Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrAv=MaGiCfReAk View Post
    It'll be a shame if we end up trading him. But if it makes us a better team in the long run, then I'm for it.

vCash

November Game Thread

I agree, it's a long season and we will hit some hard times in the near future. I think we'll be bottom 5

vCash
    I HOPE we end up bottom 5. Sadly, I'm rooting for us to lose games.

vCash
    I'm kind of rooting for losses too, but I'm not rooting against wins. I'm content with any outcome...but it is best in the long run for us to have a higher pick (assuming we don't **** up that pick).

This team is really young and lacks depth. We've had a lot of great adrenaline wins I feel like, but I'm not sure it can sustain over 82 games. I also think we will be moving a few key pieces for younger/less experienced players or just draft picks. I just don't think over 82 games we can play 40-45% winning basketball.

vCash
    Josh McRoberts and LeBron James are both NBA players who can man both forward positions. They're both listed at 240 pounds. They're both skilled passers for players of their size and position. The similarities between the two men would seem to end there.

But not if you ask McRoberts' Orlando Magic teammates. Because McRoberts has spent some time initiating the Magic's offense in 2012/13, they've nicknamed him JaBron McJames, reports John Denton of OrlandoMagic.com, in the most important news to come from a Magic shootaround in some time.

James has a signature shoe from Nike, is a three-time Most Valuable Player winner, an NBA champion, an NBA Finals Most Valuable Player winner, an eight-time All-Star, and an eight-time All-NBA selection. He owns career averages of 27.6 points, 7.2 rebounds, 6.9 assists, 1.7 steals, and 0.8 blocks. "McJames" was a McDonald's All-American in 2005, with per-game averages of 4.5 points, 3.7 rebounds, 1.3 assists, 0.4 steals, and 0.5 blocks.
    Umm.

vCash

November Game Thread

What a ****** end to the 3rd quarter.
    Can't even get the ball past half court 3 possessions in a row. That's the team we are

vCash

November Game Thread

Up by one! Do it

vCash
    Yay, we finally lost.

Sorry I had to. Really curious what the market value is for BBD.

vCash

November Game Thread

I don't mind these games at all I know we need a high draft pick but I like seeing some fight in our team.

NO KOOL-AID ZONE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Superman* View Post
    Yay, we finally lost.

Sorry I had to. Really curious what the market value is for BBD.
    i dont think hes worth more than an expiring and a late 1st, early 2nd.

vCash
    ^True. He would be a nice glue guy to a team like he was in Boston. But I'm pretty sure we won't get much value in return.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ass View Post
    i dont think hes worth more than an expiring and a late 1st, early 2nd.
    That's probably a fair guess. He would have value on contenders that need PF depth, and his contract is brutal for those teams. I'd trade him just for an expiring honestly. But I'm 100% tank city, so it's probably unrealistic to think that's a good idea.

vCash
    A trade sending Glen Davis to the Bobcats would benefit the Bobcats very much. Or try packaging Davis + Redick for Josh Smith. They keep the same production at PF in Davis and gain a sharp shooter like Redick. Actually makes the Hawks better. We get an expiring player in Smith, and can dish him at the deadline for a better first round pick. It's very logical

Redick as a 6th man for the Hawks would be great for that team. Davis gives them more size and could possible move Horford to guard PF's with Davis guarding the Centers. Makes a lot of sense for both teams
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Or hell, trade Afflalo and Davis for Josh Smith and then we have two expiring players in Smith and Redick, then we can trade both at the deadline and get picks + young players back for them. Afflalo on the Hawks would be great for the Hawks. Our FO has a lot of options at the moment
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Smith's value is interesting. I doubt many teams will want to trade for him with the hopes of re-signing him...because he's gonna want a max contract I'm sure and I don't think many people think he's worth that. He does have huge value as an expiring, however.

Just think though. If we were the Hawks right now, and we were set to have on ~$18 million in contracts next year, would you want to trade your huge expiring contract for Glen Davis and Arron Afflalo, two players who make more combined next year than Smith does this year? I don't think I'd want to at all. It doesn't make too much sense for ATL, unfortunately.

I've said all along that I'm all for trading anyone and everyone not named Nicholson, Vucevic and Harkless (even those guys obviously aren't untouchable), assuming we get either cap relief or picks/young players. We shouldn't be adding any salary at all. Any long term salary that we can turn into expirings we absolutely should do.

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast