Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    Hold on, isn't that insulting other members?
    Ah hah!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    And it took them seven years to become relevant again but that was with drafting phenoms like Strawberry & Gooden.
    Exactly that's why i think they get the deal with Wright done.

vCash
    If you had David Wright locked up for 3 seasons or more , maybe even 2, then you could get a decent return for him.

I doubt very much that a team would give you what you think his true value is for a 1 year rental unless they could lock him up with an extension.

The Beltran trade was an aberration in that the Giants thought that he was the missing piece that would get them a repeat.

The Mets will try hard to extend Wright but as some posters have said, that if they were Wright they might not accept the extension unless it was shown that the team was serious in improving.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Exactly that's why i think they get the deal with Wright done.

It's gonna take 7 years, DW holds all the cards here. He's the ONLY draw the team has, without DW I think the Coupons think they're looking at an attendance disaster.

Now if this team were doing what it's pretending it's doing and rebuilding, you admit it, and trade both guys away, but expect a one in and one out fudge. Fans would accept a rebuild as they know the team is going nowhere as is (unless you're a moron that is).

Spindy can't drop the ball with either of these two guys like he did with Reyes. He's got a very poor return for the top quality players we have lost so far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Sports Fan View Post
    If you had David Wright locked up for 3 seasons or more , maybe even 2, then you could get a decent return for him.

I doubt very much that a team would give you what you think his true value is for a 1 year rental unless they could lock him up with an extension.

The Beltran trade was an aberration in that the Giants thought that he was the missing piece that would get them a repeat.

The Mets will try hard to extend Wright but as some posters have said, that if they were Wright they might not accept the extension unless it was shown that the team was serious in improving.
    I never bought into this line of thinking. If the Mets offer Wright a competitive contract, at least as much as anyone else is offering, Wright will sign on the dotted line and not worry so much about the peripheral stuff. Heck, he could even justify his re-signing by saying "The Mets showed me they are serious in competing when they offered me this contract."

See how that works?
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Five weeks have passed since the Mets season ended, and general manager Sandy Alderson remains locked in contract negotiations with the representatives of his two most prominent players, third baseman David Wright and starter R.A. Dickey.

The team has only accomplished the preliminary steps thus far. Last week they exercised Wright’s $16 million option for 2013 and Dickey’s $5 million for 2013. Since then, one person with knowledge of the discussions indicated the Mets were “not close” to a resolution with either player. The person requested anonymity because neither side has commented publicly on the negotiations.

Within the organization, the hope remains that both players can be given extensions, rather than traded away. The talks may heat up during the GM meetings this week in Indian Wells, Calif. All parties — the Mets, Wright’s agents Seth and Sam Levinson of the ACES agency, and Dickey’s agent Bo McKinniss — have remained quiet on any ongoing negotiations.

Wright, who turns 30 next month, is believed to be seeking a contract that could carry him up to retirement, a seven- to eight-year pact worth upward of $20 million each season.

Yahoo Sports reported today the Major League Baseball Players’ Association cleared the Levinsons of any wrongdoing in Melky Cabrera’s cover-up of a positive test for performance-enhancing drugs. After Cabrera flunked a test with too much testosterone, an ACES consultant named Juan Nunez allegedly built a fake website to help Cabrera skirt disciplinary action.

In the wake of Cabrera’s suspension, Wright made clear he planned to stay with the Levinsons, who have represented him since the Mets selected him in the first round of the 2001 draft.

Dickey celebrated his 38th birthday last week. He is coming off a career season, one that could nab him the Cy Young Award. Opposing executives believe he could fetch a four-year deal on the open market in 2013, as a nod to his consistency and an appreciation for his knuckleball.
    http://www.nj.com/mets/index.ssf/201..._little_h.html

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123