Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pathetic......

vCash

Pathetic......

First off im going to say that i have enjoyed the game of baseball since i was 3. 2010 and 2012 have been some of the greatest years for me individually, professionally and as a Giants fan.

http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/...#photo-3660252

I have a major gripe and i dont mean to bring down the mood, but im absolutely embarrassed to be affiliated with the schmucks who went out and decided that to celebrate a WS championship they would light trash cans and a muni bus on fire as well as overturning a car.

i know that riots and abject stupidity goes hand in hand with the every day sports fan that cant seem to handle themselves in public when their respected franchise win a championship, but it just validates to me why i cannot stand people and i absolutely despise going out in public. I assume most of us on this forum are respectful fans, i know that a majority of us know our stuff when it comes to the sport and the team, but whether we like it or not this is our fanbase...... it may not be a majority, but they are still people whom we have a common intrest. I take pride in wearing the orange and black SF on my chest almost daily. this makes it hard to feel that way.

I love the city and i love this team, but honestly i cannot stand this generation of fans. I have a 1 year old son and this garbage makes me not want to take him to games. im not a right wing wacko either, i understand that SF is progressive as a city and community and i love the Bay for evrything that it offers, but i see this and its saddening to see that the streets are filled with people who take zero personal responsibilty in life and are filled with a ridiculous amount hatred.

Im not surprised by what i see, im just tired of it. im tired of these pathetic, look at me, self entitled peices of garbage making it difficult for us members of society that know how to control ouselves.

Sorry this was long winded, but this **** is just tired at this point.

BTW if you watch the video link as well you will hear these dumb ***** yelling "**** Detroit" while hitting a Muni Bus with a guard rail. Goddamn idiots...........
    Last edited by clarkfn2284; 10-30-2012 at 07:55 PM.
    -toGether-

".....honor the game the game honors you..don’t know where and when it ends, but tonight I was proud to be together as a team, in a hostile environment, with just us..brothers that play for the name on the front, not the name on the back.”

-Hunter Pence 2012 NLDS

vCash
    Ya I don't understand why people have to fun destroying things. Can't everyone just party, celebrate, and hang out with their friends for a good time?

And I read that Police have identified the guy who smashed the barricade into the Muni bus windshield. His arrest is forthcoming.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Not fans of the game

GIANTSNINERSWARRIORS

vCash
    Exactly of course there are stupid fans but a large majority aren't even baseball fans rather than people who want an excuse to party and do dumb ****. Might as well get used to it, it will be even crazier when the niners win the Superbowl this year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hd1906 View Post
    Not fans of the game

but they are...... thats what makes this so awful. These people are fans of the game. They are Giants fans. They will be at the parade tomorrow, they will be at MoMo's next season, they will be in the bleachers next season. This is our society.......the current generation, my generation.

we cant sit here and say they arent real fans...look around this is what we see either at a niners raiders game or in the bleachers when the doidgers come to town. This is a "fan" in 2012
    -toGether-

".....honor the game the game honors you..don’t know where and when it ends, but tonight I was proud to be together as a team, in a hostile environment, with just us..brothers that play for the name on the front, not the name on the back.”

-Hunter Pence 2012 NLDS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lincecum=future View Post
    Exactly of course there are stupid fans but a large majority aren't even baseball fans rather than people who want an excuse to party and do dumb ****. Might as well get used to it, it will be even crazier when the niners win the Superbowl this year

thats the problem is everyone is expected to just get used to it....nobody does anything anymore.....we live in a soiciety of followers, there are very few leaders.

trust me i expect it if the niners win the super bowl
    -toGether-

-Hunter Pence 2012 NLDS

vCash
    I agree. Pathetic!

#PoseyHugs #SanchezHugs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkfn2284 View Post
    First off im going to say that i have enjoyed the game of baseball since i was 3. 2010 and 2012 have been some of the greatest years for me individually, professionally and as a Giants fan.

http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/...#photo-3660252

I have a major gripe and i dont mean to bring down the mood, but im absolutely embarrassed to be affiliated with the schmucks who went out and decided that to celebrate a WS championship they would light trash cans and a muni bus on fire as well as overturning a car.

i know that riots and abject stupidity goes hand in hand with the every day sports fan that cant seem to handle themselves in public when their respected franchise win a championship, but it just validates to me why i cannot stand people and i absolutely despise going out in public. I assume most of us on this forum are respectful fans, i know that a majority of us know our stuff when it comes to the sport and the team, but whether we like it or not this is our fanbase...... it may not be a majority, but they are still people whom we have a common intrest. I take pride in wearing the orange and black SF on my chest almost daily. this makes it hard to feel that way.

I love the city and i love this team, but honestly i cannot stand this generation of fans. I have a 1 year old son and this garbage makes me not want to take him to games. im not a right wing wacko either, i understand that SF is progressive as a city and community and i love the Bay for evrything that it offers, but i see this and its saddening to see that the streets are filled with people who take zero personal responsibilty in life and are filled with a ridiculous amount hatred.

Im not surprised by what i see, im just tired of it. im tired of these pathetic, look at me, self entitled peices of garbage making it difficult for us members of society that know how to control ouselves.

Sorry this was long winded, but this **** is just tired at this point.

BTW if you watch the video link as well you will hear these dumb ***** yelling "**** Detroit" while hitting a Muni Bus with a guard rail. Goddamn idiots...........
    TL;DR

Don't say you don't mean to bring down the mood' and then spew a hate rant blaming a large group of fans for the actions of a few. People are people, times are tough for some, no excuse to go as far as they did.

vCash
    Yep, not fans of the game, just people that like to do what everyone do to gain attention.

vCash
    I just hope they aren't true Giants fans, but rather losers that need/want attention.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Whether they're "real" fans or not, stupid people do stupid things.

Michael Morse High-Fives Himself dot gif

vCash
    Bandwagoners not fans SMh you can just tell

vCash
    A lot of those people are just looking for a reason to riot. I've never understood anyone whose idea of celebrating is destroying your own town. They should be arrested, thrown in the drunk tank (assuming they've been drinking), and then taken back out to the same spot the next morning and be forced to clean it up!

vCash
    I'm sorry, but do we really need a thread like this? For one, it has been discussed both in a thread here and in the MLB forum. Second, 9 times out of 10 people who do these things are about as far from real fans as you can get, I highly doubt anyone who takes the time to post on a sports forum with any kind of consistency would be so thoughtless and socially irresponsible. Thus, these kinds of threads only fall on deaf ears and serve as negative publicity about our fanbase and city, neither of which are needed.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    I agree with this 100%. Pisses me off and is a huge reason why I decided not to attend the parade this year. That and the fact that I already went in 2010.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast