Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Justin Verlander wants to become MLB's first $200 million pitche

vCash
    kershaw will definitely hit that range...and most likely price

vCash
    Good to see he is staying humble in his success. Good luck Detroit fans.

vCash
    if hes setting the bar at that range...imagine harper and trout.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rockbottom2010 View Post
    kershaw will definitely hit that range...and most likely price
    Kershaw maybe. Price doesnt have a chance of getting 200 million out of Tampa so if thats what he wants they might as well look to trade him now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rockbottom2010 View Post
    if hes setting the bar at that range...imagine harper and trout.....
    You cant compare them. Positional players have an entirely different value than pitchers. Besides Harper and Trout have only had one good year so lets not put the cart before the horse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StryderSox View Post
    Kershaw maybe. Price doesnt have a chance of getting 200 million out of Tampa so if thats what he wants they might as well look to trade him now.
    hes going to get traded next off season...they already lost shields

vCash
    Man, I just don't understand athletes.

What the hell is the difference between 170 million and 200 million? I mean, what can you get with 200 million that you are unable to afford with 170? Why is getting that extra money so necessary when you don't need it? It's never made sense to me. If I was a top athlete I would take my original big payday and then sign a bunch of cheap affordable contracts on winning teams.
    2013 Adopt-A-Lion: Nick Fairley

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StryderSox View Post
    You cant compare them. Positional players have an entirely different value than pitchers. Besides Harper and Trout have only had one good year so lets not put the cart before the horse.
    remember.....trout is 21 and harper is only 20....they are setting the bar extremely high and taking it to new heights

vCash
    I dont see Kershaw coming out and saying this, watch Verlander have an okay year after this statement lol

LAKERS
    PACKERS
    DODGERS
    FC BARCELONA
    USC TROJANS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post

What the hell is the difference between 170 million and 200 million? I mean, what can you get with 200 million that you are unable to afford with 170? Why is getting that extra money so necessary when you don't need it? It's never made sense to me. If I was a top athlete I would take my original big payday and then sign a bunch of cheap affordable contracts on winning teams.

At the end of the day the MLB is a business and that is fine if you want to be the rare selfless athlete. Me I would ask for and try and get the moon....If I am the best pitcher in the game you will pay me like the best plus more or watch me walk because someone else will. Its not like there is a salary cap in baseball....At the end of the day this is no longer back yard baseball...Its a business and not treating it like one would be foolish.

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    I dont see Kershaw coming out and saying this, watch Verlander have an okay year after this statement lol
    Verlander is better IMO and he's never had a problem with his personality. I wouldn't read into this.

vCash
    if you wanted a pay day this big you shouldn't have signed that original extension, as it stands you will be a 31 year old, and no one is going to guarantee the years necessary to reach that level. I think he could probably sign a 2 year 60 million dollar contract, but he isn't going to reach 200, at this point only kershaw can do that, maybe latos when he hits free agency who knows.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    it wouldn't matter if he did because he would still have another year to improve his value.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    Verlander is better IMO and he's never had a problem with his personality. I wouldn't read into this.
    I think your wright, but he isn't much better, if i had to take on of them for next year it would be verlander but if i had to take one for the next 6 years it would be Kerhsaw, remember Verlander has been better the last couple of years, but it's not by a lot and in that time he has been in his prime while kershaw hasn't hit it.
    It's his young age and left handedness that will get him 200+ and will prevent Verlander from reaching it.

Also, what do you mean he has never had a problem with personality, is that like in comparison to Kershaw or just a stand alone comment about Verlander/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post

So then what is the difference between $1 and $30,000,001? $30MM turns into a lot more when you invest it correctly or just collect interest on it.
    Last edited by nymetsrule; 02-22-2013 at 03:24 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast