Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Gold Glove Awards

Should be announced momentarily. 4 Braves nominated: Freeman, Prado, Heyward, and Bourn.

vCash
    I expect Heyward and Bourn to win it and i hope Prado wins it.

vCash
    0/2 So far. Will Heyward and Freeman clean up?

vCash
    Jhey!!

vCash
    Did Heyward get it? It's a crime if either of the OF's didn't get one. They paced the field

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    JHey won it. Next year Simba will win SS.

vCash
    wow, shocked that Bourn didn't win it.

vCash
    J-Hey deserved it! A little shocked Freeman didn't win. Not all that surprised with CF....... Andrew was awsome this year. And as I said in the other thread didn't think Prado would win, but it is a plus for him that he got nominated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    J-Hey deserved it! A little shocked Freeman didn't win. Not all that surprised with CF....... Andrew was awsome this year. And as I said in the other thread didn't think Prado would win, but it is a plus for him that he got nominated.
    In my opinion Freeman is very good stretching out at first base and scooping throws but he completely sucks taking grounders to his right i would have been surprised if he won it and frankly it would have been a bad choice. Michael Bourn was the best defensive Outfielder in the majors, he got robbed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    In my opinion Freeman is very good stretching out at first base and scooping throws but he completely sucks taking grounders to his right i would have been surprised if he won it and frankly it would have been a bad choice. Michael Bourn was the best defensive Outfielder in the majors, he got robbed.
    Just foud out that McCutcheon was -5 in DRS. Bourn led all outfielders in the MLB with an estimated 24 and he had previously won 3 GGs, plus a playoff team player unlike McCutcheon so quite a shocking snub.
    You guys can make an argument for Bourn, heck I could to if inclined. But I'm didn't say he should not have won it, just said I was not at all surprised. I've read a few of these blogs and fans seem to ignore that Bourn doesn't have the best throwing Arm. Some have even gone far enough as to say it doesn't matter. Again I didn't say he shouldn't have won, just said I'm not surprised. But saying he got robbed, knowing about his arm is a stretch.

Bel....... Freeman saves so many throw's Chipper, Prado, Uggla, Yanish, Pastornicky, Francisco, simmons, and even a few from the pitchers that it is shocking to me he didn't win.

vCash
    You guys can make an argument for Bourn, heck I could to if inclined. But I'm didn't say he should not have won it, just said I was not at all surprised. I've read a few of these blogs and fans seem to ignore that Bourn doesn't have the best throwing Arm. Some have even gone far enough as to say it doesn't matter. Again I didn't say he shouldn't have won, just said I'm not surprised. But saying he got robbed, knowing about his arm is a stretch.

Bel....... Freeman saves so many throw's Chipper, Prado, Uggla, Yanish, Pastornicky, Francisco, simmons, and even a few from the pitchers that it is shocking to me he didn't win.
    Going against my better judgement here in partaking in another argument with you. His arm was actually rated to be better than McCutchen's. In fact, according to the Fangraphs arm rating, only three other center fielders had a better arm. Drew Stubbs, Carlos Gomez, and Matt Kemp.

When we look at those three people plus McCutchen:

Let me preface this by saying Matt Kemp is a terrible defensive player, but you brought up the arms as being a factor.

Stubbs - RngR 2.1 UZR 6.8 DRS 2 Arm 5.9
    Gomez - RngR 4.2 UZR 5.5 DRS 3 Arm 2.3
    Kemp - RngR -13 UZR -8.8 DRS -13 Arm 3.4

McCutchen - RngR -5.3 UZR -6.9 DRS -5 Arm -2.6

Then we have Michael Bourn

RngR 19.3 UZR 22.4 DRS 24 Arm 1.9

He absolutely.. flat out... was completely robbed. Not only was he the best center fielder in the National League. Not only was he the best center fielder in baseball. He was flat out the best outfielder in all of baseball this season. The only possible exception is Jason Heyward.
    Please come join me on the Hawks forums.

vCash

yeah he is very good at that, but i know you watch a lot of braves games, you have seen his range to his right, almost non existent, Votto and Laroche are ahead of him, unless Freeman get better (he actually made some progress this year compared to 2011) something that he could do, i can't see him winning a GG, or at least not deserving it.

vCash
    Just foud out that McCutcheon was -5 in DRS. Bourn led all outfielders in the MLB with an estimated 24 and he had previously won 3 GGs, plus a playoff team player unlike McCutcheon so quite a shocking snub.

vCash
    The first of many for Jason. He's gonna be a very rich man one day.

vCash
    ....And the Reign of Simba begins in 2013.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast