Nothing better than the first game thread to officially kick off the season. Here we go, guys. Season opener! Can't wait for tip off.
Start the season off right with a W. LET'S GO SIXERS!
Last edited by sixer04fan; 10-30-2012 at 02:47 PM.
I cannot wait for this one! I think it should be a very tough game! Denver is very deep and has a lot of fire power and size offensively. I worry particularly about our bigs rebounding in this game because Lavoy is really our only solid rebounder down low, and he has to contend with Faried and McGee all game.
This game could be a track meet (odd considering we wouldn't have had a shot at staying in a game like that last season). I think the potential Iggy-Turner match up will be interesting to watch and I'm really looking forward to seeing if Jrue takes charge from start to finish.
If Gallo does play too, I think we'll see a lot of Dorell Wright out there instead of J-Rich because a Jrue-Turner-Wright line-up matches up better with Lawson-Iggy-Gallinari IMO.
Regardless, it'll be nice to see some real Sixers basketball again! Go Sixers!
Last edited by Justsomeguy76; 10-30-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Aight now...its that time!! Lets go Sixers...really wished Bynum was playing!! Lets go Turner...make these doubters confess their sins....Double Double tonight..if not a Triple Double......
Big ups to Phins1983 for the Sig!!!
I'm a season ticket holder and had tix to the game tomorrow.. sold them because I was supposed to be away on business in Minnesota.. trip was postponed due to weather.. now I have no tickets.. **** my life
that being said, I think we win 104-99
It should be a great match up. It sucks we won't get to see Bynum play, but the spectacular all around team play during the preseason shows me that we can still have pretty high expectations for this club until he returns.
I won't be shocked if we lose (gotta respect Denver - a very solid squad), but I definitely think we can win, and we have no reason not to at least expect it. Here are some things I'm looking at specifically:
- Jrue Holiday's on court leadership. Let's see if/how he handles the role as the team leader and captain. This was primarily Iggy and Brand's role last year.
- The new guys: I'm pumped to see Wright, Swaggy, and J-Rich in action. For the first time in a long time we have players that can fill legitimate offensive roles and positions, rather than a bunch of tweener athletes that can't really shoot and all do the same thing.
- Thad as a starter playing against Faried. I'm very intrigued by this match up. I have faith that Thad is gonna bring it, but this match up could be very troublesome for Thad. He's going up against a guy that can match his athleticism and yet overpower him. Simply put, Thad just has to outplay him, because there could be a mismatch here to Denver's advantage.
- Turner... Turner Turner Turner. Can he step up and be one of our better players? Or is he going to bring the team down if he tries to force production and potentially hurt the flow of our offense.
- Andre Iguodala. I'm curious to see his reception and see what he does for Denver. Will we see him flirting with a triple double, setting up guys on his team with his transition/passing game and locking down on our guys defensively? Or will we see one of his 2/13 shooting performances where he's just forcing up ill-advised jumpers all game?
Sandy actually worked out great for me. I never lost power and missed two days of work. Thank you, Sandy!
And if we don't get some freakin Big Macs, I'm gonna be pissed.
I'm looking forward to seeing who Iguodala chooses to shut down.
“I don’t do five year plans — other organizations do, I guess.” - Ruben Amaro Jr
going to the game tomorrow hopin to build on my 4 game win streak! Expectin a track meet from start to finish with both teams breaking 100. This game better sell out and the crowd better be fired up for it!
RETURN OF THE MAC
Rec: 78 Yards: 1,207 TD: 10