Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

What standard should karl be held to?

Im just curious what everyones take is on George Karl.

He recently made a comment to the media saying, "This is the most exited i've been with a team ever".

Now that it appears karl has a team tailor suited for his coaching style what should be expected? Playoffs? Second round? WCF? The finals?

To me if a coach is as respected around the league as Karl has been and Karl consistently boasts about being 1 of 7 NBA coaches with 1000 or more regular season wins he should be expected to make deep playoff runs with talented rosters.

vCash
    Its gotta be 2 round if he has a great regular season, but honestly he has to make it close to the WCF which means knocking of LA or OKC.

vCash
    I think the playoffs are a minimum expectation, which has been achieved the past 9 years.

George Karl has one excuse left in the bag, that this is a very young team. However, with the talent and addition of Iggy, a playoff appearance would be seen as a minimum expectation and not considered a successful season.

I think reaching the 2nd round of the playoffs would be seen as successful and likely satisfactory if the Nuggets put up a good performance.

Reaching the WCF would be a huge achievement and unexpected but not beyond the realms of possibility. That would be a hugely successful season.

vCash
    less than the 2nd round and challenging for WCF (so like 6-7 games in 2nd round) is a failure of a season in my eyes

vCash
    Agree with everyone here. 2nd round has to be our worst result. Full training camp, pretty much the same same team he had last year, there's no more excuses. (unless another injury ravaged season to key players)

vCash
    No excuses, we got to be contenders. I don't care about the superstar ****, don't care about the youth on this squad...

We got to be legitimate contenders. Another first round knock out will not sit well..

vCash
    Aslong as Karl chooses to properly utilize his players (faried, mcgee, chandler, hamilton ect.) and doesnt stick to playing favourites (miller, brewer..), then I'm sure we'll be fine

https://scloud.com/skipaterner/getting-older-by-the-dayound
    Just a fellow long time PSD user, please listen to track ya'll, appreciate it

vCash
    I don't consider this to be exclusively on GK, but if the Nuggets don't at least get a top 4 seed and make it into the 2nd round, I'll feel like they've fallen short of what they shuld have been able to accomplish this season. I'll be at least somewhat disappointed. So that's the standard I'd cold Karl as well as the rest of the team/staff to: top 4 seed, 2nd round or further
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    yea 2nd round for me too..i think if he doesnt make it to the 2nd round he's gone....also another factor would be the development of guys like lawson, faried, and mcgee...if they develop into great starters then you might see karl get another year

vCash
    i think 55+ win season and 2nd round + playoffs should be acceptable. we are not a championship team yet i believe we are one more move away from bringing in a guy like josh smith and getting a real contender. javale, smith, chandler, iggy, lawson. miller, hamilton, faried, koufos. that is my dream nuggets team.

vCash
    with faried and randolph already at PF and gallo/chandler at SF getting jsmoove now would just screwball the rotation....now if we were to trade gallo (yes i know most of you guys like him..me personally we'll live without him) i think maybe paul pierce giving it one really good shot with us would suffice or maybe we can somehow swing gallo for rudy gay would be nice on this team too

vCash
    Second round is a bare minimum. With luck*, this team could conceivably be a top 2 team in the West.

*read: injuries to OKC and/or LAL

vCash
    Without injuries the sky is the limit for this team. I genuinely believe that if there are no injuries, this team will make the Western Conference finals.

Having said that, there is no coach I'd rather see here than Karl. Irrespective of what happens this year. Even if it's a first round exit.

vCash
    Now only if he could stop wearing that Real Madrid jersey. My blood boils every time I see him wearing that jersey.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Manimal View Post
    Now only if he could stop wearing that Real Madrid jersey. My blood boils every time I see him wearing that jersey.
    Agreed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast