• St. Louis Rams

0 0%
  • San Francisco 49ers

21 100.00%
Page 67 of 70 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1042
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by macc View Post
    I think you missed my point entiretly. I'm not saying he should be starting now or that he's better/worse then Alex is now. I'm not saying one way or the other. I'm reading some of these comments about people bashing Kap and I think they are unwarrented because the guy hasn't even had one practice with the starting line up.

At this point I would rather see Alex start because I know what he brings to the table. I'm just saying I'm not going to say Kap is a bust based off 1/2 of a game like some of you guys are saying. That's my only point here.
    Anyone who says Kap is a bust based on his performance in this game is... well off their rocker. He showed he has skill & talent, but is still NFL raw.

I think most of us agree, someday Kap will be a good (or better) NFL QB, but he's not ready and that Alex is the man that needs to be under center for at least this season. Next season is of course TBD.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post
    I'm viewing the tie as a loss. The Niners needed to get a win out of that game. Oh we'll, time to move on.
    Definitely felt like a loss. Played like garbage. What's up with the defense? Rams drop 24 on us ? Horrible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    First off, Kaepernick is essentially a rookie. He didn't get an offseason last year due to the lockout and he was the backup for the entire year. Second, Kaepernick had a QB Rating of 84.7 which is not bad at all for a QB that hasn't played more than spot duty in the NFL. He had 64.7% completion rate which is the same as Tom Brady's for the year (not saying he as good as Brady, just giving his completion % a reference point). He also added in 8 rushes for 66 yards and a TD. He didn't throw any interceptions. He did fumble the ball and hold the ball a little too long, but those are correctable. Aside from his first 2-3 passes (after his nerves calmed down), he was very accurate passing the football. He looked the part and drove the team down for a TD when trailing, a fg to tie when trailing, and a fg to win in OT (that Akers obviously missed). Anyone who can look at yesterdays game and dismiss Kaepernick's upside is a moron...and well, it appears that you are alone on Moron Island so nothing is new.
    How old are you? You can't create an argument without insults? Maybe you are just too young, go to college first, argumentative writing is a good course. Then maybe get a masters.. Or just grow up.

I wasn't impressed by Kaep, but then again I grew up watching Montana & Young. Even Garcia. I watch Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Eli, Big Ben, Matty Ice, and Aaron Rodgers.

Dismiss his "upside"? I think the 49ers can do better at the QB position. Maybe I'm sick of the 10+ consecutive season of not having a respectable passing game. Not having a 1000 yd receiver since... uh Antonio Bryant???

I saw a QB that handles the ball wrecklessly, that really extended drives, critical drives with his legs more than his arm. He didn't turn the ball over, but from what I've seen he is extremely prone to multiple turnovers. Like the NY Giants game. The Bears capitalize on these kinds of things. Hopefully Alex can play, and then the 49ers should seriously consider bringing in another QB in the off-season. 2nd round QB selections is too high to groom as a backup. He's gotta be an effective starter, possibly a very good starter. Drew Brees was a 2nd round pick right?

Andy Dalton is pretty damn good.
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

vCash
    A direct quote from KNBR said moments ago...

"Alex has touch but doesn't have accuracy on the deep throw"

"Kaep has too much arm strength, and has no touch" If the Rams had studied Kaep, he would've thrown 3 picks...
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

vCash
    I think there are several times where you don't deserve to win and still come out with a win. That usually is apparent with championship teams. The 49ers had a great opportunity to do just that last game and didn't do much there.

The 49ers now face the Bears, and then at Saints, at Rams. If they play anything close to the way they did yesterday that's 0-3. The 49ers hopefully will correct their flaws from this game, and come out better against the Bears on national tv. That defense is overly due for a dominant performance against a decent team. They haven't done that since the Lions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    Definitely felt like a loss. Played like garbage. What's up with the defense? Rams drop 24 on us ? Horrible
    The scariest part about the D was the Rams final TD drive. Bradford did whatever he wanted to do. After the fumble recovery, I thought the Niners had the game in the bag, then the defense collapsed.

vCash
    It was clear that Kap isn't ready for the big time just yet. Whether he'll ever be ready is another story and I don't think he'll be a good NFL QB. Of course, thats my opinion and others will have their own. Is he more Cam Newton or Michael Vick than he is a Steve Young? I think he is, which doesn't bode too well for this franchise. Alex Smith is the unquestioned starter until a clear better option is available. Kap isn't that option this season and probably not even next season where Smith is still under contract.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    It was clear that Kap isn't ready for the big time just yet. Whether he'll ever be ready is another story and I don't think he'll be a good NFL QB. Of course, thats my opinion and others will have their own. Is he more Cam Newton or Michael Vick than he is a Steve Young? I think he is, which doesn't bode too well for this franchise. Alex Smith is the unquestioned starter until a clear better option is available. Kap isn't that option this season and probably not even next season where Smith is still under contract.
    But this game didn't come down to Kaep, IMO. It came down to the defense not getting a stop in the 4th qtr and Akers missing a kick.

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post
    I'm viewing the tie as a loss. The Niners needed to get a win out of that game. Oh we'll, time to move on.
    This.

I missed the game because I had to work, and was livid I missed it, but hearing the analysis on way home I am kind of glad I missed it. I just feel sick inside.

I am getting the notion that there was alot of Kaepernick bashing out of frustration in here, I am glad I missed that. Considering the fact that anyone that wants to call him a bust so soon and wants to be taken seriously is a fool.

We need a statement game against the Bears.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Gotta give credit to the Rams. They played their best game of the year. Amendola made Rodgers look bad. Bradford got the ball out crisp and fast. Steven Jackson had great blocking and clearly put out his best effort of the year. Quinn and Long proved they're not solely pass rushers and can stop the run. Most importantly Fischer outcoached.

That being said, 49ers should dominate these games in every facet.

Aside from the 49ers defense's poor play, special teams can't allow those conversions. Seely played too aggressive and it cost him twice. 49ers O-line was very soft and lethargic. Gore got little help.

It's unfair to be too critical of Kaper in this kinda of game but this really eliminated any doubts to anyone who felt he was ready to take over. Although, he may be one of the toolsiest QBs in the league, he hasn't shown that he can read coverages at all.

Hopefully this team destroys Chicago. Can't help but feel Harbaugh and CO looked past the Rams to this game.

vCash
    Kaepernick will be a starting QB. You don't have to agree but to say he's just a RB is wrong.

He holds the ball too long but that's a case of him not being ready and attempting not to rely on his legs every single play.

I don't even know why leftymo bothers with football. I've never seen a more negative fan. It's beyond realism and it's just obsessive pessimism.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    This.

I missed the game because I had to work, and was livid I missed it, but hearing the analysis on way home I am kind of glad I missed it. I just feel sick inside.

I am getting the notion that there was alot of Kaepernick bashing out of frustration in here, I am glad I missed that. Considering the fact that anyone that wants to call him a bust so soon and wants to be taken seriously is a fool.

We need a statement game against the Bears.
    Other then the guy calling him a RB no one is calling him a bust.

People who are hating on him are just letting everyone know that we have the right QB at the moment. Can he be a great QB? Yeah, but not now. Alex Smith is the right QB for this team at this time. Thats all I am saying at least. Anyone who says Smith is holding this team back is WRONG.

Go Braves/49ers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    Sorry for comparing him to a rookie. I'll compare him to Andy Dalton who threw 4 TD's against the NY Giants.
    Andy Dalton was a 16 game starter last year plus all of this year. How would that be a fair comparision? Clearly a player who gets game action is going to pickup the game faster than a player who doesn't even get meaningful practice reps.

vCash
    How old are you? You can't create an argument without insults? Maybe you are just too young, go to college first, argumentative writing is a good course. Then maybe get a masters.. Or just grow up.

I wasn't impressed by Kaep, but then again I grew up watching Montana & Young. Even Garcia. I watch Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Eli, Big Ben, Matty Ice, and Aaron Rodgers.

Dismiss his "upside"? I think the 49ers can do better at the QB position. Maybe I'm sick of the 10+ consecutive season of not having a respectable passing game. Not having a 1000 yd receiver since... uh Antonio Bryant???

I saw a QB that handles the ball wrecklessly, that really extended drives, critical drives with his legs more than his arm. He didn't turn the ball over, but from what I've seen he is extremely prone to multiple turnovers. Like the NY Giants game. The Bears capitalize on these kinds of things. Hopefully Alex can play, and then the 49ers should seriously consider bringing in another QB in the off-season. 2nd round QB selections is too high to groom as a backup. He's gotta be an effective starter, possibly a very good starter. Drew Brees was a 2nd round pick right?

Andy Dalton is pretty damn good.
    I throw the insults at you because you are the worst poster in this forum. I present arguments against you and you disappear into your cave until the next time the 49ers lose. The only time you appear is to take cheap shots at the team. I'm sorry, but an 85 QB rating is pretty good for a first game. If you can't see that, then you are blind.

vCash
    A direct quote from KNBR said moments ago...

"Alex has touch but doesn't have accuracy on the deep throw"

"Kaep has too much arm strength, and has no touch" If the Rams had studied Kaep, he would've thrown 3 picks...
    What do you expect from a QB that got the most time under center his whole career? He's basically a rookie. He's still learning.

Ariana Grande

Page 67 of 70 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast