Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 45 of 66 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 675 of 983
  1. #661
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    992
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    No. Where would he even play? Holliday's in left, Jay's in center, Beltran's in right.
    He would play in center obviously. Jay is nothing special and no reason a 40 homer guy wouldn't start.

    If Choo just netted Bauer, I don't see any reason Granderson couldn't net Miller.
    Lakers Off-Season Checklist:

    [X] Trade Bynum for D12
    [X] Get a PG(Nash!)
    [X]Re-sign Hill or sign Camby
    [ ]Sign Grant Hill---NOPE
    [X]Sign Jamison
    [X]Sign a Back-up Guard(Barbosa, Mayo, Meeks, etc.)
    [X]Re-sign Devin Ebanks
    [X]Re-sign Darius Morris


  2. #662
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    21,508
    vCash
    2500
    Quote Originally Posted by s3antana5757 View Post
    He would play in center obviously. Jay is nothing special and no reason a 40 homer guy wouldn't start.

    If Choo just netted Bauer, I don't see any reason Granderson couldn't net Miller.
    Jay is their lead off hitter and superior defensively. He plays good defense, is an abover average hitter and just came off a .373 OBP season. Hes special in his own right. Granderson does not make sense for the Cardinals. He is also not a true 40HR hitter. As a Yankee in Yankee Stadium he is, but if his home was almost anywhere else he would not hit 40 HRs. Also, it's not worth getting him in exchange for Taveras or Miller. Granderson will be a free agent while those young players have tons of potential and are controllable for far longer.
    Last edited by SFrush90; 12-14-2012 at 08:45 PM.

    Shailene Woodley

  3. #663
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    992
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    Jay is their lead off hitter and superior defensively. He plays good defense, is an abover average hitter and just came off a .373 OBP season. Hes special in his own right. Granderson does not make sense for the Cardinals. He is also not a true 40HR hitter. As a Yankee in Yankee Stadium he is, but if his home was almost anywhere else he would not hit 40 HRs. Also, it's not worth getting him in exchange for Taveras or Miller. Granderson will be a free agent while those young players have tons of potential and are controllable for far longer.
    Fair enough. That's a good answer.
    Lakers Off-Season Checklist:

    [X] Trade Bynum for D12
    [X] Get a PG(Nash!)
    [X]Re-sign Hill or sign Camby
    [ ]Sign Grant Hill---NOPE
    [X]Sign Jamison
    [X]Sign a Back-up Guard(Barbosa, Mayo, Meeks, etc.)
    [X]Re-sign Devin Ebanks
    [X]Re-sign Darius Morris


  4. #664
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ontario, CA
    Posts
    22
    vCash
    1500
    Well the dodgers need a 4th outfielder and need sum insurance incase bills does indeed need tommy John, so

    Dodgers receive:
    Parker
    Coco

    A's receive:
    Gorden
    Harang
    Ely
    Sellers
    We cover most of harangs salary.

  5. #665
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bothell
    Posts
    11,455
    vCash
    1500
    No way they trade Parker for that. He had a solid rookie season and should only get better. Why trade him and CoCo for 2 AAA players, and speed only guy, and an aging back end starter?
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.


  6. #666
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    21,508
    vCash
    2500
    Quote Originally Posted by Abedodgerfan1 View Post
    Well the dodgers need a 4th outfielder and need sum insurance incase bills does indeed need tommy John, so

    Dodgers receive:
    Parker
    Coco

    A's receive:
    Gorden
    Harang
    Ely
    Sellers
    We cover most of harangs salary.
    Parker is a stud who is cheap and under team control for several years. Why would the A's in exchange want a light hitting (being generous) SS who's bad defensively who they don't need, two average pitchers, and a scrub?

    Seriously people, think of what the opposing team needs and if they would want it before posting your trade ideas.

    Shailene Woodley

  7. #667
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    4,312
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Abedodgerfan1 View Post
    Well the dodgers need a 4th outfielder and need sum insurance incase bills does indeed need tommy John, so

    Dodgers receive:
    Parker
    Coco

    A's receive:
    Gorden
    Harang
    Ely
    Sellers
    We cover most of harangs salary.
    lol

  8. #668
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ontario, CA
    Posts
    22
    vCash
    1500
    The A's showed interest in Gorden earlier in the offseason, and they still have a hole at SS (unless they resign drew) it might not be an even trade cuz I must admit I'm bias but I really like Parker and coco would be a good 4th outfielder we have excess pitching, and there many pitching hungry teams out there that we can match up and get a deal done. Beane has shown that he's willing to trade young controllable pitchers (Gonzalez, Cahill) even if we include Lee it'll be worth it to have Parker in our rotation for years to come.

  9. #669
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    21,508
    vCash
    2500
    Quote Originally Posted by Abedodgerfan1 View Post
    The A's showed interest in Gorden earlier in the offseason, and they still have a hole at SS (unless they resign drew) it might not be an even trade cuz I must admit I'm bias but I really like Parker and coco would be a good 4th outfielder we have excess pitching, and there many pitching hungry teams out there that we can match up and get a deal done. Beane has shown that he's willing to trade young controllable pitchers (Gonzalez, Cahill) even if we include Lee it'll be worth it to have Parker in our rotation for years to come.
    They may need a SS, but they're not going to acquire Gordon to fill that hole by giving up Parker. Parker could draw a much better young SS. We've seen Beane trade away younger pitchers, but Parker just finished his rookie season and will be very cheap. Gio and Cahill were traded after their third seasons.

    Shailene Woodley

  10. #670
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    35,621
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by s3antana5757 View Post
    He would play in center obviously. Jay is nothing special and no reason a 40 homer guy wouldn't start.

    If Choo just netted Bauer, I don't see any reason Granderson couldn't net Miller.
    Granderson is a year away from free agency, and he isn't that great. He is a .800 OPS hitter who abuses the short porch in right. Outside of Yankee stadium, he is mildly above average as a hitter, and not much defensively in center.

    Jay is our centerfielder, and a decent one and better than Granderson (arguably)

    2012
    wRC+
    Granderson - 116
    Jay - 116

    DRS
    Granderson - -10
    Jay - 2

    In equal plate appearances, Jay is superior to Granderson.

    So why would we give up a top 10 prospect in baseball, for one year of an overpaid player who we already have on the roster, and would be the worst outfielder on our roster?

    And Miller is in our 2013 rotation, and Taveras will replace Beltran after 2013 (if not sooner).


    It makes literally no sense, whatsoever, for the Cardinals.

  11. #671
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    274
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Granderson is a year away from free agency, and he isn't that great. He is a .800 OPS hitter who abuses the short porch in right. Outside of Yankee stadium, he is mildly above average as a hitter, and not much defensively in center.

    Jay is our centerfielder, and a decent one and better than Granderson (arguably)

    2012
    wRC+
    Granderson - 116
    Jay - 116

    DRS
    Granderson - -10
    Jay - 2

    In equal plate appearances, Jay is superior to Granderson.

    So why would we give up a top 10 prospect in baseball, for one year of an overpaid player who we already have on the roster, and would be the worst outfielder on our roster?

    And Miller is in our 2013 rotation, and Taveras will replace Beltran after 2013 (if not sooner).


    It makes literally no sense, whatsoever, for the Cardinals.
    Jay is a solid OF and good hitter, but Granderson would probably be the best defensive OF on the team. He won't hit near .300 but with his d and 25 homer potential(outside of NY), he's still solid. Overall I'd probably take Granderson over Jay, Beltran and Holliday, granted Holliday would be tough call.

  12. #672
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    21,508
    vCash
    2500
    Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    Jay is a solid OF and good hitter, but Granderson would probably be the best defensive OF on the team. He won't hit near .300 but with his d and 25 homer potential(outside of NY), he's still solid. Overall I'd probably take Granderson over Jay, Beltran and Holliday, granted Holliday would be tough call.
    Granderson would not at all be the best defensive OF on the team. Jay would be easily. Holliday (the best OF of the four) and Beltran are all better than Granderson. Jay fits the Cardinals better since he's their lead off hitter and does a pretty damn good job of it while being a good defensive center fielder. Granderson's a good, above-average hitter, but should be a corner OF now for the remainder of his career.
    Last edited by SFrush90; 12-15-2012 at 12:31 PM.

    Shailene Woodley

  13. #673
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bothell
    Posts
    11,455
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    Jay is a solid OF and good hitter, but Granderson would probably be the best defensive OF on the team. He won't hit near .300 but with his d and 25 homer potential(outside of NY), he's still solid. Overall I'd probably take Granderson over Jay, Beltran and Holliday, granted Holliday would be tough call.
    First thats not true.

    But even if it was, why make a marginal upgrade by giving up tops specs? Doesnt make any sense. Taveres will be better than Grandy in the future, and for more than one year.

    Miller isnt as good as Cards fans seem to think, but still not a good trade.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.


  14. #674
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    4,312
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Abedodgerfan1 View Post
    The A's showed interest in Gorden earlier in the offseason, and they still have a hole at SS (unless they resign drew) it might not be an even trade cuz I must admit I'm bias but I really like Parker and coco would be a good 4th outfielder we have excess pitching, and there many pitching hungry teams out there that we can match up and get a deal done. Beane has shown that he's willing to trade young controllable pitchers (Gonzalez, Cahill) even if we include Lee it'll be worth it to have Parker in our rotation for years to come.
    Gordon=Really Bad
    Ely=Bad
    Harang=Old and BOR starter
    Sellers=Utility player and bad

    How does that equal Parker and Crisp again?

  15. #675
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    274
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    Granderson would not at all be the best defensive OF on the team. Jay would be easily. Holliday (the best OF of the four) and Beltran are all better than Granderson. Jay fits the Cardinals better since he's their lead off hitter and does a pretty damn good job of it while being a good defensive center fielder. Granderson's a good, above-average hitter, but should be a corner OF now for the remainder of his career.
    Yes he would, Granderson patrols the OF better than most. I'm not saying Granderson is better for them than Jay, he's not, you're right. I was just stating his defense ability. Which is better than Beltran, Holliday and Jay. Jay is the closest one, and it's close, but still think Granderson's better.

    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    First thats not true.

    But even if it was, why make a marginal upgrade by giving up tops specs? Doesnt make any sense. Taveres will be better than Grandy in the future, and for more than one year.

    Miller isnt as good as Cards fans seem to think, but still not a good trade.
    I didn't say to trade him for 2 prospects, I just simply said his defense is better than the 3 STL has now. And that is true. Holliday isn't as good, neither is Beltran and Jay could have an argument of being equal and that's close to say, but not better than Granderson is.

Page 45 of 66 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •