Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 49 of 66 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VRP723 View Post
    7th best hitter in baseball vs RHP over the past two seasons. I'd very much like to keep him please.
    Definitely.

He is a great hitter to have in your lineup. But a platoon partner to face lefties would be wise. It doesn't mean you guys should dump him. He just shouldn't face lefties as much as he does.

vCash
    I want to keep him thank you very much

vCash
    Contract is RIDICULOUS for a platoon OF, don't care how well he hits RHP.

vCash
    I would like the Red Sox Trade Rubby De La Rossa, Bryce Brentz, Daniel Bard, Joes Iglesias, and Brandon Workman to the D-Backs for Justin Upton

Oh how I wish
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post
    I would like the Red Sox Trade Rubby De La Rossa, Bryce Brentz, Daniel Bard, Joes Iglesias, and Brandon Workman to the D-Backs for Justin Upton

Oh how I wish
    Wow, that is way too much to give up for Upton, sorry. Brentz should be our corner outfielder of the future and Rubby will either be a solid reliever or a decent starter in the near future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Post trade ideas that you think could happen this off-season.

I could see the Cardinals trading Matt Adams away.
    I know this thread was started quite a while ago but...
    This is what I would like to see the Red Sox do to finish out their winter...

Trade Salty(C) to Chic.WS for A.Rios(RF)
    Trade Bailey,Aceves,Nava for Detroit's Porcello(SP) or Smyly(SP)
    Trade Lester & Ellsbury+, to Seattle for E.Ramirez(SP) and possibly J.Smoak(1st base) if we dont get either Jones or Sanchez in the Hanrahan trade.

That would give the Sox 2 young pitchers, a power hitting RF, a backup 1stbasemen/OF ( assuming Napoli signs), on top of the Closer we're about to acquire.
    Starting rotation: 1.Buchholz, 2.Ramirez, 3.Doubront, 4.Dempster, 5.Porcello/Smyly, 6.Lackey(trade bait once healthy).
    Lineup: 1.Victorino, 2.Pedroia, 3.Ortiz, 4.Rios, 5.Middlebrooks, 6.Napoli/, 7.Gomes, 8.Ross(C), 9.Drew

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by keymax View Post
    No, you aren't allowed to keep anybody who makes more than the minimum.

PSD baseball economics 101.

btw. I'd love to have him as a LH presence in our lineup. But they would have to trade Rios first.
    Personaly Im hoping the Red Sox trade Salty(C) to the Pale hose for Rios. That would allow them to then trade Ellsbury (finally)since Victorino can play center.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by willyssox View Post

Trade Lester & Ellsbury+, to Seattle for E.Ramirez(SP) and possibly J.Smoak(1st base) if we dont get either Jones or Sanchez in the Hanrahan trade.

That would give the Sox 2 young pitchers, a power hitting RF, a backup 1stbasemen/OF ( assuming Napoli signs), on top of the Closer we're about to acquire.
    Starting rotation: 1.Buchholz, 2.Ramirez, 3.Doubront, 4.Dempster, 5.Porcello/Smyly, 6.Lackey(trade bait once healthy).
    Lineup: 1.Victorino, 2.Pedroia, 3.Ortiz, 4.Rios, 5.Middlebrooks, 6.Napoli/, 7.Gomes, 8.Ross(C), 9.Drew
    Lester and Ellsbury for Erasmo and Smoak? Yes please.

I don't think any of the trades you say would go down. Especially Salty for Rios.

And Erasmo wouldn't be your #2, Dempster would. Im actually not sure you know who Erasmo is. He is a #4 type right now.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Wow, that is way too much to give up for Upton, sorry. Brentz should be our corner outfielder of the future and Rubby will either be a solid reliever or a decent starter in the near future.
    It's really not. They don't have to move him, ad if they do it won't be for them. They want a legit SS or top top specs, not a few solid ones.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Lester and Ellsbury for Erasmo and Smoak? Yes please.

I don't think any of the trades you say would go down. Especially Salty for Rios.

And Erasmo wouldn't be your #2, Dempster would. Im actually not sure you know who Erasmo is. He is a #4 type right now.
    Now way in hell Dempster would be a #2, have you seen his AL numbers from last year? And I didnt put the pitchers in any particular order really. If it were up to me they wouldnt have signed Dempster, I wanted Lohse and Marcum.

vCash
    It's really not. They don't have to move him, ad if they do it won't be for them. They want a legit SS or top top specs, not a few solid ones.
    Well they have to trade someone, this isnt softball, you can only play 3 outfielders at a time. You undervalue some of the Sox players and overvalue Upton.

vCash

I can see the Rios for Salty one maybe, but I can't see the other two, they don't make very much sense for the Red Sox.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    I can see the Rios for Salty one maybe, but I can't see the other two, they don't make very much sense for the Red Sox.
    How would they not make sense? We dont need or want Ellsbury and Bailey, and Lester cant be counted on. The Sox also need more Starting pitchers for this year as there are no prospects ready until next year or after.

vCash
    Because you are getting a bust 1B and a current #4-5 pitcher for two former all stars, both with the potential to be again.

Upton is going to cost a ton. Whether he is worth it or not, they don't need to trade him, so it's gonna take a lot more than a reliever and OF spec to get him. They don't really need either of those either. OF is full, pen is solid.

vCash
    Because you are getting a bust 1B and a current #4-5 pitcher for two former all stars, both with the potential to be again.

Upton is going to cost a ton. Whether he is worth it or not, they don't need to trade him, so it's gonna take a lot more than a reliever and OF spec to get him. They don't really need either of those either. OF is full, pen is solid.
    Who is the "Bust" 1st basemen you speak of? And after 2 years, injuries & inconsistencies... you are willing to hang onto, hope & pray... that Lester and Ellsbury can be good players? OMG, Ben Cherrington is that you? IMO that would be stupid and not the way to re-build a ball club. Have you not read all the articles that say the Sox are doomed to be Mediocre? Im at least thinking of ways to improve them for Now and the future, that's more than I can say about Ben "slow moving/constipated" Cherrington, who fell asleep while Toronto, LAD, Tampa, Seattle... all improved.

Page 49 of 66 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast