Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 56 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Jeffy or any Cardinals fan. Do you think Matt Adams would be availabe? If so what do you think the asking price would be? I am just curious because I see him as a very nice fit with us in Toronto.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
    Jeffy or any Cardinals fan. Do you think Matt Adams would be availabe? If so what do you think the asking price would be? I am just curious because I see him as a very nice fit with us in Toronto.
    Depends what you have to offer! He probably is available but We need a SS

NFL DPOY!
    Robert Quinn
    Sack Total: 18 Forced Fumbles: 7 Touchdowns: 1

vCash
    Mariners for Nick Franklin and so on?

vCash
    1) Where would they put him? They already have about 5 1B/DH types.
    2) It wouldn't be for Franklin and so on. If anything they would have to kick something back.

But like I said, there's no room for him anyway.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    He has started to develop a lot more power, and he def has 15 home run power, and with full time play would likely hit 20 in a season.

He had a .169 ISO last season.

Basically the same as Rickie Weeks, Moustakas, Hunter Pence, Justin Morneau, Carlos Santana.

He is basically right at 15-20 home run power if he was a full time player.

I believe if Carpenter were given 600 PA, he would hit .285/.355/.450 with 15 home runs.

That's rather productive as long as he isn't a first basemen.
    If those guys had higher batting averages then their ISO's would be a lot higher, but overall point taken. You're the guy watching him every day so I'll take your word for it.

If Carpenter manages to be an average defensive 2B with a .285/.355/.450 line, he'll probably be a bit better than Wong. I think Wong looks like a .730 OPS type of guy. At the same time his defense is strong and he has better baserunning abilities so it would be close. Also when you take into account Wong's age and years of control it likely makes more sense to go with him.

vCash
    Terrible trade proposals are so annoying.

Shailene Woodley

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    If those guys had higher batting averages then their ISO's would be a lot higher, but overall point taken. You're the guy watching him every day so I'll take your word for it.

If Carpenter manages to be an average defensive 2B with a .285/.355/.450 line, he'll probably be a bit better than Wong. I think Wong looks like a .730 OPS type of guy. At the same time his defense is strong and he has better baserunning abilities so it would be close. Also when you take into account Wong's age and years of control it likely makes more sense to go with him.
    Cards fans are so excited about Wong. I'm not as infatuated. He seems like a doubles machine that will be fine defensively at the position. A good bet to be an average big leaguer. But I don't see much upside, so I've never been that in love.

I doubt Carpenter will ever be average defensively at second, I think at his very very best, he could be as good as Neil Walker defensively, and could be a tiny bit better than Walker. I think Walker is his best comp, but Carpenter might have a small edge offensively and probably be worse defensively.

I dunno, I'm just a big Matt Carpenter fan. I hope he can play second base. I would hate to have his bat sitting on the bench when it's a very productive bat. He also takes a ton of pitches and has just really good at bats.

I'm sure Wong will be the answer as of 2014 and beyond. The intent for Carpenter at second is two-fold. If he can do it, then you could either trade him after Wong settles in. And what do you do if Wong busts? And it's mainly to get Carpenter a few more PA's in 2013. If he can be at least bad (but not horrible) at second then you have to think he will get PA's over Descalso.

vCash
    Either to Mariners still could happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
    Apparently they plan to put him on the bench this year and let him platoon with Craig some, and let Craig spell days off for Holliday and Beltran in left and right, and on those days Adams would start.

They seem like they plan to give him 200-250 PA's.

We need a shortstop, so any shortstop prospect at any level is the most likely asking price.

I like Adams, he is a 120 OPS+ caliber first basemen with 6 years of control. He has value, but he can't play anywhere but first and DH. I don't know who we would want from Toronto, but you have to assume the only thing Moz is asking for are shortstops in trades.

vCash
    Could, but probably won't. They don't want to move him, and they are smart to not trade him. He has more value to them as a contender than he does on the trade market as a guy who is bad defensively and can't touch righties. Plus they would have to eat a lot of his contract.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mgsports View Post
    Either to Mariners still could happen.
    Did you read that somewhere?

Shailene Woodley

vCash
    Something like this has been thrown around in the Ms forum a lot:

Miami gets:
    Taijuan walker
    Nick Franklin
    James Paxton
    Kyle Seager/Stefen Romero

Seattle Gets:
    Giancarlo Stanton
    Greg Dobbs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    Did you read that somewhere?
    The Mariners have called the Dodgers repeatedly to ask about potential trades involving Andre Ethier, Olney reports. The Dodgers intend to hold onto Ethier, but would listen to offers on him. The Mariners haven't presented Los Angeles with a formal proposal, according to Olney.
    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/seattl...c0dYBds5oIc.99
    Doesn't mean it could still happen tho.

vCash
    Oh ok thanks.

Shailene Woodley

vCash
    Sounds very unlikely tho. Which I fine with me.

Page 56 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast