Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 55 of 66 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mervinout View Post
    It's not like Mike Piazza was a great catcher.
    Montero is far from "not a great catcher". He cant catch.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mervinout View Post
    You can't say that no one would give that much value for one player. Stanton can't even go to arbitration for 2 more years I believe. The amount of time he has left till FA adds extra value, when you add in .290 hitter and 40 bombs.
    Ok, they would be stupid to do so. How is that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Hey Jeffy, do you think the White Sox and Cards could match up in a deal for Matt Carpenter?
    He is going to be starting second baseman so no

NFL DPOY!
    Robert Quinn
    Sack Total: 18 Forced Fumbles: 7 Touchdowns: 1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by torontosports10 View Post
    Rangers, Nationals, Cards and Mariners are probably the teams that have the assests to get it done now, as well as it make sense for them (not in a full re-build like the Mets).
    We are pretty stacked in the outfield to trade for him with jay Beltran and holiday we can't even get taveras into the OF yet and I honestly would rather have Taveras I think he is gona be one of the best overall hitters when he comes up

NFL DPOY!
    Robert Quinn

vCash
    I could see you say not want to send a big package with Taveras in it for him, but you don't pass up the chance to get a Stanton for potential. Tavares could be great, Stanton already is.
    "If beer has never touched your lips, if you never dropped the mitts or packed a lip, you are not a hockey player, and if you are, chances are your not a very good one"

Toddy Bertuzzi

vCash
    Just cause he is great doesn't mean it makes sense to trade for him. You have to factor in the value you give up also. Giving up Taveres, Miller++++ to get Stanton when you already have a solid outfield with a top prospect almost there doesn't make sense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Hey Jeffy, do you think the White Sox and Cards could match up in a deal for Matt Carpenter?
    I personally really like Carpenter, so I personally wouldn't trade him. I want to trade guys like Matt Adams, Tyrell Jenkins, etc instead.

Are you asking as a third basemen?

The plan this off-season is for Carpenter to play second base in 2013 and learn the position (he is Neil Walker's size, and likely too big, but if he can it would be ideal).

If he can't play second, then he is a much more likely trade candidate. The only thing the Cardinals want in a trade for someone with 5 years of control at this point though would be a long term option at shortstop (or short term 2013-2015).

Carpenter in 2013 should get innings at 2B, 3B, LF, RF, and 1B. If he can't play second, then he might become more expendable.

He is a lot more valuable than his name represents though. Good player to have on your team, I'm a pretty big fan of his, so I might not be the best person to ask.

vCash
    Carpenter is terrible at every position defensively besides 3B, but he gets on base well. If he had 20 HR power he'd be very valuable. If hes a good second baseman I think the Cardinals would look to trade Wong or maybe Carpenter depending on what they could get in return for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    Carpenter is terrible at every position defensively besides 3B, but he gets on base well. If he had 20 HR power he'd be very valuable. If hes a good second baseman I think the Cardinals would look to trade Wong or maybe Carpenter depending on what they could get in return for him.
    In moving Carpenter to 2B, the Cardinals are delaying the entry of Kolten Wong to the Major Leagues while improving Carpenter's value as what he really is, a utility player... Carpenter is a decent 3B defender with ability to play several other positions pretty well, not great.. He'd be a lot like Allen Craig, Lite, as in, light weight, lacking the dynamic bat or defensive prowess. Carpenter is the kind of player that is always MORE valuable to the team that has him than the team that would directly or indirectly trade for him.. Good player, not great.. offers no particular weapon... W/R to Kolten Wong.. uh.. not gonna happen..

Wong won't get traded... zero chance.. This kid is a dynamic doubles machine. He's as disciplined as there is and will surpass ever the St Louis Cardinals lofty projections.. It would not be right to trade Wong..

okay.. it was corny.. I know..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by willyssox View Post
    Ellsbury 2012- 74G, 4 HR, 26RBI, .271AVG, .313OBP, .682 OPS. Ya those are great numbers, not. In all of baseball that puts Ells at #39 for games, #28 for HR's, #29 for RBI's, #26 for AVG, #35 for OBP, #39 for OPS. He isnt worth anything unless he goes back to being the player from 2011 and he had time after coming back from injury to prove he could be and didnt. And the fact the Sox havent netted a Bauer, a Myers, anything for him or anyone else shows that 1. Ben C is inept and 2. his players arent worth much.
    Man its people like you that give us true Sox fans a bad name. You have absolutely no clue about what your talking about. Think about what you say before you type it.

You want BC to give up Lester and Ellsbury for Smaok and some pjtcher who is projected to be a 3 pitcher. I wouldn't give Seattle one of them guys for that package.

vCash
    He has 20 home run power already.

If he is a utility player, he is one hell of a utility player.

But he probably won't be that good defensively at second.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post

Offensive numbers > decent defense

ill take offensive production from the second base postion and sacrifice a little bit of defense if that is the case Carp's bat is to dynamic not to have in the lineup as much as possible.

NFL DPOY!
    Robert Quinn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeDirt05 View Post
    Offensive numbers > decent defense

ill take offensive production from the second base postion and sacrifice a little bit of defense if that is the case Carp's bat is to dynamic not to have in the lineup as much as possible.
    He'll be sure handed. Just slow and not very mobile compared to other second basemen around the league. And he will need to work on turning double plays a lot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post

340 PA with 6 HRs is not 20 HR power. His minor league numbers dont show much hope there either and the next three years will probably be the best of his career so its likely now or never.

vCash
    340 PA with 6 HRs is not 20 HR power. His minor league numbers dont show much hope there either and the next three years will probably be the best of his career so its likely now or never.
    He has started to develop a lot more power, and he def has 15 home run power, and with full time play would likely hit 20 in a season.

He had a .169 ISO last season.

Basically the same as Rickie Weeks, Moustakas, Hunter Pence, Justin Morneau, Carlos Santana.

He is basically right at 15-20 home run power if he was a full time player.

I believe if Carpenter were given 600 PA, he would hit .285/.355/.450 with 15 home runs.

That's rather productive as long as he isn't a first basemen.

Page 55 of 66 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast