Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Ty Lawson resigned for 4 years 48 million

Ty Lawson ‏@TyLawson3
    It Looks like im going to be a nugget for another 4 yrs..Thanks to the Kronke family, Masai, nuggets fans and everybody 4 believing In me
    Ty lawson

Kudos to Ty_Lawson in the off-season thread for breaking the news first.

vCash
    Yes!!!!

vCash
    Ty Lawson has agreed to contract extension with Nuggets

Point guard Ty Lawson has agreed to sign an extension with the Nuggets on a four-year, $48 million contract, a league source confirmed.

Lawson, 24, is one of the Nuggets' key players, the motor of Denver's fast-paced offense. In his first season as a starter in 2011-12, Lawson averaged 16.4 points per game and 6.6 assists.

Lawson was drafted out of North Carolina after winning a national championship in 2009. For his career, the 5-foot-11 guard has averaged 12 points per game and 4.8 assists.

According to coach George Karl, Lawson can improve by being more aggressive. For instance, in Game 4 and Game 5 in the first-round playoff series against the Lakers, Lawson scored 11 and nine points; in Games 6-7, he scored 32 and 24. Karl has said time and again that for Lawson to reach the highest echelon of Western Conference point guards, he must find ways for his team to win more regularly.
    DP

vCash
    So he wanted an extra 3 mil?? Maybe there are more bonuses in this one..or guaranteed money.

Anyway, in Uriji I trust. He does it again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    So he wanted an extra 3 mil?? Maybe there are more bonuses in this one..or guaranteed money.

Anyway, in Uriji I trust. He does it again.
    I imagine he wanted something like $52m, and they "settled" at $48.

Its kinda high, he's not at the level of the elite PG's, and this deal has him making more than Rondo.

Gallo at 4/40m is looking like a bargain.

vCash
    Very good news!

vCash
    We messed up in signing McGee to that contract this offseason. He should have made closer to 10. Still with this, Masai has 7 of our 8 best players locked up for the next 3 years, and once we extend iggy we will have all 8 of our best players for a long time. (All 5 starters and Miller, Chandler, Koufus). This is the last extension I see us giving until Iggy in 2014, but I expect a move made by next offseason. I am kinda over the Idea of getting another FA considering our high salary already, so instead I believe we should look to a get a really high draft pick. A package of Mozzy, Hamilton and Maybe Brewer + our 1st rounder might land us a potential top 5 pick. Do this for either this year or next years draft. Congrats Ty! I have loved watching you ever since you were a rook, and i will continue to love watching you for the next 5 seasons!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDean89 View Post
    We messed up in signing McGee to that contract this offseason. He should have made closer to 10. Still with this, Masai has 7 of our 8 best players locked up for the next 3 years, and once we extend iggy we will have all 8 of our best players for a long time. (All 5 starters and Miller, Chandler, Koufus). This is the last extension I see us giving until Iggy in 2014, but I expect a move made by next offseason. I am kinda over the Idea of getting another FA considering our high salary already, so instead I believe we should look to a get a really high draft pick. A package of Mozzy, Hamilton and Maybe Brewer + our 1st rounder might land us a potential top 5 pick. Do this for either this year or next years draft. Congrats Ty! I have loved watching you ever since you were a rook, and i will continue to love watching you for the next 5 seasons!
    Theres no way that package gets anywhere near a top 5 pick unless Hamilton does some serious damage this year. But I agree with everything else.

DEN is pretty capped out now, but with trade assets for either a true star or a top 5 pick. But to get a top 5 pick you probably have to include Chandler or maybe even Gallo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Theres no way that package gets anywhere near a top 5 pick unless Hamilton does some serious damage this year. But I agree with everything else.

DEN is pretty capped out now, but with trade assets for either a true star or a top 5 pick. But to get a top 5 pick you probably have to include Chandler or maybe even Gallo.
    First of all, congrats to Ty Lawson, our nucleus is set for the long term (with the exception of Iggy but in Masai we trust).

And I would have to agree, unless we move someone like McGee (or another high salary piece), we will need to build through the draft as they come with much lower salaries in the short term.

I saw the google chat with Iguodala and he said the best shooter on the team is Gallo, followed by Hamilton. So I am hoping Gallo has a breakout season. Hoping he does not become any part of trade rumors in the future. And his salary right now does look like a bargain when compared to McGee and Lawson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    I imagine he wanted something like $52m, and they "settled" at $48.

Its kinda high, he's not at the level of the elite PG's, and this deal has him making more than Rondo.

Gallo at 4/40m is looking like a bargain.
    I'm okay with the amount. I think it's fair and quite frankly it has the chance to be a steal later on. Ty still has untapped potential and he is easily the most important player on the team. He has the best chance of anybody on the roster to become an all-star so if anybody was going to get paid the most...it was going to be Ty.

Ty has posted 16.4, 17.9, 19.4 PER of his 3 seasons thus far. Rondo has never hit higher than 19.1 PER. Ty also has the superior true shooting percentage (TS%) of .589 while Rondo posts a .513. Rondo is the far superior defender and facilitates better than Ty (although Ty is getting better at that and also is picking it up on the steals department) but Ty is the superior offensive weapon and he's not even established yet.

If Ty continues his improvement and there is really no reason to believe he won't..he'll out produce his contract.

It's all mental with Ty though, it's always been. That's the one big problem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDean89 View Post
    Time will tell with this. Preseason was god awful but you don't earn your money in the preseason. It's just a feel good time.

Ty and JaVale get their chance come tommorow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Time will tell with this. Preseason was god awful but you don't earn your money in the preseason. It's just a feel good time.

Ty and JaVale get their chance come tommorow.
    I would imagine Ty was a little conservative in preseason to avoid injury while trying to negotiate a contract, kinda like AAA.

I expect Ty to be Tynomite tomorrow night, with all the stress and hassles of the contract now out of the way, it's time for him to just play basketball.

As you mentioned in another thread, I think McGee will now play off others and not try to create his own shot until he proves he can do it consistently in practice.

Do believe we will see the really Nuggets tomorrow night, especially since Lawson will be playing to his high octane pace again.

vCash
    great resigning... if we can resign iggy we have our core together for a long time.

vCash
    idk unless injuries occur in the west I don't see Ty being an all star. Westbroook, Paul, Parker, Linn (China voting), Nash, Curry. It will be touuuugh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    idk unless injuries occur in the west I don't see Ty being an all star. Westbroook, Paul, Parker, Linn (China voting), Nash, Curry. It will be touuuugh.
    it's LIN with 1 N...and curry? the only curry i know is stephen curry and he's, surprise surprise, INJURED.....but it'll be hard for ty even without lin nash curry there....for guards you have parker, westbrook, paul, kobe, and iggy...
    for sure the lineup for the all star game is going to be...paul, kobe, durant, griffin, howard...that leaves 8 spots...of that 8 theres westbrook, most likely ibaka, parker, duncan, love, gasol ( both), dirk.....slight chance making it is aldridge and harden then you have lawson....its hard for lawson to make the all star team even as a reserve or a coaches pick but i think iggy can make it seeing how the west only has like 3 all star SG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast