Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 319
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Punta Gorda, FL
    Posts
    20,284
    vCash
    1200

    New Miami Dolphins Logo and Jersey

    One of the most discussed off-the-field aspects of the Dolphins this year has been the possibility of a logo/uniform change for 2013.

    Earlier today team CEO Mike Dee joined us on the show and continued to hint that there’s a very good chance of an adjustment coming. “I think there’s likely going to be some changes. How significant those are, we’ll have to wait and see.”

    Dee had previously hinted that any adjustments would be more subtle than drastic, going so far as to tell fans that a Marlins-like overhaul would not be the direction the Dolphins would go, if they were to make a change.

    Dee also said that the deadline for submitting changes for next season is “looming” and that “I think fans will be very excited with what they see down the road here shortly.”

    Aside from logo talk, Dee also discussed South Florida’s bid for Super Bowl L in 2016 and the possibility of stadium upgrades that could go along with that:

    “We’re working on, as much as we can, to figure out getting the stadium in the best possible condition. We’re going to put the best stadium we know in the bid, whatever that means. We’re not sure what that means right now, but whatever we can do to make the stadium as attractive as possible, we’re going to do it.”

    As for on-the-field matters, Dee gave high praise to first-year head coach Joe Philbin. “It started the first day Joe walked in the building. The mood of the building was different and a lot of changes followed after that…it starts with culture, and Joe has a philosophy that just took over immediately. It’s great to see.”
    http://thefinsiders.com/blog/2012/lo...-likely-coming

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,934
    vCash
    1500
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo






    unless its back to the classic one.
    Head of the Bandwagon to make tunnicliffderek the Miami Dolphins Manager, Guaranteeing us another 72' season

    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    i would trade our first,our 1st next yr and cam wake for aj green.Locker isnt a project hed start day one
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    i think cutler is worth 2 1st rounders and a 3rd thats just me though

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Posts
    13,169
    vCash
    1500
    hope it doesnt look as bad as the jerseys the Steelers were sporting on Sunday
    Take Notes Rook

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Coolsville
    Posts
    4,662
    vCash
    1500
    Mix of classic and modern would be great. I'm not really a fan of the cartoon Dolphin. We're are turning into a quality, competitive organization; we need a logo that reflects that.

    Adopt-a-Dolphin: Brent Grimes - #21, CB

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    24,252
    vCash
    1500
    Some moron on twitter said that the logo should look more intimidating and then said the dumbest words I've ever heard... "You look good, you play good"
    Last edited by LegendX; 10-30-2012 at 10:12 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Coolsville
    Posts
    4,662
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendX View Post
    Some moron on twitter said that the logo should look more intimidating and then said the dumbest words I've ever said... "You look good, you play good"
    NNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!! Not this conversation again. :cry:

    Adopt-a-Dolphin: Brent Grimes - #21, CB

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    24,252
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxDolphan26 View Post
    Mix of classic and modern would be great. I'm not really a fan of the cartoon Dolphin. We're are turning into a quality, competitive organization; we need a logo that reflects that.
    And how exactly do you change the dolphin so dramatically that it reflects the organization in the light of "quality and competitive"? A logo doesn't do that, the logo is nothing more than a visual representation of a brand and the only way the perspective of a brand is conveyed is by success. Changing the logo doesn't do anything, it has zero impact on anything involved on the organization other than making money because "people just have to have the new logo".

    And another question, how the **** do you make a dolphin look more intimidating?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Coolsville
    Posts
    4,662
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendX View Post
    And how exactly do you change the dolphin so dramatically that it reflects the organization in the light of "quality and competitive"? A logo doesn't do that, the logo is nothing more than a visual representation of a brand and the only way the perspective of a brand is conveyed is by success. Changing the logo doesn't do anything, it has zero impact on anything involved on the organization other than making money because "people just have to have the new logo".

    And another question, how the **** do you make a dolphin look more intimidating?
    Like I said, make it a mix of classic and modern style; it reflects the successful past of the organization and the successful future. The style can reflect many different things. This team could've won 5 superbowls in the past decade and the cartoon dolphin still wouldn't represent "quality" and "competitive." It would still be every bit of Chuck E Cheese's best friend from the ocean.

    Also, if you want to make the dolphins more intimidating, you put it in leather jacket with spikes, some smokes in the front pocket, and show it in the midst of eating a shark.

    Adopt-a-Dolphin: Brent Grimes - #21, CB

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    24,252
    vCash
    1500
    Please explain the G of the Packers and C of the Bears and how and why they represent quality and competitiveness - without mentioning anything they've ever done on the field.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    24,252
    vCash
    1500
    The only thing the logo reflects is what the teams do on the field. If the team sucks, that's what the perception is of the logo, if the team dominates, that is the perception of the logo.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    87,553
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendX View Post
    Some moron on twitter said that the logo should look more intimidating and then said the dumbest words I've ever heard... "You look good, you play good"
    I came to post the Deion quote. I hate you LX. That was literally the best thread ever. I want to read that again.

    “If you look good, you feel good, If you feel good, you play good, If you play good, they pay good.”

    I'm down at the rec center watchin' folks swim.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    24,252
    vCash
    1500
    I wonder how good Deion was looking and feeling when Jerry Rice shat all over him with 4 TDs?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Coolsville
    Posts
    4,662
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendX View Post
    Please explain the G of the Packers and C of the Bears and how and why they represent quality and competitiveness - without mentioning anything they've ever done on the field.
    They're simple, old-fashioned and therefore, represent the storied history of each franchise. We might as well put a swastika on our helmet because if we start winning games and championships it will represent competitiveness and success instead of Nazis and hate.

    Adopt-a-Dolphin: Brent Grimes - #21, CB

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    87,553
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendX View Post
    I wonder how good Deion was looking and feeling when Jerry Rice shat all over him with 4 TDs?
    Do you remember the picture of Rice's college jersey?



    Deion's theory is slaughtered. He broke all NCAA records wearing THAT.

    I'm down at the rec center watchin' folks swim.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    24,252
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxDolphan26 View Post
    They're simple, old-fashioned and therefore, represent the storied history of each franchise. We might as well put a swastika on our helmet because if we start winning games and championships it will represent competitiveness and success instead of Nazis and hate.
    Ah, so the logos represent what those teams did on the field... The logos themselves represent nothing. I can come up with any old logo and it will be nothing until that logo becomes a brand of something, whether it be good or bad. I don't think you understand, evident by your response. Visually we could have the most badass, kickass looking logo ever, but it's not going to represent that if the team was to lose every game of the season.

    As for the swastika; a childish example and entry false, especially considering the massive impact it's already had on the world.



    In the end, no change of the logo is going to show, prove or represent anything if the intentions of the logo are not shown on the field where ultimately the perception of te team is derived from. When you see the Lions logo, you think of a sucky, undisciplined team; not something that is "quality" or "competitive".

    Anyway, I'm tired of repeating myself, so I'm going to ramble on about ideas for the logo, and there's really not many. Seriously, there's no significant change you could make for it to even come close to remotely conveying the idea that the dolphins are "quality" and "competitive".

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •