Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    fair enough

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    I wouldn't trade a 7th. Waste of a pick to get a RB over 30 and a FA at the end of the year. Jackson is done.

We do not need a RB.
    He's only 29 but either way he's still closer to the end of his career than the beginning. Definitely wouldn't trade Thomas or a 3rd for a 29-30 yr old running back who will be a free agent next season little lone a 3rd and Thomas.

vCash
    just a big Steven Jackson fan!!! reminds me of vintage Ricky Williams <3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. LA View Post
    jackson at 30 reminds you of a vintage ricky williams?

vCash
    I understand that but Jackson is vintage now too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
    jackson at 30 reminds you of a vintage ricky williams?
    No, vintage Jackson reminds me of vintage Williams lol I know Jackson isn't vintage anymore but he is still really good if you put a good team and a good offensive line around him...he could possibly put up another vintage year...we don't need him too tho...he could just be a dynamic duo with Bush

vCash
    Big game here, but I think the true swing game could come at home against Seattle. Regardless, let's go get this one!

vCash
    I think we could really use a guy like Stephen Jackson. He is much better than Daniel Thomas and Reggie Bush cannot sustain a drive for us, too many no gainers to get that short breakaway. Our offense needs a player like Jackson who can give us that smashmouth style offense that Daniel Thomas cannot provide. I would easily give up a 5th for Jackson, but I would not give up a 3rd. Jackson in my opinion can be the difference between us being a playoff quality team to a super bowl quality team.

We can get by with our WR's, but come playoff time I dont think we can get by with a Bush/Thomas tandem at RB. For whatever reason Miller is not getting playing time and if giving up a 5th or even a 4th gives me a chance to be a super bowl contender I would do that in a heartbeat.

With all that said I am not sure where we stand on the salary cap and if we can afford to get Jackson.
    Last edited by Plague; 10-30-2012 at 06:09 PM.

vCash
    No, vintage Jackson reminds me of vintage Williams lol I know Jackson isn't vintage anymore but he is still really good if you put a good team and a good offensive line around him...he could possibly put up another vintage year...we don't need him too tho...he could just be a dynamic duo with Bush

From Dictionary.com

vintage- adjective old-fashioned or obsolete

vCash
    Carolina reportedly taking inquiries for Steve Smith ... hmmm that would be a terrific fit imo ... Smith can draw double teams and open things up for Bess and Hartline ... It makes me drool a little

vCash
    Carolina reportedly taking inquiries for Steve Smith ... hmmm that would be a terrific fit imo ... Smith can draw double teams and open things up for Bess and Hartline ... It makes me drool a little
    Depends on what they want for him. One of our 3rds (at most) might be worth a look. He's not what he used to be, but he showed last season that he can still beast it up. He would add another dimension to this team...could use a field stretcher.
    Feeling much better after that Raider beat down.

vCash
    FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reports teams are calling to gauge interest in a Steve Smith trade, but the Panthers have turned down all inquiries so far.
    Teams want him, they don't want to move him. He's 33 would not trade more than a 5-6th.

vCash
    Now it said Carolina has spurned all offers thus far ... so they are probably asking way too much!

vCash
    Damn you guys are greedy with the draft picks ... you guys are saying you would rather have a third and forth round pick instead of Jackson and Smith ?

This year we used our forth round pick on Egnew who did nothing for us so far ... yeah we got Vernon with our 3rd but more times then none ... we are not going to get a better player then Smith or jackson even at ages 33 and 29 (old for a rb) ... I'd EASILY give a 4th for either and maybe a 3rd ... OUR TIME IS NOW
    Last edited by Mr. LA; 10-30-2012 at 06:26 PM.

vCash
    I'll take a 21-22 year old player who could end up being elite on a CHEEP 4 year deal over a 30-33 year older player who is over paid and is declining.

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast