Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

New Miami Dolphins Logo and Jersey

One of the most discussed off-the-field aspects of the Dolphins this year has been the possibility of a logo/uniform change for 2013.

Earlier today team CEO Mike Dee joined us on the show and continued to hint that there’s a very good chance of an adjustment coming. “I think there’s likely going to be some changes. How significant those are, we’ll have to wait and see.”

Dee had previously hinted that any adjustments would be more subtle than drastic, going so far as to tell fans that a Marlins-like overhaul would not be the direction the Dolphins would go, if they were to make a change.

Dee also said that the deadline for submitting changes for next season is “looming” and that “I think fans will be very excited with what they see down the road here shortly.”

Aside from logo talk, Dee also discussed South Florida’s bid for Super Bowl L in 2016 and the possibility of stadium upgrades that could go along with that:

“We’re working on, as much as we can, to figure out getting the stadium in the best possible condition. We’re going to put the best stadium we know in the bid, whatever that means. We’re not sure what that means right now, but whatever we can do to make the stadium as attractive as possible, we’re going to do it.”

As for on-the-field matters, Dee gave high praise to first-year head coach Joe Philbin. “It started the first day Joe walked in the building. The mood of the building was different and a lot of changes followed after that…it starts with culture, and Joe has a philosophy that just took over immediately. It’s great to see.”
    http://thefinsiders.com/blog/2012/lo...-likely-coming

vCash
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

unless its back to the classic one.
    Head of the Bandwagon to make tunnicliffderek the Miami Dolphins Manager, Guaranteeing us another 72' season

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    i would trade our first,our 1st next yr and cam wake for aj green.Locker isnt a project hed start day one
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    i think cutler is worth 2 1st rounders and a 3rd thats just me though

vCash
    hope it doesnt look as bad as the jerseys the Steelers were sporting on Sunday
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    Mix of classic and modern would be great. I'm not really a fan of the cartoon Dolphin. We're are turning into a quality, competitive organization; we need a logo that reflects that.

Adopt-a-Dolphin: Brent Grimes - #21, CB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxDolphan26 View Post
    Mix of classic and modern would be great. I'm not really a fan of the cartoon Dolphin. We're are turning into a quality, competitive organization; we need a logo that reflects that.
    And how exactly do you change the dolphin so dramatically that it reflects the organization in the light of "quality and competitive"? A logo doesn't do that, the logo is nothing more than a visual representation of a brand and the only way the perspective of a brand is conveyed is by success. Changing the logo doesn't do anything, it has zero impact on anything involved on the organization other than making money because "people just have to have the new logo".

And another question, how the **** do you make a dolphin look more intimidating?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendX View Post
    And how exactly do you change the dolphin so dramatically that it reflects the organization in the light of "quality and competitive"? A logo doesn't do that, the logo is nothing more than a visual representation of a brand and the only way the perspective of a brand is conveyed is by success. Changing the logo doesn't do anything, it has zero impact on anything involved on the organization other than making money because "people just have to have the new logo".

And another question, how the **** do you make a dolphin look more intimidating?
    Like I said, make it a mix of classic and modern style; it reflects the successful past of the organization and the successful future. The style can reflect many different things. This team could've won 5 superbowls in the past decade and the cartoon dolphin still wouldn't represent "quality" and "competitive." It would still be every bit of Chuck E Cheese's best friend from the ocean.

Also, if you want to make the dolphins more intimidating, you put it in leather jacket with spikes, some smokes in the front pocket, and show it in the midst of eating a shark.

vCash
    Some moron on twitter said that the logo should look more intimidating and then said the dumbest words I've ever heard... "You look good, you play good"
    Last edited by LegendX; 10-30-2012 at 10:12 PM.

vCash
    Some moron on twitter said that the logo should look more intimidating and then said the dumbest words I've ever said... "You look good, you play good"
    NNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!! Not this conversation again. :cry:

vCash
    NNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!! Not this conversation again. :cry:
    I could agree more!!
    Wild West, Ag. community, Seasonal-Self Employed, Bachelor Degree, Broad Fields, Experiences, Creative-Open minded, Reality-People, Tom Hartmann&Dan Sileo 'Best Broadcasters, Expose-Take On Big Guys Taking Little Guys', So What-Whom tell? Fanship, NOT FANATIC; Quality, Critically examine, Thought out, learned, experienced, facilitated, diverse fields, proven, science, others have experienced, Report personal attacks, Off Topics or bully Topics, Don't like-ignore, still not like-ignore button.

vCash
    Some moron on twitter said that the logo should look more intimidating and then said the dumbest words I've ever heard... "You look good, you play good"
    I came to post the Deion quote. I hate you LX. That was literally the best thread ever. I want to read that again.

“If you look good, you feel good, If you feel good, you play good, If you play good, they pay good.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppuku View Post
    Hear ye, hear ye! Bring forth the possibly real and possibly imaginary poll.

Oops, I wasn't bull****ting.

vCash
    Please explain the G of the Packers and C of the Bears and how and why they represent quality and competitiveness - without mentioning anything they've ever done on the field.

vCash
    Please explain the G of the Packers and C of the Bears and how and why they represent quality and competitiveness - without mentioning anything they've ever done on the field.
    They're simple, old-fashioned and therefore, represent the storied history of each franchise. We might as well put a swastika on our helmet because if we start winning games and championships it will represent competitiveness and success instead of Nazis and hate.

vCash
    They're simple, old-fashioned and therefore, represent the storied history of each franchise. We might as well put a swastika on our helmet because if we start winning games and championships it will represent competitiveness and success instead of Nazis and hate.
    Ah, so the logos represent what those teams did on the field... The logos themselves represent nothing. I can come up with any old logo and it will be nothing until that logo becomes a brand of something, whether it be good or bad. I don't think you understand, evident by your response. Visually we could have the most badass, kickass looking logo ever, but it's not going to represent that if the team was to lose every game of the season.

As for the swastika; a childish example and entry false, especially considering the massive impact it's already had on the world.

In the end, no change of the logo is going to show, prove or represent anything if the intentions of the logo are not shown on the field where ultimately the perception of te team is derived from. When you see the Lions logo, you think of a sucky, undisciplined team; not something that is "quality" or "competitive".

Anyway, I'm tired of repeating myself, so I'm going to ramble on about ideas for the logo, and there's really not many. Seriously, there's no significant change you could make for it to even come close to remotely conveying the idea that the dolphins are "quality" and "competitive".

vCash
    Ah, so the logos represent what those teams did on the field... The logos themselves represent nothing. I can come up with any old logo and it will be nothing until that logo becomes a brand of something, whether it be good or bad. I don't think you understand, evident by your response. Visually we could have the most badass, kickass looking logo ever, but it's not going to represent that if the team was to lose every game of the season.

As for the swastika; a childish example and entry false, especially considering the massive impact it's already had on the world.

In the end, no change of the logo is going to show, prove or represent anything if the intentions of the logo are not shown on the field where ultimately the perception of te team is derived from. When you see the Lions logo, you think of a sucky, undisciplined team; not something that is "quality" or "competitive".

Anyway, I'm tired of repeating myself, so I'm going to ramble on about ideas for the logo, and there's really not many. Seriously, there's no significant change you could make for it to even come close to remotely conveying the idea that the dolphins are "quality" and "competitive".
    I think logos that are more than 15-years are what counts; however, if the franchise does not win, for multiple seasons there can be 1-logo forever, it will not matter. I would love the logo and be so frustrated with the losing franchise. Yes, the logos are the symbols of the franchises; thus, never be changed!
    Wild West, Ag. community, Seasonal-Self Employed, Bachelor Degree, Broad Fields, Experiences, Creative-Open minded, Reality-People, Tom Hartmann&Dan Sileo 'Best Broadcasters, Expose-Take On Big Guys Taking Little Guys', So What-Whom tell? Fanship, NOT FANATIC; Quality, Critically examine, Thought out, learned, experienced, facilitated, diverse fields, proven, science, others have experienced, Report personal attacks, Off Topics or bully Topics, Don't like-ignore, still not like-ignore button.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppuku View Post
    Hear ye, hear ye! Bring forth the possibly real and possibly imaginary poll.

Oops, I wasn't bull****ting.

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast