't even respond to RTG anymore and have not for a long time now. SO just ignore my comments and I'll do the same for your lying ***!
    What does this even mean?

vCash
    What does this even mean?
    Think about how long it's been since I've even responded to you, no matter how many times you have qouted me. Nothing personal. You and I just have a different way of reponding to things and with the way you respond to somethings and I as well, just better to ignore it and keep it baseball.

vCash
    I still don't get why someone has to be an idiot or be called an idiot because they disagree with you.
    i've been asking this same thing of bravo95 since i joined psd.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki View Post
    Yea..... My point is we can dissagree with out taking it there.

vCash
    Yea..... My point is we can dissagree with out taking it there.
    I don't think is a big deal, is better not to insult anybody but in this case he is calling an idiot to someone who doesn't use PSD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    I don't think is a big deal, is better not to insult anybody but in this case he is calling an idiot to someone who doesn't use PSD.
    Stick around for a while, It is thrown around in this thread to users of PSD as well. I don't think it's right to single him out though, he's not the only one. It becomes a very big deal, just treat others with the respect you would want.

You and I don't always agree, but we don't get to the level of disrespecting each other. WHy can't it be the same for everyone?

vCash
    Wellllllllllllll, it looks like most of what I would say was summed up in Posts #45 and #46, so I won't bother with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki
    Because it's all a form of expression, like this:
    hell, no to a-rod.

what's up with these ******** ideas of overpriced/ washed-out FA's or trade targets?
    ...and many on here do or have done something similar. But I don't have a problem with anyone on here. I like all of you actually -- passionate fans of the same team and all that good stuff. We have BRAVE KID here to police how everyone posts, and that's good enough for me.

With that said, we are in 100% agreement on one thing:
    are there really that many thin-skinned and delicate emos on here? some people need to let stuff go.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 11-01-2012 at 10:30 PM.

vCash
    Think about how long it's been since I've even responded to you, no matter how many times you have qouted me. Nothing personal. You and I just have a different way of reponding to things and with the way you respond to somethings and I as well, just better to ignore it and keep it baseball.
    Actually, the part about how you don't respond to me anymore was the one part of the post I did understand. The rest of it...not so much. I don't take this personally; you can read and respond to whatever you want. The fact that you ignore me just means people are always reading my responses last, and any good debater will tell you that the last word almost always leaves the most significant impression. So that's fine by me. And I still point out when you make good points just as willingly as I point out when I disagree.

The only assertion to which I take exemption is that you "keep it baseball" more so than I do. My arguments always "keep it baseball." I'm not afraid to point out places where people consistently misuse or ignore baseball facts, but the only commentary I'll ever make is on baseball. Aside from a few instances I can think of where a poster has gotten outright hostile towards not just myself but the community as a whole, I challenge you to find any instances in my posting history of direct ad hominem attacks.

vCash
    Actually, the part about how you don't respond to me anymore was the one part of the post I did understand. The rest of it...not so much. I don't take this personally; you can read and respond to whatever you want. The fact that you ignore me just means people are always reading my responses last, and any good debater will tell you that the last word almost always leaves the most significant impression. So that's fine by me. And I still point out when you make good points just as willingly as I point out when I disagree.

The only assertion to which I take exemption is that you "keep it baseball" more so than I do. My arguments always "keep it baseball." I'm not afraid to point out places where people consistently misuse or ignore baseball facts, but the only commentary I'll ever make is on baseball. Aside from a few instances I can think of where a poster has gotten outright hostile towards not just myself but the community as a whole, I challenge you to find any instances in my posting history of direct ad hominem attacks.
    RTG.... The fact that I ignore you and you continue to qoute me doesn't make readers think that you have made a significant impression. Just why does this guy keep qouting someone who doesn't even give him the curtesy of a response.

Maturity dude...... Continuosly seeking out someone who pays you no attenetion, doesn't say anything postive about you at all. Just that you are the type of guy who always has something to say no matter right or wrong. Nothing positive at all.

This will be last response. Have fun say what you want.

vCash
    sorry bravo, once again you're throwing around oranges in an apple discussion. as per usual. i see a very big difference between the phrase '******** IDEAS' and calling someone an idiot. i wasn't calling anyone ********. or idiotic. opinions are not people, my friend... not every opinion is created equal. but if you still feel offended, oh well. i don't really care much.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast