Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash

Potential Trades

Just had this thought. The Carpenter release seems a bit odd. In the past, if we are resigning someone who has already been the team, generally the release/signing are announced together so that the incoming player can get back in the facility ASAP. If we are calling up someone from the PS, that generally happens on Saturday ( just before the game) and then a player is released (commonly known as the 54 man roster move around the NFL). This is so that the player who is released (and has a high chance of returning at some point) can practice all week I.E. Ventrone last year. Neither one of these 2 scenarios have happened , so it is my thinking that there are 2 possible things going on here. 1. A possible trade is in the mix, or at least BB is looking for a trade partner to shore up some part of the team. So basically he wants the roster spot open so he can pull the trigger as fast as he needs to without having to go through the paper work/red tape of releasing someone. OR 2. Brian Waters has decided to return to the team for the second half of the season during the bye week. I would say this is less likely as usually players wouldn't come into the building in the first week, but would wait until the 2nd week. Just my 2 cents as I was pondering why BB chose this time to release Carpenter.
    PSD's Kenbrell Thompkins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccspence8 View Post
    Yet we just released Sterling Moore wtf
    Where did you see that? If true then we must be acquiring a DB in a trade. Our 2ndary is already taking the injuries pretty hard. We need more depth not less.
    PSD's Kenbrell Thompkins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by holywack17 View Post
    Where did you see that? If true then we must be acquiring a DB in a trade. Our 2ndary is already taking the injuries pretty hard. We need more depth not less.
    That's what I'm saying. Weei sent me an update saying they dropped sterling Moore and picked up LB Mike Rivera (who they cut like 3 weeks ago no?) and DB Derrick Martin.

Red Sox

Celtics

Patriots

vCash

Potential Trades

Hmmm... Ok so the roster is back at 53....kinda odd...., I thought Moore played well lately.
    PSD's Kenbrell Thompkins

vCash
    No Moore always sucked (well, besides last postseason)

But definitely trade for DRC! I think a 3rd rounder would be the cost, but definitely.

Rest of the season
    CB McCourty
    CB DRC
    slot CB Dennard
    SS Chung
    FS Gregory
    S Wilson

Offseason- let Arrington and Chung go

CB McCourty, DRC (re-sign), Dennard, Cole, Dowling
    S Gregory, Wilson, Ebner, ????

Speculation BTW

vCash

Potential Trades

Doubt we are getting DRC. I'd rather have Moore over Arrington.
    PSD's Kenbrell Thompkins

vCash
    Doubt we are getting DRC. I'd rather have Moore over Arrington.
    Same. I thought he needed more playing time. Pretty good coverage and had that strip fumble last week or the week before. Bill makes some questionable calls sometimes man. And I am questioning this. How does he expect to win the Super Bowl with one of the worst secondaries in football? That's one of the reasons we lost the Super Bowl last year. They NEED to make a trade for a #1 CB. Idc what draft picks it takes.

Red Sox

Celtics

Patriots

vCash

Potential Trades

Lets not get carried away. We have a # 1 CB in McCourty. IMO we need better safety play and some better depth at CB. I'm not saying It would hurt to get a better starting corner. But there are restrictions, cap, draft picks, etc. This isn't madden where you can have a 90 overall player at every position. I would sooner take a good cover safety over a good Corner at this point.
    PSD's Kenbrell Thompkins

vCash
    Lets not get carried away. We have a # 1 CB in McCourty. IMO we need better safety play and some better depth at CB. I'm not saying It would hurt to get a better starting corner. But there are restrictions, cap, draft picks, etc. This isn't madden where you can have a 90 overall player at every position. I would sooner take a good cover safety over a good Corner at this point.
    I agree with the end but I don't know if I can call McCourty a legitimate #1. He is very inconsistent. I understand he has been in and out of safety, but his corner play when it is man, deep, is not very good man.

vCash
    McCourty has the ball skills of a virgin. But he's usually in the right place.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    McCourty has the ball skills of a virgin. But he's usually in the right place.
    Sounds kinky.

But yeah, McCourty needs to be moved back to CB. That's where he's best at and has been one of the best CB's this season.

vCash
    I agree we need better safety play, but with Gregory signed for the next 2 years and Wilson for the next 3 (plus, Chung's future is up to BB), I don't see many personnel changes there.

However, after the season the only CBs on the roster will be McCourty, Dennard and Dowling (who we can't trust yet). Arrington is GONE. We need to add a CB this offseason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonSports96 View Post
    I agree we need better safety play, but with Gregory signed for the next 2 years and Wilson for the next 3 (plus, Chung's future is up to BB), I don't see many personnel changes there.
    Chung is probably gone, and out of the 3 guys left we have at best:

A starting SS, a back-up SS/FS, and a fifth S/ST guy. We need a starting quality FS, and a better rotational guy then Gregory at SS/FS. If we get those two Gregory could be cut if he doesn't improve.

However, after the season the only CBs on the roster will be McCourty, Dennard and Dowling (who we can't trust yet). Arrington is GONE. We need to add a CB this offseason.
    We need two, either a starter and back-up, or two back-ups if either Dowling or Dennard step up.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    We need something, ANYTHING over Arrington, he is ****ing terrible.

#BostonStrong

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    We need something, ANYTHING over Arrington, he is ****ing terrible.
    He really is. I don't think Arrington can cover a plate in the kitchen. Yeah, that bad.

PSD's Shane Vereen.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast