Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    You guys arguing over a guy our own GM personally knows, and didn't go after at all.
    THANK YOU! I think I said that, or at least thought it!
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    You guys arguing over a guy our own GM personally knows, and didn't go after at all.
    Sure...but that's not necessarily because he doesn't think Harden is good enough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Sure...but that's not necessarily because he doesn't think Harden is good enough.
    He doesn't think he's worth the money he got. IMO at least. And we had the pieces to get him here as well, especially after seeing what he went for
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Let's talk about Dwi...err...Josh McRoberts instead! Much more exciting!

Magic did hold an open practice this Monday. They basically played two games of scrimmage. The first one wasn't close, but the second one became a game because Ish hit a big three to give one team a two point lead. There was 10 or so seconds left and JJ pump faked Kyle and got the foul, at the 3. Very bad move. JJ missed the first FT and made the second two. .9 seconds were left. They called a TO and had Baby take the shot, turnaround fadeaway, bounced of the rim and game was tied.

They didn't run an OT I was so mad. Haha.

JJ and Affalo looked the best though.

vCash
    Just found out I got tickets to tomorrow's game. Whoo!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    He doesn't think he's worth the money he got. IMO at least. And we had the pieces to get him here as well, especially after seeing what he went for
    I disagree. We don't have a player as good of a fit on Houston as Kevin Martin is, nor do we have a young player as good as Lamb. Our pick is the only thing they'd be interested in, and I'd imagine regardless of who we're trading for, that pick is untouchable. You don't trade a potential top 3-5 pick when you're rebuilding.

vCash
    I said he isn't worth the max, and as a number 1 option they will not win anything with him. Neither are ridiculous to say. He's not with the likes of Wade, Kobe, Howard, James, Rose, Durant, Westbrook.

I would say Harden is a notch below Melo as well.

You put Rose in the same sentence as James Rap just stop talking bro. You realize the Bulls kept winning handily once Rose got injured right?

Rose is NOT in the same sentence as Lebron, Howard or Durrant so shhhhhhhhh....seriously...shhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Plus my quote was asking if I would take Harden over Rose and I said I don't know, I would have to see Harden as a #1 option first. Harden in his first game as a #1 opt has looked pretty impressive. That's why your signature is F'n weak. In the end you'll see I was right.
    Last edited by macc; 11-01-2012 at 09:35 PM.

vCash
    And how do you propose we would have gotten Harden had we asked? Houston gave OKC a combination of a solid player plus draft picks. We don't have anything desirable on our roster that would intrigue the Thunder. So in reality, you have no clue how the Magic front office values Harden.

And even if you do have an indication, one team's opinion doesn't set the standard for how valuable a player is.
    Magic. Red Sox. Colts. Knights.

vCash
    Lol every Magic thread is discussing a player that we have no business talking about anymore. So the smartest thing to do is drop it and let time tell so you girls can tell each other, "I TOLD YOU SO", when the time is right.

vCash
    Derrick Rose is a top 5 PG in this league. He sure enough is in the top 3 behind Chris Paul, and Deron Williams. Rose will blow Harden out of the water. Harden is not there yet but he will be in a couple of years.

Man Of Steel

vCash
    Anyways... Cheers to a new era!! Led by the likes of Afflalo, Nelson, Baby, and Redick... and here's to a promising future in Ish, Harkless, Jones, Vuvicic, Drew, Moore and Kyle.

Man Of Steel

vCash
    Drose is hurt to much to be talked about as behind cp3 and dwill... if he was healthy and reliable then of course but he isn't ... Brandon Roy coulda been OD also but injuries ruined his legacy as well... its a shame really when healthy drose is amazing to watch

vCash
    Really? You're going to start with the MVP after one game against Detroit with one of the worst defending PG's who's playing SG in Rodney ****ing Stuckey? SERIOUSLY? He is on cloud 9 right now because he's not behind Westbrook and Durant. He's a good player. I NEVER said he wasn't. He will come down, a lot. And when the Rockets play the Thunder, Lakers, Heat...you know...elite teams...to Rockets will probably get hammered because why? They are elite teams, with elite star talent. Harden actually has some damn good talent around him, (outide of Jeremy Lin, who I also think is vastly overrated) and they are young. Getting a guy like Harden is good for them for how young there are. But Harden will not lead them anywhere NEAR a title as the number 1 option. I see 6 seed MAX, and they were a bordarline playoff team with out him.

Lin got top dollar too...does that make him worthy of a max player? Lol nice logic. Just because people are stupid enough to pay it, doesn't make it smart.

And hows this...Who's our GM? Where did he come from? Who did he know from that team? Why didn't he go after him? Why wouldn't he give him MAX money? And that's someone who saw him play EVERY GAME
    You should read and comprehend someone's post before you start rage typing, seriously. I didn't say Harden was an MVP candidate or would be in the race. I simply stated that if he puts up similar numbers all year he would be hard to ignore and so would be your "not a max player" comments. Make up your mind man one minute he won't score because he won't have open looks without westbrook and durant, and now your saying he's on cloud nine because he doesn't have to share the ball....make up your damn mind much? Your logic never makes sense to me, you claiming Harden isn't a max player because you think the Rockets are a 6th seed team. Seriously, read your post. That's a completely asinine statement. The guy is a top 5 SG when there is a big drop-off at any position you have to pay big dollars to get into that next tier. Dwight was a max player and didn't lead us anywhere, Is he not a Max player? It unlikely that any #1 option will win a title by himself in todays NBA so that argument is pointless. What do look for in a max player? This is what I would look for: Marketability-check, box office draw-check, position specific skills; passing-check, shooting-check, efficiency-check, defense average/above- check, ability to create ones own shot-check, FT %-check, ability to get to the rim-check, veteran savvy drawing fouls/taking charges-check... I mean WTF are you looking for Rap...

vCash
    I'll be curious to see if we see any Mo tonight. Though I doubt we will. Can't wait till tip off!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by macc View Post
    I'll be curious to see if we see any Mo tonight. Though I doubt we will. Can't wait till tip off!
    He's officially not playing tonight I believe.

Redick, Hedo and Afflalo will rotate between the 2 and 3 tonight. No Jones or Mo.

I'm excited.

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast