Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 40 of 66 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Texas Rangers Receive:

RA Dickey RHP
    Josh Thole, C

Texas acquires the front of the rotation arm they missed out on in Greinke
    Texas brings in a second catcher who can catch Dickey and platoon with Soto.

New York Mets

Mike Olt, 3B/OF
    Justin Grimm, RHP
    Jorge Alfaro, C

Right Handed hitting OF they desperately lack
    Right handed arm who can contribute to the big league rotation.
    19 year old catcher to a farm system that lacks a Catching prospect.

Seems fair to me.

vCash
    I think AJ Pierzynski ends up with the Yankees...

He makes sense as a stop gap and to help Romine get his feet wet.

I still think the Yankees are players for Hamilton just based on the Gene Michael philosophy of left handed hitters that hit for power that Cashman follows.

I don't think the Yankees purge this much payroll and don't make a significant move or two.

I'll buy it when i see it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekJeterDan View Post
    Texas Rangers Receive:

RA Dickey RHP
    Josh Thole, C

Texas acquires the front of the rotation arm they missed out on in Greinke
    Texas brings in a second catcher who can catch Dickey and platoon with Soto.

New York Mets

Mike Olt, 3B/OF
    Justin Grimm, RHP
    Jorge Alfaro, C

Right Handed hitting OF they desperately lack
    Right handed arm who can contribute to the big league rotation.
    19 year old catcher to a farm system that lacks a Catching prospect.

Seems fair to me.
    Alfaro is an interesting spec, i like Olt's bat (although i am not convinced completely convinced on his OF prowess) and Grimm could be a solid pen arm for us right away but i don't see it happening.

Thole's only attractiveness to Texas is his experience with Dickey like you mentioned. Other than that, his strong suits offensively wouldn't fit in Texas.

He is predominantly a ground ball hitter (57.7% of his balls in play were grounders last year).

The Mets certainly have better leverage now that Greinke signed with the Dodgers.

The better question is how much?
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-09-2012 at 04:25 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post

The Mets certainly have better leverage now that Greinke signed with the Dodgers.

The better question is how much?
    Agreed. I know the market will for Dickey improve with Grienke off the board, but James Shields is also in play, so the how much does it improve question is a really good one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekJeterDan View Post
    Agreed. I know the market will for Dickey improve with Grienke off the board, but James Shields is also in play, so the how much does it improve question is a really good one.
    Well as long as Shields goes to the Royals or Texas i am happy.

We then can proposition the team between the two that loses out on Shields.

I really hope to deal with Texas but the Royals are no consolation prize.

Guys like Odorizzi and Starling because Myers looks out of the question for Dickey and understandably so.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-09-2012 at 02:47 AM.

vCash
    I feel like if mets were getting decent offers on dickey that he would have moved by now.

In the end, they just need to extend him. 2/25 would be fair to him, and would be fine for the mets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    I feel like if mets were getting decent offers on dickey that he would have moved by now.

In the end, they just need to extend him. 2/25 would be fair to him, and would be fine for the mets.
    I don't know what the Mets specific direction with Dickey is.

If they are holding out for a king's ransom they are not going to get it, it's not like the Wheeler for Beltran deal some Met fans keep pointing to it possibly being like either.

We are just so in need of positional players in the OF and at the catcher's spot that i think they are going to hold out as long as they can with Dickey as possible trade bait.

Them seeing what happens now that Greinke is off the market and a possible Shields deal is still up in the air.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-09-2012 at 04:59 AM.

vCash
    Arenciba and gose for dickey?

But the jays probably wouldn't. They would probably only offer arenciba, no hose

There really isn't any good trade that both sides will likely see as fair. The mets want a top spec for him, and nobody wants to give that up for a 38 year old trick ball pitcher (that's how he is mostly viewed).

Both sides are right. For the mets to justify moving him, they need a nice reward. The issue is that nobody will want to give that up for one year of an aging pitcher who is difficult to evaluate and might not re-sign.

vCash

But the jays probably wouldn't. They would probably only offer arenciba, no hose

There really isn't any good trade that both sides will likely see as fair. The mets want a top spec for him, and nobody wants to give that up for a 38 year old trick ball pitcher (that's how he is mostly viewed).

Both sides are right. For the mets to justify moving him, they need a nice reward. The issue is that nobody will want to give that up for one year of an aging pitcher who is difficult to evaluate and might not re-sign.
    That's fair...

I still think Dickey wants 2yrs/30 million (there are reports of 3yrs/45 million but Ed Coleman and people around the Mets say 2 years would get it done).

But there are some people who get the impression the Mets don't want to give it to him because they are afraid of how well he will hold up again next year (and 2014)

That's a giant misconception imo, that to me is a negotiating ploy juxtaposed around the fact that the Mets may still have significant financial issues from at least the Wilpon's side of things.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-09-2012 at 05:16 AM.

vCash

I thought Rasmus and Arencibia would be fair value for Dickey, but regardless if that's fair or not it seems unlikely that the Mets would be interested. Even though it would fill their needs for a major league ready outfielder and catcher. I just can't see anyone giving a top 20-30 prospect for 1 year of R.A. Dickey.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    That's fair...

I still think Dickey wants 2yrs/30 million and i think some people get the impression the Mets dont want to give it to him because they are afraid of how well he will hold up again next year.

I think that's a giant misconception, that to me is a negotiating ploy juxtaposed around the fact that the Mets may still have significant financial issues from at least the Wilpon's side of things.
    I agree with you. I think the Mets just don't want to pay for anyone they don't absolutely have to. If they had traded both Wright and Dickey, they'd look somewhat like the Marlins. By locking up Wright, I think they feel they can get away with moving Dickey without appearing cheap. I still think he gets moved before the season begins.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mtf View Post
    I thought Rasmus and Arencibia would be fair value for Dickey, but regardless if that's fair or not it seems unlikely that the Mets would be interested. Even though it would fill their needs for a major league ready outfielder and catcher. I just can't see anyone giving a top 20-30 prospect for 1 year of R.A. Dickey.
    Ya know, Rasmus is a decent counter. Didn't think of him.

Arenciba and Rasmus for dickey? Doubt the mets would say yes, unless they became positive they couldn't re-sign him. I don't know that they get many offers better. I wonder what mets and jays fans would think of this.

vCash
    Ya know, Rasmus is a decent counter. Didn't think of him.

Arenciba and Rasmus for dickey? Doubt the mets would say yes, unless they became positive they couldn't re-sign him. I don't know that they get many offers better. I wonder what mets and jays fans would think of this.
    Admittedly, I'm looking at this from a Jays perspective but I think this would be a win-win.

The Mets aren't getting D'Arnaud, Gose, Profar, Olt, Myers or any of the other top 30 type prospects that they seem to want. If they want to move Dickey (and I believe they'd prefer to move him than resign him) and can come back to reality, then this Rasmus/Arencibia offer seems to be fair market value and fills the positional needs they want.

From a Jays perspective, it free's up spots on the roster to transition Gose and D'Arnaud into over the next year, and they Jays can fill the void in CF/C with Rajai Davis and John Buck respectively until such a time when the prospects can take over full time.

vCash
    Admittedly, I'm looking at this from a Jays perspective but I think this would be a win-win.

The Mets aren't getting D'Arnaud, Gose, Profar, Olt, Myers or any of the other top 30 type prospects that they seem to want. If they want to move Dickey (and I believe they'd prefer to move him than resign him) and can come back to reality, then this Rasmus/Arencibia offer seems to be fair market value and fills the positional needs they want.

From a Jays perspective, it free's up spots on the roster to transition Gose and D'Arnaud into over the next year, and they Jays can fill the void in CF/C with Rajai Davis and John Buck respectively until such a time when the prospects can take over full time.
    And your 2013 rotation becomes legit. Would def look like a win for the jays.

The mets get two players with upside and controllable years at up the middle positions. But neither has the upside the mets are probably looking for.

If I'm the mets and this is the best offer I get. I probably work really hard to extend him.

vCash
    And your 2013 rotation becomes legit. Would def look like a win for the jays.

The mets get two players with upside and controllable years at up the middle positions. But neither has the upside the mets are probably looking for.
    I agree, I think the Mets are looking for more.

If I'm the mets and this is the best offer I get. I probably work really hard to extend him.
    I agree that's probably what would happen, if they were presented with such an offer from Anthopoulos, but I'm not sure that they should do that. Logically, Rasmus and Arencibia both have upside as you mentioned, although probably not all-star caliber. They fill the positional gaps the Mets have, which also happen to be premium positions.

I guess I'm repeating myself, but it feels like it'd be a good fit, even though it'd likely be rejected.

Page 40 of 66 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast