Miami gets:
    Taijuan walker
    Nick Franklin
    James Paxton
    Kyle Seager/Stefen Romero

Seattle Gets:
    Giancarlo Stanton
    Greg Dobbs
    I still feel like you aren't giving up quite enough, but it's close. But if I'm the Marlins, that's the kind of offer I'm building around and looking at if I'm serious about moving Stanton.

But the Marlins have to believe they can keep Stanton with this young nucleus they have coming. Unless they just get too many good prospects in exchange for him.

vCash
    I wouldn't want to give up any more. I just don't think any one player is worth that much. I know they don't want to or have to trade him so he won't be cheap, but still.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Absolutely.

If I'm the Marlins, I would keep him until I knew I couldn't retain him.

vCash
    According to Jason Churchill, the M's/Dodgers trade is close to getting done. I, however, doubt it.
    Also Matt Carpenter is going to start some where.

vCash
    Churchill doesn't know anything. He has never broken a story, and the Mariners don't leak anything. No one saw the Morales trade coming, or the Montero trade last year

vCash
    To be clear about the Ethier tweet from Monday, I said there were indications it's Ethier. Didn't say that is definitely was. (ctd)...
    Churchill

vCash
    Haha what a *****.

He said indications, then went on to say 4 player from Seattle, two from LA, etc. just trying to cover his tracks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    I wouldn't want to give up any more. I just don't think any one player is worth that much. I know they don't want to or have to trade him so he won't be cheap, but still.
    If i were Seattle I'd be willing to give up Hultzen and Walker to get Stanton. It's a lot but I think that would get it done and I see Hultzen as more of a 3/2 than an ace anyway. Stanton's are fewer and far between for sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    If i were Seattle I'd be willing to give up Hultzen and Walker to get Stanton. It's a lot but I think that would get it done and I see Hultzen as more of a 3/2 than an ace anyway. Stanton's are fewer and far between for sure.
    If you're talking about the M's front office.. It's pretty certain that Jack Z is well aware that it will take a helluva lot of commitment to acquire Giancarlo Stanton from the Marlins.. but, if you're speaking about the M's fans, they're teal green Koolaid drinkers & of the opinion that two B prospects and a WHOLE box of David Sunflower Seeds should be enough..

It's a crazy world when prospects are valued more highly than bona fide ML stars like Giancarlo, but, it's what is happening..

BTW.. imho, the M's should make a trade, but, only if it excludes all but ONE their top five prospects.. In this Giancarlo trade suggestion, that will not be the case. So no trade for Giancarlo is or should be possible.. I doubt the same situation exists with a Mariners attempt to acquire a player like Justin Upton... The Mariners have Nick Franklin and Stefen Romero as potential position players with SP candidates not named Taijuan or Danny that should be of significant interest to the Dbax..

If the M's aren't going to make a trade, then they'll need to pony up for a guy like Michael Bourne, who, imo, could be a disaster...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GeronimoSon View Post
    If you're talking about the M's front office.. It's pretty certain that Jack Z is well aware that it will take a helluva lot of commitment to acquire Giancarlo Stanton from the Marlins.. but, if you're speaking about the M's fans, they're teal green Koolaid drinkers & of the opinion that two B prospects and a WHOLE box of David Sunflower Seeds should be enough..

It's a crazy world when prospects are valued more highly than bona fide ML stars like Giancarlo, but, it's what is happening..

BTW.. imho, the M's should make a trade, but, only if it excludes all but ONE their top five prospects.. In this Giancarlo trade suggestion, that will not be the case. So no trade for Giancarlo is or should be possible.. I doubt the same situation exists with a Mariners attempt to acquire a player like Justin Upton... The Mariners have Nick Franklin and Stefen Romero as potential position players with SP candidates not named Taijuan or Danny that should be of significant interest to the Dbax..

If the M's aren't going to make a trade, then they'll need to pony up for a guy like Michael Bourne, who, imo, could be a disaster...
    LOL Ok. Where do you get that from? Cause you came in and made a stupid proposal and we disagreed?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    We cant give up the future of our rotation for one player. That would be stupid. If they want more than Walker, Seager, Paxton, Franklin and a C spec or two, then they arent really listening at all.

vCash
    LAD fan in the Ms forum says all Ethier is worth is Smoak and Mike Wilson (career minor leaguer), even if they eat $50M of his contract. I dont think there is any way they trade him for that. They are paying over half his contract and getting a pile of junk back.

vCash
    We cant give up the future of our rotation for one player. That would be stupid. If they want more than Walker, Seager, Paxton, Franklin and a C spec or two, then they arent really listening at all.
    I don't think Hultzen will be a franchise player. His stock is on the decline. Walker is great, but Stanton is pretty amazing. If you subbed in Hultzen for Paxton in that other proposal I'd say it would be fair. Paxton likely could be a solid #3 for you. The chances of both Walker and Hultzen reaching their ceilings is very low, and you know that Stanton will be one of the faces of the MLB for the next decade already. (Sidenote: Maybe you could switch Franklin with Miller too)

vCash
    Why is his stock dropping? Im pretty sure he is higher on most Top 100 lists than he was last year...

Why do you think its more likely that Paxton turns out than Hultzen? Cause you cant say that the chances of both Tai and Hultzen turning out are low then not say the same about Paxton.

vCash
    Why is his stock dropping? Im pretty sure he is higher on most Top 100 lists than he was last year...

Why do you think its more likely that Paxton turns out than Hultzen? Cause you cant say that the chances of both Tai and Hultzen turning out are low then not say the same about Paxton.
    His BB rates are a concern. It's like like he's Teheran, but when a red flag raises for a player its a bad thing. Nobody has him pegged as a #1 like Walker may be. I'm not saying he isn't a great prospect, but the Mariners likely will hav another Hultzen type spec in the next 5 years, and likely wont have a Stanton anytime soon at all.

Btw I never said Walker was bad, hes in my top 5 pitching specs. But being realistic he's the big ticket you have to give up to ge Stanton.

Also based on what Selig said, there will have to be a couple MLB ready players in the trade. Maybe Smoak and Ackley. That would make it a different trade completely, but I think if Stanton goes there will be young MLB players involved as well.
    Last edited by Nomar; 01-02-2013 at 08:40 PM.

Page 57 of 66 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast