Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Giants and Cruz Agree to Structure on New Deal

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — It seems Victor Cruz may soon get that much-desired — and much-deserved — bump in pay.

The Giants receiver made headlines last week when he told WFAN’s Mike Francesa he wanted to sign a contract extension this season. On Tuesday, Cruz said everything was “moving in the right direction.”

That may be an understatement.

“From what I hear, they’ve just agreed on the structure right now,” Cruz told Francesa. “And that’s all I’m at liberty to say.”

The Giants owe a total of $540,000 to Cruz for his services this season, after which the star wide receiver would become a restricted free agent. Cruz said he’s been getting good news from his agent regarding negotiations.

“Hopefully this leads to the right track and we’ll get it done sooner than later. … I’m happy so far, so I can just relax and play some football,” he said.

The 25-year-old Paterson, N.J., native set a franchise record with 1,536 receiving yards in last year’s championship campaign. He has 52 receptions for 650 yards and seven touchdowns in eight games this season.

Last week, NFL analyst and ex-offensive lineman Ross Tucker said Cruz should consider a midseason holdout until his new deal is done. That was met with a firm “never” from the popular wideout.

Cruz, who voiced his desire for a new deal in February, vowed not to hold out of training camp, and sure enough he showed up on time in July. But he seemed to crack a bit for the first time Tuesday regarding future team activities.

“I want to just get it done now and like I said, not have it be a distraction in the offseason where I’m not showing up to minicamp and things like that,” Cruz said. “I don’t want that to become an issue. So I just want to get it done early, as early as possible, and just put it behind.”

Cruz said he wants to spend “a large majority, if not all” of his career in New York.

A raise from Big Blue would be the first step.

“I just love it here,” Cruz told Francesa. “It’s home, the people have embraced me. I just love this place so much. I don’t want to go anywhere, I don’t want to play for any other organization at this point in my life. I want to be a New York Giant for a very long time.”
    http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/10/...the-structure/

Great news!

vCash
    Yesss!
    “It's still a game and you'd rather win it than lose it.”

There is An Angel in CitiField- LETS GO METS!

Proud to be PSD's "The Kid"

New York Giants-2012 World Champions

SuperMann #10, Superman wears Eli Pajamas

vCash
    Can't wait to see the numbers. We are pretty screwed cap wise. That said, gotta keep a guy like Cruz. But seriously, we are screwed cap wise.

vCash
    Awesome news!

vCash
    lock him up

#TapeTwoOne....Oh Gawd

vCash
    Oh boy....wonder what this means for the rest of the team. Happy to see him get the vote of confidence, but I'll be surprised if/when this is done before the end of the season.

vCash
    Wow and he signed so early? I bet it was not a huge contract. Cruz is awesome!

vCash
    Stevie Brown is licking his lips

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    Got to keep Nicks and JPP as well.

vCash
    yesssssssssssssssir keep nicks and jpp and we are good
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkeysuit View Post
    Rondo #1 PG in the league ...he has a ring to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Wall will win more and will be better then Irving Quote me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearadonisdna View Post
    u can't build a franchise around lebron. Its been proven already. he can't attract players and has to follow to be matched up with talent.

vCash

JPP for sure.

Nicks is amazing but I think he becomes fair game for a trade after the season.

We'll Leave a Light On For You

Believers: mets77, JoeGamer81, Harry777, YoungStuna, Sandman, METMANYAK, FoC, Gotta, WrigheyesMVP, Mr. Koobs

vCash

Wow ppl are quick to get rid of nicks. He's been hurt all year but he fights thru. I don't want him goin anywhere

vCash
    Yeah Nicks, regardless of injury, is just as high a priority as Cruz. Maybe the injuries will knock down his pricetag though.

vCash
    I'd love to keep Nicks and Cruz for years. I just have a feeling Reese will explore trading him after the season.

We'll Leave a Light On For You

Believers: mets77, JoeGamer81, Harry777, YoungStuna, Sandman, METMANYAK, FoC, Gotta, WrigheyesMVP, Mr. Koobs

vCash
    Reese rarely ever trades. End of next season Nicks will be a FA and if the injury pattern keeps up it should at least make him more affordable. If not, he'll be gone and I'll be pissed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast