Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who will win?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • St. Louis Rams

    0 0%
  • San Francisco 49ers

    21 100.00%
Page 66 of 70 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 990 of 1042
  1. #976
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    4,805
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    He also threw a pick-6 and another pass that would've been a pick-6 if the DB held onto the ball. Plus, he lost a fumble. Let's not pretend like Nick "Fowles", whoever that is, looked better than Kaepernick.

    One's a rookie, the other just looked like one.
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

  2. #977
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    4,805
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    He's going to be starting for the 49ers in the future. I think he takes over next year if Alex Smith doesn't lead us to the Super Bowl.

    You really believe that? Besides the fact that he wrecklessly holds the ball, his best weapon is his legs (not his passing ability), can't take a snap under center, and failed at reading defenses...

    other than that he's great!


    lol.
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

  3. #978
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    4,805
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    He also threw a pick-6 and another pass that would've been a pick-6 if the DB held onto the ball. Plus, he lost a fumble. Let's not pretend like Nick "Fowles", whoever that is, looked better than Kaepernick.

    Foles had a better QB rating, he threw for 200+ yards, and a TD pass. You could ADD Kaep's 66 yards rushing and he still doesn't throw for as much Foles did. Foles went against the Dallas defense as a rookie, Kaep didn't have near as good a defense to face.

    Kaep also had 2 fumbles, just happened to have Miller & Gore save him. I'm comparing Kaepernick to a rookie who has played ZIP. Not his peers like Andy Dalton...
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

  4. #979
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,544
    vCash
    1500
    You guys are killing me with these Kap comments with the way you guys are judging him. Let's use some common sense here. Kap took zero snaps with the first stringers, then got thrown in the game half way through. How well do you expect somone to look running an offense they never have before during game min?

    Overall I thought he did a good job. He made some plays and didn't throw any pics. He also put us in position to win the game in OT. Ackers just choked again.

    In any case my point is you can't judge somone off of 1/2 a game where he was never preped with the first stringers all week/year. Like everything else it takes time. People who claim he is the answere or not the answer are just plain ignorant. Let a guy get at least one practice in with the 1st stringers before you throw away his entire career saying he's nothing. Afterall you guys gave Alex 7 years before making final judgements...and alot of you still haven't. Give Kap a handful of games at least.
    Last edited by macc; 11-12-2012 at 11:12 AM.

  5. #980
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nothern Colorado
    Posts
    1,641
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by macc View Post
    You guys are killing me with these Kap comments with the way you guys are judging him. Let's use some common sense here. Kap took zero snaps with the first stringers, then got thrown in the game half way through. How well do you expect somone to look running an offense they never have before during game min?

    Overall I thought he did a good job. He made some plays and didn't throw any pics. He also put us in position to win the game in OT. Ackers just chocked again.

    In any case my point is you can't judge somone off of 1/2 a game where he was never preped with the first stringers all week/year. Like everything else it takes time. People who claim he is the answere or not the answer are just plain ignorant. Let a guy get at least one practice in with the 1st stringers before you throw away his entire career saying he's nothing. Afterall you guys gave Alex 7 years before making final judgements...and alot of you still haven't. Give Kap a handful of games at least.
    I'd be happy to give Kap a handful of games, except I'd really like the team to win a SB before Gore retires. Therefore Alex is still the best QB on the team.

    As I stated before, this game actually made me feel better about Kap - but it shows he's still not yet ready for the starting job. Before this game, I had almost no confidence in him - simply because I had not seen him in action in a real game.

    If you expect us to suddenly be all up in Kap loving, you are simply being blinded by not liking Alex. Kap may well have his day with the 49ers, and I hope he'll stay around long enough too. But Alex is still clearly the best QB we have on the team. If he's healthy, he needs to be starting. If he's not, then Kap needs to get as many rep's as he can with the 1's so both he and they are ready for a Kap lead offense.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

  6. #981
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    380
    vCash
    1500
    I cant believe im gonna say this but i also want kyle williams to be the kick returner again.
    49ersssss

  7. #982
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    380
    vCash
    1500
    And somebody please teach kap how to properly secure a football it was really disgusting to watch.
    49ersssss

  8. #983
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,544
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcheeze View Post
    I'd be happy to give Kap a handful of games, except I'd really like the team to win a SB before Gore retires. Therefore Alex is still the best QB on the team.

    As I stated before, this game actually made me feel better about Kap - but it shows he's still not yet ready for the starting job. Before this game, I had almost no confidence in him - simply because I had not seen him in action in a real game.

    If you expect us to suddenly be all up in Kap loving, you are simply being blinded by not liking Alex. Kap may well have his day with the 49ers, and I hope he'll stay around long enough too. But Alex is still clearly the best QB we have on the team. If he's healthy, he needs to be starting. If he's not, then Kap needs to get as many rep's as he can with the 1's so both he and they are ready for a Kap lead offense.


    I think you missed my point entiretly. I'm not saying he should be starting now or that he's better/worse then Alex is now. I'm not saying one way or the other. I'm reading some of these comments about people bashing Kap and I think they are unwarrented because the guy hasn't even had one practice with the starting line up.

    At this point I would rather see Alex start because I know what he brings to the table. I'm just saying I'm not going to say Kap is a bust based off 1/2 of a game like some of you guys are saying. That's my only point here.

  9. #984
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,646
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    One's a rookie, the other just looked like one.
    First off, Kaepernick is essentially a rookie. He didn't get an offseason last year due to the lockout and he was the backup for the entire year. Second, Kaepernick had a QB Rating of 84.7 which is not bad at all for a QB that hasn't played more than spot duty in the NFL. He had 64.7% completion rate which is the same as Tom Brady's for the year (not saying he as good as Brady, just giving his completion % a reference point). He also added in 8 rushes for 66 yards and a TD. He didn't throw any interceptions. He did fumble the ball and hold the ball a little too long, but those are correctable. Aside from his first 2-3 passes (after his nerves calmed down), he was very accurate passing the football. He looked the part and drove the team down for a TD when trailing, a fg to tie when trailing, and a fg to win in OT (that Akers obviously missed). Anyone who can look at yesterdays game and dismiss Kaepernick's upside is a moron...and well, it appears that you are alone on Moron Island so nothing is new.

  10. #985
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,646
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    Foles had a better QB rating, he threw for 200+ yards, and a TD pass. You could ADD Kaep's 66 yards rushing and he still doesn't throw for as much Foles did. Foles went against the Dallas defense as a rookie, Kaep didn't have near as good a defense to face.

    Kaep also had 2 fumbles, just happened to have Miller & Gore save him. I'm comparing Kaepernick to a rookie who has played ZIP. Not his peers like Andy Dalton...
    Foles had a better QB rating because he threw the TD and Kaep ran his TD. Kaep had a better QBR. As far as the volume stats, who cares? Kaep attempted 15 less passes than Foles so of course Foles will have more passing yards. He fumbled the ball twice. Foles fumbled it one (lost it) and threw a pick-6 and a near second pick-6. Kaep may not be a rookie, but he has essentially played zip aside from some spot duty.

  11. #986
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    20,701
    vCash
    1500
    I'm viewing the tie as a loss. The Niners needed to get a win out of that game. Oh we'll, time to move on.



    Slumpy Shoulder HR Counter: 10



  12. #987
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    4,805
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by macc View Post
    You guys are killing me with these Kap comments with the way you guys are judging him. Let's use some common sense here. Kap took zero snaps with the first stringers, then got thrown in the game half way through. How well do you expect somone to look running an offense they never have before during game min?

    Overall I thought he did a good job. He made some plays and didn't throw any pics. He also put us in position to win the game in OT. Ackers just choked again.

    In any case my point is you can't judge somone off of 1/2 a game where he was never preped with the first stringers all week/year. Like everything else it takes time. People who claim he is the answere or not the answer are just plain ignorant. Let a guy get at least one practice in with the 1st stringers before you throw away his entire career saying he's nothing. Afterall you guys gave Alex 7 years before making final judgements...and alot of you still haven't. Give Kap a handful of games at least.
    Well I didn't want to give Alex 7 years. Kaep is raw. That was evident in that game last year. He came very close to multiple turnovers, but he had ZERO. His release time is much slower, but his velocity compensates. As a result WR's have to adjust to his passes b/c they have fare more zip on them.

    Maiocco said it best after yesterday, his best weapon is his legs. His ability to gain some key yards by scrambling helped the 49ers more than his ability to read a defense and execute passes.

    Giving Kaep 7 years is a mistake, as is giving any QB that doesn't produce. See David Carr. I'm really HOPING Smith plays against the Bears, those near turnovers will be actual turnovers against the Bears.
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

  13. #988
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    4,805
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Foles had a better QB rating because he threw the TD and Kaep ran his TD. Kaep had a better QBR. As far as the volume stats, who cares? Kaep attempted 15 less passes than Foles so of course Foles will have more passing yards. He fumbled the ball twice. Foles fumbled it one (lost it) and threw a pick-6 and a near second pick-6. Kaep may not be a rookie, but he has essentially played zip aside from some spot duty.

    Sorry for comparing him to a rookie. I'll compare him to Andy Dalton who threw 4 TD's against the NY Giants.
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

  14. #989
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    4,805
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ImgoodHarbaughU View Post
    I cant believe im gonna say this but i also want kyle williams to be the kick returner again.

    After his fumble yesterday?


    Kyle Williams also had a boneheaded penalty if I'm not mistaken...


    I am not sure why he's on the team and AJ Jenkins isn't playing.
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

  15. #990
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    4,805
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post
    I'm viewing the tie as a loss. The Niners needed to get a win out of that game. Oh we'll, time to move on.

    yeah. Losing to a 3-5 team at home when giving up 458 yards sure feels like one.

    The team wasn't prepared, didn't play defense, and had to salvage a tie. They had several opportunities to LOSE that game, and one opportunity to WIN that game.

    So yeah, it should've been a loss. Rams beat us up good. Now the 49ers play some tough teams.

    I'm no longer convinced that the 2012 49ers are BETTER than the 2011 49ers. Not on special teams, not with coaching, and their defense has shown some poor performances.
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

Page 66 of 70 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •