Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 92
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    Posts
    10,549
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Hahahahaha that made me laugh so hard
    Glad you seen it first and made the sarcasm obvious for everyone else. Was waiting for the attack posts.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    22,881
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    Glad you seen it first and made the sarcasm obvious for everyone else. Was waiting for the attack posts.
    Yea, for some reason people don't really pick up on sarcasm lol
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,634
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Yea, for some reason people don't really pick up on sarcasm lol
    Sarcasm has to do with tone, we've all heard crazy things on PSD within the last 2 days


    “Just gobble, gobble, gobble, turkey from jive turkey gobblers”

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    22,881
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by miller74 View Post
    Sarcasm has to do with tone, we've all heard crazy things on PSD within the last 2 days
    Tone? Really? I mean yea, when you're talking with people, but not when you're reading
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    31,950
    vCash
    1500
    Sarcasm doesn't play well in print. That said, I'm sarcastic about half the time on this site.


    Slap Hands!

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    4,986
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mudvayne387 View Post
    That was sarcasm ...

    Here are a few quotes from SI's pre draft evaluation of Alex Smith.

    "Efficient and reliable passer that's done well in his college system. Accurate in the short field"

    " Solid timing on crossing patterns. Patient in the pocket, effectively reads the defense and does not make poor decisions. Goes through receiver progressions, waits for pass catchers to come free and throws to the safe underneath target if nothing's available"

    "Must improve his corner patters in the end zone as passes tend to be flat. Rarely threw the ball down field in the Utah system"

    "Does not have a deep passing arm just yet but would be initially effective in a timing or West Coast offense"


    Now, here are some of his simple 2012 stats that correspond with the information above.

    1st in Completion percentage (69.4%)
    4th in QB rating (102.1)
    5th in yards per attempt (7.94)
    10th in Touchdowns with (12)

    Yes, he is near the bottom of the league in passing yards and passing yards per game, but he is also near the bottom in attempts per game. He fits this teams style so well, that I truly believe he is underrated ! And I say this coming into last season as one of his biggest haters on this site.

    Then it dawned on me, not every team has a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. Not every team is built to throw the ball 30-40 times per game. Is there shame in winning with a strong defense and efficient offensive game ?
    Sometimes we get so caught up in the so called "new" style of NFL, that we forget that teams always used to be built the way the 49ers are now.

    So to quote Dennis Green "Alex Smith is who we thought he was". He is not going to win an MVP, he is not going to be a perennial pro bowler, hell some games he wont even have enough passing attempts to qualify for certain records.

    But he brings stability to a team who changed quarterbacks like I change underwear (once a month) and who was sorely missing an identity.
    So you are saying they could upgrade at that position?

    #1 overall picks are supposed to be Brady types... Let's look at some of the higher QB picks in the draft. Eli Manning, Cam Newton, Alex Smith, Matt Ryan, RG3, Andrew Luck, Peyton Manning... I think 100% of GM's will take Smith last if they were building a team with the list i just put forth.
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    4,986
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by miller74 View Post
    Sorry what???

    In no scenerio can you say Matt Ryan and Alex Smith are on the same level.

    Agree, and maybe disagree?


    Matt Ryan hasn't won a playoff game, or a meaningful one. Granted Matt Ryan is going to pass Smith quickly if he hasn't already.

    Matt wins games with his arms. Matt has "weapons" at the WR & TE spot, and he actually utilizes them.
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    4,986
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    I find it comical that Alex's status is on a week to week basis. One week he's good and the next week, he's the worst QB in the league. As fans, I think we tend to be fickle, petty and overanalyzing. The bottom line is that this team is winning WITH Smith. No QB is going to be perfect. Not even Rodgers or Brady and as we can see this season...Brees.

    Those other guys have won Superbowls, and pretty much with their arm.

    Smith has actually played exactly like the criticism has dictated. He's had some very good games (damn near perfect) and some very bad games, damn near 2009 Alex Smith.

    It's possible some of the "bad" games could be due to his finger injury.

    But he's warranted all of the praise and criticism this year. I just hope he's healthy enough to play next week, b/c Kaepernick is a train wreck, and NOT the future of this franchise.
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    91
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    No, it's pretty clear man. Keapernick is significantly more talented than Smith in really every phase. He doesn't seem quite as smart as Smith (which is a compliment to Smith, not a knock on Keapernick) and would almost certainly not be as adept at pre-snap reads and adjustments. Talent-wise though...it's not a contest. Keapernick is superior in every way as far as "raw" talent goes. Part of the issue is that one word...raw.
    It's only clear for those of you who are Smith "haters". Do you not think Kaep would be starting if he was "Clearly" better than Smith??? Dude wake up already!!!

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    91
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    You don't understand because you're OK with mediocrity. Like you said...to each his own. You see a team that whipped the Arizona Cardinals. So do I. I also see the team that laid an egg vs the Giants at home and vs a vastly inferior team in Minnesota. Both of those games demonstrated the teams weakness which is at QB and to a lesser extent, but still significant special teams. You see 18-19 and 3 TDs. Great game no doubt. I see a QB that takes too many sacks and won't throw the ball more than 5 yds down the field unless there's a blown coverage. What's your opinion of the game if Crabtree and Moss don't turn passes that should have been short gains into TDs? Crabtree should have been tackled around the 5. Would you be screaming about a pass short of the end zone? I sure as hell would have.
    It's clear this team is built for running. When they have to pass protect, the line breaks down and I don't care who you have at QB, if they don't have time to set and throw, it ain't going to be pretty. You put Kaep in the same situations (case in point. preseason last year and this year) and you have the same results. A QB that is sacked more than than most. Now, does Smith take an occasional sack instead of risking a turnover, Yes he does. But if the alternative is throwing into double/triple coverage, trust me the coaches will take the sack every time.

    When there is time to throw however, Smith makes all the throws. Go watch the Bills game. The Bills had a weak pass rush and Smith lit them up with throws that clearly travel at 15 - 50 yds. Go re-watch the Saints game from last years' playoff game.

    This negative Bias on Smith needs to end. He is our QB, the team is winning with him and Kaep hasn't show anything to suggest he should start over Smith.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Donating blood: Red and Gold+
    Posts
    30,196
    vCash
    8965
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    Sarcasm doesn't play well in print. That said, I'm sarcastic about half the time on this site.
    Same. Which is probably why so many of my posts are misunderstood and set some people off.
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    Those other guys have won Superbowls, and pretty much with their arm.

    Smith has actually played exactly like the criticism has dictated. He's had some very good games (damn near perfect) and some very bad games, damn near 2009 Alex Smith.

    It's possible some of the "bad" games could be due to his finger injury.

    But he's warranted all of the praise and criticism this year. I just hope he's healthy enough to play next week, b/c Kaepernick is a train wreck, and NOT the future of this franchise.
    Please explain why he is a train wreck and is not the future of the franchise. I really hope it's a good argument because you don't have much of a sample size to work with. Also, I didn't get to see the game last night but from what I heard, other than the first quarter he did fairly well.


    Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

    lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana


    Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,692
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    Same. Which is probably why so many of my posts are misunderstood and set some people off.


    Please explain why he is a train wreck and is not the future of the franchise. I really hope it's a good argument because you don't have much of a sample size to work with. Also, I didn't get to see the game last night but from what I heard, other than the first quarter he did fairly well.
    He CAN be the future of the franchise. I agreed with everything leftymo posted except for the part about kaepernick "clearly not being the future" because I think CK definitely has a shot at being the future. However, leftymo is right by saying right now, CK is a trainwreck. It's true. But don't look at it as a knock on Kaepernick. Leftymo might view it as a knock since he strongly believes Kaepernick isn't even the future, that's his opinion.

    Look, Kaepernick is a train wreck right now, but that's not his fault. He's simply too young and inexperienced right now. That's not his fault. It's asking way too much of a 2nd year project 2nd round pick to come in and take over a super bowl caliber team midway through the season. He's just flatout incapable. Sure, he might be able to string a few wins together, especially against a Bears team that might not have Cutler. But let's face it, Kaepernick is a non factor in the passing game right now. You say you missed the game? Well, you missed a rams defense that was hardly defending the pass. Harbaugh/Roman hardly called any passing plays, especially in OT, because Kaepernick can't be trusted through the air right now. Yes, he did play fairly well yesterday if you want us to have the next Tim Tebow. Everything productive he did was with his legs. A one-dimensional QB that's a only a threat on the ground is certainly does not give us a better chance of beating the Bears than Alex Smith. Plain and simple, Alex Smith is the best option. The few haters/doubters left still think Smith and Kaepernick are in the same league, but after yesterday's performance, it's very clear that Smith is WAY better than Kaepernick right now. And I'll say it again, this is not hatred or criticism of Kaepernick. I'm defending the guy by saying it's not his fault and he's being asked to do a lot by coming in for a super bowl caliber team and winning games because he's simply just not good enough right now. It's like when Nolan was staring Alex Smith in 05. It wasn't Smith's fault. He just wasn't good enough back then and should never have been on the field. Now do I think we can win some games with Kaepernick? Sure. Run run run and play defense. I can see Kaepernick throwing going 13/20 for 140 yards with a rushing touchdown and the 49ers winning some low scoring games. But truth of the matter is, Smith is a way better option and threat. And i think the few remaining doubters saw yesterday just how much of a better chance at winning Smith gives us. If they thought it was all run, defense, and management with Smith, it's going to be three times that with Kaepernick.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    15,987
    vCash
    1500
    I really don't understand how people can form an opinion on a guy based on not even one full regular season game. Like what we saw in 3 1/2 quarters is what he'll be the rest of the year, no chance he gets better at all. People saying we didn't pass alot because they don't trust Kap? We barely throw with Smith under center either. Christ people, you'd want people to give you more benefit of the doubt than your giving this kid. My god a few shaky throws and our coaching staff doesn't trust him, give me a ****ing break.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    31,950
    vCash
    1500
    Train wreck is too strong. Train wreck is JaMarcus Russell's career.


    Slap Hands!

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    21,073
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    Sarcasm doesn't play well in print. That said, I'm sarcastic about half the time on this site.
    I tend to use this little number when I'm being sarcastic:

    Unless I'm in the Giants forum, those guys pick up on my sarcasm pretty well.



    Michael Morse High-Fives Himself dot gif



Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •