Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    We'll just have to agree to disagree, Legend. It's a simple fact that symbols fundamentally represent something; logos are just a symbol of a team or organization. I'm not sure what Nick Cage was doing in all those National Treasure movies...

Adopt-a-Dolphin: Brent Grimes - #21, CB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxDolphan26 View Post
    They're simple, old-fashioned and therefore, represent the storied history of each franchise. We might as well put a swastika on our helmet because if we start winning games and championships it will represent competitiveness and success instead of Nazis and hate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppuku View Post
    Hear ye, hear ye! Bring forth the possibly real and possibly imaginary poll.

Oops, I wasn't bull****ting.

vCash
    I'm not going to agree to disagree, I'm just goingto agree with myself that you're wrong. A logo is nothing more than a brand, the perception of that brand depends entirely on the product. No logo alone is going to represent quality or competitiveness or anything like that, even if that's it's intention.

;"(&3$ <<< That's my new logo to represent just how ****ing awesome and smarter than everyone else I am. But you know what? It's not going to convey that until I prove it. So for now, all that represents is your already conceived perceptionof me until I prove otherwise.

vCash
    hmmm... Pretty sure this ? represents a question or confusion. This ! represents excitement. The bald eagle represents freedom for America... oh wait, the eagle single-handedly liberated the colonies, nevermind. Of course, there is a preconceived notion for every symbol, that's why it's symbol. I never said that a logo can create the illusion of a competitive or quality organization. I said that we are turning into a competitive, quality organization. Hence, why I said we should have a logo that is both classic and modern. The classic part of the logo would represent the success of the past, which would be what we have done on the field in the 70's with the Superbowls and perfect season. The modern style would represent the future. When you combine the styles, you get a logo that represents competitiveness and quality for the future of the organization. Of course, if we played like crap then the logo would begin to represent that, which is exactly why they didn't change the logo for this season. They needed to be sure the team is headed in the right direction.

You seem grumps today, Legend. Are you grumps?

vCash
    You said we need a logo that conveys quality and competitiveness, I said a logo doesn't do that, the product on the field does that.

The product creates the perception. The logo inherits that perception.

Also, why are you bringing up the bald eagle nonsense? It'd mean nothing if America failed in it's revolution. And by saying "oh wayt da beld iggle liberated uz" you're making no sense, I never said anything like that Do you even know where you're going with that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendX View Post
    You said we need a logo that conveys quality and competitiveness, I said a logo doesn't do that, the product on the field does that.

Also, why are you bringing up the bald eagle nonsense? It'd mean nothing if America failed in it's revolution. And by saying "oh wayt da beld iggle liberated uz" you're making no sense, I never said anything like that Do you even know where you're going with that?
    Remove where he said Bald Eagle and insert Kangaroo and you will understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppuku View Post
    Hear ye, hear ye! Bring forth the possibly real and possibly imaginary poll.

Oops, I wasn't bull****ting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Remove where he said Bald Eagle and insert Kangaroo and you will understand.
    We didn't revolt, we had no need to.

vCash
    Anyway, I'm done arguing with the symbolic meanings and representations of a logo, especially when it's a logo that can see very much significant change.

The only truly different types of logos I can see happening are the use of a M or a D.

The M could stand for Miami, but then it'd seem like a repeat of what the Marlins are doing.

The D could stand for Dolphins, but could also have a symbolic meaning of Defence because we actually have a pretty good Defence - which means we would actually have a significant change that would actually mean something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendX View Post

Because, Legend, I'm trying to explain to you how symbols work by being a smart*** since you clearly don't seem to understand that simple concept. Somebody who has never watched football would not know that the Lions logo represents mediocrity to football fans; they would know a Lion represents power and ferocity. A sleek modern design conveys professionalism, and quality. A classic design would represent history and success. Just like colors, different design styles can convey a certain message. So please don't treat me like a moron, because it is possible to create a certain impression depending how the logo is designed. Why do you think Hard Knocks showed the locker room being re-designed in the very first episode? It symbolized changed, and gave the impression of a classy, successful organization, when the team had yet to prove anything. You're taking a very simple concept and completely bastardizing it for some reason.

I'm sure this pediatric center could be the best in the world, that logo wouldn't represent their product in anyway.

Logo Design: Make or Break Your Business

Your business logo will make or break you

vCash
    Lol, it's just easier if I don't respond and stay on topic, so I'm just going to say what I intended to say...

We should keep the current logo because the dolphin is frowning which shows anger, and the dolphin looks like a dildo, thus a frowning dildo, thus we're angry and going to **** you ferociously in the ***.

Unless we start losing....then it just looks like a useless piece of rubber thatpeople enjoyably shove up their ***.

vCash
    It's hard to look cool in teal and orange. We need to ditch the fruity color schemes. I have been a hardcore fan for 30 years and own the gear but it hangs in my closet. That's real...

vCash
    It's football, not fashion I can't believe people are bothered by color schemes.

vCash
    It's just how I feel bro. You would be cool with rocking pink and purple I guess.

vCash
    I'd be fine with it It's not a fashion show and why would it matter? The only thing that matters is winning. I don't mean to snap at you or anyone else, lol, I've just seen and heard this nonsense so many tines it just gets to be too much, it's annoying and the reasoning is laughable.

And you're worried about looking cool? You'll look cool when the team starts winning and dominating. There's nothing cool about wearing a jersey that "looks good" if the team sucks.

vCash
    It's all about marketing, merchandising, and making money.
    As long as it looks good, I'm cool with it.

Also, I personally love the color scheme. Probably my favorite in all of sports.

2012(3) Football Season. Bring It. (Let's Go.)

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast