Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hanley Ramirez

vCash

Hanley Ramirez

What to do with this talented bat?
    Logic says 3rd would be our best bet if Dee can prove hes ready this offseason.
    But we all know Hanley is unpredictable when it comes to his attitude.
    Would he be happy to go back to 3rd AGAIN?

vCash
    He needs to move back to 3B, he's God awful at SS, hopefully Dee can earn the SS job in Spring Training

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LASportsFan1996 View Post
    He needs to move back to 3B, he's God awful at SS, hopefully Dee can earn the SS job in Spring Training
    i completely agree but would he be happy moving back there?

vCash
    hanley had a bad reputation in miami, we love him here but he has to play 3rd he played very well at 3rd and was god awful at ss

i love hanley but this is a TEAM game, its not just about him. the best thing for this team is for him to play 3rd. either gordon or cruz gotta play SS

when he was traded here the agreement was that he would play anywhere we needed him. our hole is at 3rd not SS

PWEEEG The Gawwd

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedawgalex View Post
    hanley had a bad reputation in miami, we love him here but he has to play 3rd he played very well at 3rd and was god awful at ss

i love hanley but this is a TEAM game, its not just about him. the best thing for this team is for him to play 3rd. either gordon or cruz gotta play SS

when he was traded here the agreement was that he would play anywhere we needed him. our hole is at 3rd not SS
    i agree hopefully the dodgers do too

vCash

to this day i have ****in idea why cruz and hanley were swapped -___-

PWEEEG The Gawwd

vCash

As much as I would love to blame Mattingly, I think that was because of Han Ram request of wanting to play short stop again, but ultimately it's Mattingly fault to not move him back to third when he realizes that Ramirez is terrible at short stop..

vCash

Hanley Ramirez

I was blasted for stating that when we first got Hanley. He made it clear in FL. - he is a SS. He was very upset at the Marlins for their lack of respect to him after years of stellar play. Signing Reyes and forcing Hanley to move without consulting him was a bad move, as with many they have made recently.

Now we have Hanley and e has asked to play his position which is SS. Can he play 3B? Yes. He can also at 2B too. Doesn't mean we just stick him there because that's what we want. The whole "this is a team" and "he needs to play where he is told" crap is ridiculous.

Was his defense questionable last year? Yes. He need time time to adjust back to his position (SS). Was he worse defensively than Dee? NOPE.

For now, Hanley is our SS, Cruuuuuz is our 3B and Dee is a minor leaguer who will have the opportunity to earn a spot. Until the day he does that or gets traded, that's his role on our team.

Players are like wives....when they are happy, they perform better.

A Real American HERO !!!

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Dodgers rule.

vCash
    The difference between here and Miami is that it is Matt Kemp's team and he's not gonna put up with Hanley's crap. Besides Hanley's gonna be playing for a contract this year. Expect big things out of him.

vCash
    Hanley is under contract for 2 more years

vCash

Me, too. We probably would have one a couple of games more if Cruz was at SS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Az_Dodgers_Fan View Post
    The difference between here and Miami is that it is Matt Kemp's team and he's not gonna put up with Hanley's crap. Besides Hanley's gonna be playing for a contract this year. Expect big things out of him.

This entire post is laughable.

" the difference between here and Miami is this is Matt Kemps team and he's not going to put up with Hanley's crap"

What's kemp going to do tell him to meet at the park after school?

Really? If the Dodgers signed Josh Hamilton to play CF this winter and told Kemp it was better for the team if he played 2B, Kemp would have a fit!!! Take the biggest star on a team and force them to move without consulting them and they will feel disrespected. Kemp signed to be the CFer... Hanley signed to be the SS of the Marlins.

Just in case you don't get that one - if you are hired by a law firm to be a trial lawyer and you perform exceptionally well and the firm tells you that you are changing positions - you're now a paralegal... You would be pissed, insulted and feel disrespected. Even if it was for the " good of the firm".

The whole argument that places Blame on Hanley is ridiculous.NONE of the recent decisions Miami made have
    Worked.

Hanley will play hard because he is Hanley. An all star caliber player.

A Real American HERO !!!

Dodgers rule.

vCash
    i hear what ur saying ^

BUT

hanley is AWFUL at SS. his offense is fine no one has an issue with that, but im sure you noticed that he was a much better fit at 3rd not SS

he came here and its no longer HIS team. before the trade he was TOLD he would primarily play third, if he had an issue with it THAT would have been the time to say it. what happened in Miami has nothing to do with LA.

the best thing for the TEAM is for him to play 3rd because we have other people that can play SS.

from what i saw he played third MUCH better than he played SS

thats just my opinion though, everyone is entitled to have their own

PWEEEG The Gawwd

vCash
    i hear what ur saying ^

BUT

hanley is AWFUL at SS. his offense is fine no one has an issue with that, but im sure you noticed that he was a much better fit at 3rd not SS

he came here and its no longer HIS team. before the trade he was TOLD he would primarily play third, if he had an issue with it THAT would have been the time to say it. what happened in Miami has nothing to do with LA.

the best thing for the TEAM is for him to play 3rd because we have other people that can play SS.

from what i saw he played third MUCH better than he played SS

thats just my opinion though, everyone is entitled to have their own
    I am not sure where you get your info from but it is clearly not a reputable source.

"before the trade he was TOLD he would primarily play third, if he had an issue with it THAT would have been the time to say it."

False. He was NOT told anything of the sort. He sated that he would play wherever he was needed but preferred SS. Mattingly made this clear on several occasions. Hanley was moved to SS because that is where he prefers to play. Mattingly also stated that he expected him to make more errors at SS due to lack of recent play at that position. However, with time to re-familiarize himself, he would be solid.

"he came here and its no longer HIS team."

One again, a totally irrelevant comment. The "his" team theory you keep applying is ridiculous...let it go. Its the DODGERS not the KEMPS.

"the best thing for the TEAM is for him to play 3rd because we have other people that can play SS."

Once again, FALSE.

Our other option that you mention was so appealing he was sent to AAA. Until Dee proves he can play at the big league level he is NOT an option. I am sure this is what you were referring to. Aside from SB, Dee sucks, period. He has a loooong way to go.

Cruuuuuuuz did an outstanding job at 3B last year. no sense in moving him.

I agree, all of us are entitled to our own opinion...mine is right.

I would actually like to see a whopper trade for a David Wright type ray:and have Cruuuuz be an extra IF.

A Real American HERO !!!

Dodgers rule.

vCash
    lol were all entitled to our opinion but yours is right?

and i read that in numerous articles i didnt come up with it.

i know its not the kemps but the thing is you're making it seem like we have to accomodate hanley, if i go by your standards this is also not the hanleys its the dodgers

why would we play him there when he is not even the best fielder at that position? (SS)

just to keep him happy? please

you're getting paid millions of dollars its a job, not everyone will be happy but u still have to do it.

PWEEEG The Gawwd

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast