Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who will win?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • St. Louis Rams

    0 0%
  • San Francisco 49ers

    21 100.00%
Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 1042
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    22,883
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Jinxes aren't real.... 27, 10 49ers win!


    You are my new bestest friend!
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,220
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Jinxes aren't real.... 27, 10 49ers win!
    You just won't admit it will you. Lol...Even if CJ's leg falls off, there's not such thing as the Madden Curse.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,692
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Jinxes aren't real.... 27, 10 49ers win!
    just ask the hundreds of kickers that miss the FG right after the announcer says "he is 4/4 from FG's today" or "2/2" or whatever... or ask the hundreds of free throw shooters that miss right when the announcer says "he is perfect from the line tonight" lol

    the best one was TCU vs Baylor last year in that epic game. The announcer said right before the snap "we have not had a turnover tonight!" and literally 5 seconds later, dude fumbles it

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    22,883
    vCash
    1500
    That is not a jinx man...they say it a ton more and it works out. People just notice the other more
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Alex Smith's Dick
    Posts
    3,469
    vCash
    500
    Yeah they just say that stuff every freaking time so the one time they miss, or something bad happens they can make a stupid little joke about how they jinxed them.


    Go Braves/49ers!

  6. #21
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,663
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    You just won't admit it will you. Lol...Even if CJ's leg falls off, there's not such thing as the Madden Curse.
    Wait, now if someone goes from 1st in receiving to 7th in overall receiving, it is because of the Madden curse? That is ridiculous. Everyone on the cover will always be part of the curse because the player on the cover will typically be the best at his position the year before and if defenses adjust to take that player out of the game, then voila there is the curse. He's not hurt. He's averaging close to 100 yards per game (5th in that category). So, he's not getting in the endzone a lot, but doesn't that have more to do with Stafford's shortfalls than Calvin's...plus the fact that he is being triple teamed on a regular basis.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,220
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Wait, now if someone goes from 1st in receiving to 7th in overall receiving, it is because of the Madden curse? That is ridiculous. Everyone on the cover will always be part of the curse because the player on the cover will typically be the best at his position the year before and if defenses adjust to take that player out of the game, then voila there is the curse. He's not hurt. He's averaging close to 100 yards per game (5th in that category). So, he's not getting in the endzone a lot, but doesn't that have more to do with Stafford's shortfalls than Calvin's...plus the fact that he is being triple teamed on a regular basis.
    No...because it's week 8 and he still hasn't scored a TD while dropping easily catchable passes and is also battling kneee and head injuries. The standard things that seem to follow being on the Madden cover.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,692
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    That is not a jinx man...they say it a ton more and it works out. People just notice the other more
    "and Ryan Succop is 14/14 from FG this season..... here's the kick..... and it's off the goal post, no good." - thursday night football announcer literally 3 minutes ago


  9. #24
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,663
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    No...because it's week 8 and he still hasn't scored a TD while dropping easily catchable passes and is also battling kneee and head injuries. The standard things that seem to follow being on the Madden cover.
    This is factually incorrect. He has score 1 TD. Yes, that's a major dropoff from last season, but did you ever consider that now he is receiving special treatment from defenses and that they are purposely taking him out of the game as much as they can? As far as your knee and head injuries reference, he has not missed a game due to injury. If we count players battling through injuries in this violent game as a sign of the Madden curse, then it will be so easy to claim a curse for anything since three quarters of the league is battling through injuries. Sports curses aren't real. Next time you visit with the tooth fairy you can ask her and she'll tell you in case you the same thing.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,663
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by tapajafri View Post
    "and Ryan Succop is 14/14 from FG this season..... here's the kick..... and it's off the goal post, no good." - thursday night football announcer literally 3 minutes ago

    And when he was 13/13 and 12/12 they said the same thing and he made them. He's going to miss eventually. It's not a jinx, it's just reality.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,220
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    This is factually incorrect. He has score 1 TD. Yes, that's a major dropoff from last season, but did you ever consider that now he is receiving special treatment from defenses and that they are purposely taking him out of the game as much as they can? As far as your knee and head injuries reference, he has not missed a game due to injury. If we count players battling through injuries in this violent game as a sign of the Madden curse, then it will be so easy to claim a curse for anything since three quarters of the league is battling through injuries. Sports curses aren't real. Next time you visit with the tooth fairy you can ask her and she'll tell you in case you the same thing.
    My bad. He has 1 TD in 7 games. You're right...he's tearing it up. Teams have been gameplanning to take him out of the game his entire career.

    This is why I had you on my ignore list before. If somebody says or thinks something you don't like or agree with you're a ******** about it.
    Last edited by NinerHomer49; 11-02-2012 at 09:28 AM.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    Posts
    10,584
    vCash
    1500
    You guys ever go to that certain website that talks about pro football? (Not sure if mention of them is against rules)

    Read the comments on the articles regarding our team. The amount of hate for Smith, Harbaugh and just the team in general is hilarious. It's good to be back! Jealousy breeds hate.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,663
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    My bad. He has 1 TD in 7 games. You're right...he's tearing it up. Teams have been gameplanning to take him out of the game his entire career.

    This is why I had you on my ignore list before. If somebody says or thinks something you don't like or agree with you're a ******** about it.
    He's down in touchdowns on the year. I'm not disputing that. So are several players that were near the top of the league in TDs last year. Did the Madden curse spread to them, or is it the Nike curse, or the Gatorade curse. Tony Romo's stats have plummeted this year. Which curse is he under? Although Calvin is down on TDs, he is still near the top of the league in yards per game and receptions per game dispite his QB playing awful (Stafford is 22nd in QB Rating). Calvin has not missed one game with injury. Finding an area of decrease on any player on any cover of a video game shouldn't be too difficult when they are likely on it after an unbelievable year and it is difficult to repeat in the league because defenses make adjustments. There aren't curses. Santa Claus told me and I verified it with the Lepracaun who buried a pot of gold in my back yard yesterday.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,331
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    He's down in touchdowns on the year. I'm not disputing that. So are several players that were near the top of the league in TDs last year. Did the Madden curse spread to them, or is it the Nike curse, or the Gatorade curse. Tony Romo's stats have plummeted this year. Which curse is he under? Although Calvin is down on TDs, he is still near the top of the league in yards per game and receptions per game dispite his QB playing awful (Stafford is 22nd in QB Rating). Calvin has not missed one game with injury. Finding an area of decrease on any player on any cover of a video game shouldn't be too difficult when they are likely on it after an unbelievable year and it is difficult to repeat in the league because defenses make adjustments. There aren't curses. Santa Claus told me and I verified it with the Lepracaun who buried a pot of gold in my back yard yesterday.
    Then why didn't you say all of that yesterday??? Forgot?

  15. #30
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,663
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    Then why didn't you say all of that yesterday??? Forgot?
    I shouldn't have had to; the Tooth Fairy should have been enough.

Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •