Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 54 of 66 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    vCash
    It's going to have to be a team like the Nationals/Mariners that have a insanely deep farm system. I believe the Marlins have him making dirt money for another 3 years so your going to have to enjoy being raped to get him. Like a Taijuan Walker, Jesus Montero, James Paxton and a couple other prospects.

I do not believe the marlins would take any player with 3 or more years experience in the bigs for salary reasons.

Also I see zero chance of the Marlins trading him.

vCash
    BJ's need to trade the rest of their prospects for him.

vCash
    Insert my team _______ will get Stanton for 3 B rated prospects and a backup catcher.

vCash
    Rangers, Nationals, Cards and Mariners are probably the teams that have the assests to get it done now, as well as it make sense for them (not in a full re-build like the Mets).
    Last edited by torontosports10; 12-30-2012 at 01:13 PM.
    "If beer has never touched your lips, if you never dropped the mitts or packed a lip, you are not a hockey player, and if you are, chances are your not a very good one"

Toddy Bertuzzi

vCash
    No way they trade him in division to the Nats, unless it's a ridiculous package with Harper in it or something.
    Finally,
    A Sig With Class.

vCash
    Taveras is better regardless of the position.

Plus giving up a back end starter/reliever (Kelly), a #3/4 type (Garcia or Westbrook), a #3/2 starter (Lynn), a 1B with a lot of potential who was a fairly highly rated spec (Adams) and a great bench bat/potential starter (?) in Carpenter.

Awful deal for the Cards. Take out Jaime/Westbrook and Taveras and maybe.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mervinout View Post
    It's going to have to be a team like the Nationals/Mariners that have a insanely deep farm system. I believe the Marlins have him making dirt money for another 3 years so your going to have to enjoy being raped to get him. Like a Taijuan Walker, Jesus Montero, James Paxton and a couple other prospects.

I do not believe the marlins would take any player with 3 or more years experience in the bigs for salary reasons.

Also I see zero chance of the Marlins trading him.
    What would they do with Montero? There is no DH.

If they want Walker, Montero, Paxton + 2 more specs, then they may as well not even listen. No one player is worth that much.

Id do Walker, Franklin and Paxton/Maurer and that's about it. Maybe Romero in there as well if they toss something small back. But that wouldn't happen
    Last edited by jej; 12-30-2012 at 01:08 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    What would they do with Montero? There is no DH.

If they want Walker, Montero, Paxton + 2 more specs, then they may as well not even listen. No one player is worth that much.

Id do Walker, Franklin and Paxton/Maurer and that's about it. Maybe Romero in there as well if they toss something small back. But that wouldn't happen
    Walker,Montero,Paxton and a lower legal spec is what I would demand.

I forgot the Cards earlier as well, they have the assets to get Stanton as well
    "If beer has never touched your lips, if you never dropped the mitts or packed a lip, you are not a hockey player, and if you are, chances are your not a very good one"

Toddy Bertuzzi

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mark1125 View Post
    Insert my team _______ will get Stanton for 3 B rated prospects and a backup catcher.
    I know Stanton is far fetched at this point, but I do think there are teams out there with the farm to get it done. People will always make lowball offers on here because they are under educated on their own farms. As for Texas making an offer, here is what I come up with...

Jurickson Profar, Mike Olt, Martin Perez, Justin Grimm, and Engle Beltre

If Texas were willing to offer that, which I think they should be, then I don't see many teams topping that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by willyssox View Post
    I know this thread was started quite a while ago but...
    This is what I would like to see the Red Sox do to finish out their winter...

Trade Salty(C) to Chic.WS for A.Rios(RF)
    Trade Bailey,Aceves,Nava for Detroit's Porcello(SP) or Smyly(SP)
    Trade Lester & Ellsbury+, to Seattle for E.Ramirez(SP) and possibly J.Smoak(1st base) if we dont get either Jones or Sanchez in the Hanrahan trade.

That would give the Sox 2 young pitchers, a power hitting RF, a backup 1stbasemen/OF ( assuming Napoli signs), on top of the Closer we're about to acquire.
    Starting rotation: 1.Buchholz, 2.Ramirez, 3.Doubront, 4.Dempster, 5.Porcello/Smyly, 6.Lackey(trade bait once healthy).
    Lineup: 1.Victorino, 2.Pedroia, 3.Ortiz, 4.Rios, 5.Middlebrooks, 6.Napoli/, 7.Gomes, 8.Ross(C), 9.Drew
    This made me laugh out loud. What a terrible trade for the White Sox. Why on earth would the White Sox do this deal?

vCash
    The White Sox and Red Sox don't match up very well in a trade.

vCash
    Hey Jeffy, do you think the White Sox and Cards could match up in a deal for Matt Carpenter?
    Last edited by sager729; 12-30-2012 at 01:53 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by torontosports10 View Post
    Walker,Montero,Paxton and a lower legal spec is what I would demand.

I forgot the Cards earlier as well, they have the assets to get Stanton as well
    Wouldn't do it. And anyway, where would Montero play?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Wouldn't do it. And anyway, where would Montero play?
    It's not like Mike Piazza was a great catcher.

vCash
    You can't say that no one would give that much value for one player. Stanton can't even go to arbitration for 2 more years I believe. The amount of time he has left till FA adds extra value, when you add in .290 hitter and 40 bombs.

Page 54 of 66 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast