Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • St. Louis Rams

0 0%
  • San Francisco 49ers

21 100.00%
Page 65 of 70 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast
    vCash
    ....also, what is going on our 2nd and 3rd and long situations on defense? Seems like we are always giving up a lot of yardage in those situations. Seems like the defense is playing way too overconfident. They need a wakeup call or we will be 1 and out in the playoffs if we even make it.
    Carlos "You Better" Hyde

vCash
    Ginn always runs left and right into the pile. I think he farthest he got was to the 22nd yard line...

I would rather see Lamichael James return kicks.

THE BEST DH IN SF GIANTS HISTORY!

2010 and 2012 World Series Champs !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sf-fanatic View Post
    Ginn always runs left and right into the pile. I think he farthest he got was to the 22nd yard line...

Why does he slow down? He runs out to about the 10 then slows to about 3/4 speed. It's freaking infuriating!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jbeezy View Post
    We came out very flat in this game. Im starting to get really fed up with Ginn running out on kickoffs and not getting it past the 20. Also, why the **** is Willis getting dragged for extra yardage. Its like Derek Cyclops Smith allover again.
    He hasn't really been the same guy this year. I noticed it early, but he's still better than anybody not named Bowman. The problem I see is him not coming at the ball carrier like he used to. He seems to be almost waiting for contact a lot this year. He also is not getting off blocks and still can't be a RB in pass pro.

vCash

I want Williams back returning kicks.

#PoseyHugs #SanchezHugs

vCash

Uh....did you see him returning punts and kicks during preseason? Muffed like half of them.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    I want Williams back returning kicks.
    Williams was great early in the year in the return game. This is definitely Ginn's last year with the team.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    I just really hope Smith is able to return for the next game. I don't know too much about the time frame for concussions but I really don't want to have Kaepernick starting against the bears defense just yet. I love the guy and think that he will eventually be the guy but he definitely needs to work on some things before I'll feel comfortable with him in games vs defenses like this. Just my opinion.

vCash
    So far as Ginn returning the kicks, I think you have to factor in the way the kick coverage is for the opposing team. I think they want to force him closer to the sidelines because they know how dangerous he is in the middle of the field. I didn't like Williams back there because minus the 90 yard return against he Vikes, he didn't really do anything on kickoff returns.

Also I agree with some of ther posters about Kaep, he shows the potential but it's also very obvious that he isn't ready to be the starter. Aside from the fact that he hasn't worked with the first team unit as much, he's just late with his reads and hesitates too long. One of the things that guys give Alex hell about is his checkdowns, but hell Kaep won't even check it down. He had a couple of chances to do so late in the game and he decided to try and run with the ball himself. I know he has great feet work running the ball but don't confuse that with being ready to be a complete starter guys. He still needs time.

vCash
    If Smith can't go next game, get ready to see 80% snaps out of the shotgun. Kaep struggles behind center and completely loses his pocket presence and holds the ball too long. Gore is also less effective out of the shotgun and so is our play action. Hopefully Smith can go against the Bears...

THE BEST DH IN SF GIANTS HISTORY!

2010 and 2012 World Series Champs !

vCash
    The Kaepernick debut went well. He's going to be starting (for some team) in the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle916 View Post
    The Kaepernick debut went well. He's going to be starting (for some team) in the future.

Nick Fowles threw a beautiful TD pass in his rookie debut. Kaep isn't a rookie but still doesn't know how to take a snap from under center, and didn't look like he could complete a pass.

As Maiocco said, his best weapon is his legs. He's not a QB, he's a RB trying to play QB. A tebow type. Not remotely close to Cam or RG3.

I learned that Kaep is not the future. He holds the ball like he was trying to spin it like a globetrotter. Multiple fumbles are inevitable. He did fumble it once, but got lucky. I sure hope Smith is healthy for the next game.

I'm shocked the 49ers traded up to get Kaep. Some fans have thought they really wanted Dalton, but most now realize they wanted Kaep. Dalton threw 4 TD's in a game against the Giants yesterday. Alex Smith has yet to do that, let alone Kaep.
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post

Nick Fowles threw a beautiful TD pass in his rookie debut. Kaep isn't a rookie but still doesn't know how to take a snap from under center, and didn't look like he could complete a pass.

As Maiocco said, his best weapon is his legs. He's not a QB, he's a RB trying to play QB. A tebow type. Not remotely close to Cam or RG3.

I learned that Kaep is not the future. He holds the ball like he was trying to spin it like a globetrotter. Multiple fumbles are inevitable. He did fumble it once, but got lucky. I sure hope Smith is healthy for the next game.

I'm shocked the 49ers traded up to get Kaep. Some fans have thought they really wanted Dalton, but most now realize they wanted Kaep. Dalton threw 4 TD's in a game against the Giants yesterday. Alex Smith has yet to do that, let alone Kaep.
    He also threw a pick-6 and another pass that would've been a pick-6 if the DB held onto the ball. Plus, he lost a fumble. Let's not pretend like Nick "Fowles", whoever that is, looked better than Kaepernick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle916 View Post
    He's going to be starting for the 49ers in the future. I think he takes over next year if Alex Smith doesn't lead us to the Super Bowl.

vCash
    I saw some grades off twitter. Something like D for Defense, C for offense, F for special teams, D for coaching.

I think the D definitely deserves an F. They allowed 458 yards in the game which would rank dead last in the NFL. They were unprepared for the Rams and couldn't stop them in the pass or the rush. Besides Aldon's two sacks, the D-line couldn't stop the run, and couldn't generate pressure on Bradford. Patrick Willis and Carlos Rogers were by far the worst defenders out there missing tackles, getting burned, and not making plays.

Offensively, (Grade C-) it took SF to get going and that used to happen to Steve Young's team coming off a bye. Once they got their act together, they had a good drive that resulted in a beautiful 3rd and 7 TD to Crabs. Big time play there. But the Smith concussion essentially eliminated the 49er offense. Roman decided to call exotic plays instead of simplifying it for his young QB. They seemed to pass more than they should have. Kendall Hunter was used sparingly (3 carries?). Kaep didn't look like he could complete a pass. His best weapon was his legs on the drive that led to his rushing TD. (several good scrambles)

Coaching D. They didn't look prepared at all. They looked like a team that rested for 23 days. Offensively, there were few plays that stumped the Rams D, and defensively they couldn't stop the Rams at all. The special teams also had no clue, punt especially. kickoff coverage was ok, but kickoff returns were non-existent. punt coverage also gave up a TD that was saved by a penalty.

Special Teams. D. The only reason this isn't an F is the fumble that led directly to a TD. Another missed FG, a punt returned for a TD called back b/c of a block in the back, and no returns in the punt or kickoff game whatsoever, and of course getting burned by two fake punts. One of which led to a go-ahead TD, late in the 4th quarter.
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

Page 65 of 70 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast