Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 66 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Why wouldn't you want to keep him?

vCash
    Tigers need to give up on Porcello and trade him to the Cubs. The jump in infield defense will help him out significantly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by roylikeswaffles View Post
    Everyone but Starlin Castro is trade bait if they bring back something that helps the now and/or later significantly.

vCash
    Just want to see how fans of other teams value him... and he's not really young. Sell high.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OldStyleCubbies View Post
    Just want to see how fans of other teams value him... and he's not really young. Sell high.
    He still has 3 more years under team control, and he's only 27. If anything, I'd expect him to be better in the coming years, so his value isn't as high as it can be IMO.

vCash
    He still has 3 more years under team control, and he's only 27. If anything, I'd expect him to be better in the coming years, so his value isn't as high as it can be IMO.
    Exactly the pitch the Cubs would use to land a package like Perez/Olt/Martin from the Rangers, who's most consistent starter on their WS teams was a reliever turned power arm starter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Exactly the pitch the Cubs would use to land a package like Perez/Olt/Martin from the Rangers, who's most consistent starter on their WS teams was a reliever turned power arm starter.
    lol. Samardzija is good, but there's no way in hell he would net that kind of return.

vCash
    Never post again

vCash
    I know those are amazing, infallible prospects from the best system in the game. So now we have an idea of what the board thinks is too much. Next step...I would be fine with Perez and Olt. Im going to guess a chorus of too much is next. Maybe the Cubs can eek out Rougned Odor in a one for one, amirite?

vCash
    No way in hell you are getting a Perez or Olt level prospect for Shark.

You are over-rating your organization and their players again.

Those are both top 50 prospects, and you are asking for one of, if not more than that for a guy who has posted one good season as a starter at Wandy Rodriguez's level? Shark has a couple years of control left, which is great and all. But you are on another planet if you think you can get a top 50 prospect for what is at this point, a one season performer.

The ONLY comp I can find of similar values would be the Shaun Marcum/Brett Lawrie trade where something like this actually happened. And everyone said that was a gross overpayment when it happened, and it was, and Jon Daniels isn't an idiot and Marcum had twice as many innings in his big league career under his belt at least.

Reality is that at this point, Shark appears to be a slightly above league average starter. That has value, but it's not nearly enough to pry away a top 50 prospect from a team that can find that same starter on the market relatively easily.

Btw, Marcum's 2010 > Sharks 2012 if you even want to go down that road, and Milwaukee was desperate for another starter (unlike Texas) and again, Marcum had twice the innings and similar service time.
    Last edited by Jeffy25; 11-01-2012 at 08:41 AM.

vCash
    Tigers need to give up on Porcello and trade him to the Cubs. The jump in infield defense will help him out significantly.
    I would rather keep Porcello and improve the defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    I would rather keep Porcello and improve the defense.
    Nah. Trade Porcello for Garza. Then if Garza leaves in FA was can get a draft pick out of it.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    You are over-rating your organization and their players again.
    Yeah but the LH sporting an almost 1:1 K:BB with a K rate <5 per 9 in AAA is flawless, as is the 24 year old 3B with little AAA action, much Ks, worries about his hit tool, and no starting spot open are valued peeeerfectly fine.

Cost controlled power pitching is cheap!

Samardzija put up 3.3 fWAR, 3.55 FIP/3.38 xFIP, a K per inning, less than 3 BBs per 9, and all this in his first season as a starter. Those are not slightly above average numbers.

Also, ShaunMarcum is completely irrelevant and Brett Lawrie was and is a significantly better prospect than both of those guys. As usual, you find a way to undersell what the Cubs have (despite your hopes that they become great through waiting!) and overrate the crap out of prospects.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 11-01-2012 at 12:02 PM.

vCash
    A decent starter isn't worth two top 50 specs. Being top 50 means most people think they has a change to be much better than average.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Nah. Trade Porcello for Garza. Then if Garza leaves in FA was can get a draft pick out of it.
    The D needs to be improved anyways. And selling on Porcello would be selling low where selling Scherzer would be selling high on an inconsistent pitcher with troublesome mechanics that rarely pitches late into games.

Page 5 of 66 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast