Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Browns win

5 83.33%
  • Browns lose

1 16.67%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I'm with you on this one, Otto. I want this win so badly and it's certainly possible. You can see the confidence building with this team and getting this win going into our bye would give us that extra boost to finish strong like you said. Plus I HATE the Ravens. Not as much as I hate the Steelers, but damn do I hate the Ravens. Also seeing PK's Modell sig just pisses me off even more (Don't worry I still love you PK ). This might be the closest we come to a playoff type atmosphere game and I can't wait to see how we perform.

vCash
    Browns shock everyone and win 34-17.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgobrownies7 View Post
    Browns shock everyone and win 34-17.
    I don't think they are really shocking anyone. A lot of national pundits have the Brownies winning this week with their play lately, being at home and how banged up the Ravens are. I hope the crowd is really into this game and gets this team excited about being a Brown, as I was pissed when I saw that the Ravens have the #1 Home Field Advantage in football. That should be the Dawg Pound and hopefully Jimmy can get the fan experience to a better standing with his takeover.

This might be the most excited I have been for a non opener of the Browns since 2007. Have to watch it on my phone too in a car on Sunday, ugh.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    That's rough man. I'll be sitting on my couch with a 12 pack in arms reach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    Oh Ill have a 12 pack on hand in car, luckily not driving. Sunday Funday hopefully with a win.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash

Ravens Game

I believe a win in this game would be HUGE for the perception of the Brown's nationally. Since our return we haven't been a competitive team besides a few flash seasons. I feel like every article I read or every non browns fan I run into they either have a joke or they feel sorry for us.

Despite winning 2 of the last 3 games everyone still has the same view point. Outside of Brown's fans that watch every game, people see a lucky win or poor play by the opponent. I think you all would agree with me when I say we really have something promising building here. The young talent is really developing into what will be/is a contender. Also consider we played without our best defensive player (Haden) to start the season, and have been without our two starting DT's and OLB for most weeks. In years past I have always held a blind hope we could be a competitive team, this year I know its coming.

On another note - I believe Pat Shurmer has cost us some wins this year, but no one can argue that his players aren't playing their hardest for him. I love seeing the whole team denied an extra day of rest on Monday to get in more film study.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DQ52 View Post
    I believe a win in this game would be HUGE for the perception of the Brown's nationally. Since our return we haven't been a competitive team besides a few flash seasons. I feel like every article I read or every non browns fan I run into they either have a joke or they feel sorry for us.

Despite winning 2 of the last 3 games everyone still has the same view point. Outside of Brown's fans that watch every game, people see a lucky win or poor play by the opponent. I think you all would agree with me when I say we really have something promising building here. The young talent is really developing into what will be/is a contender. Also consider we played without our best defensive player (Haden) to start the season, and have been without our two starting DT's and OLB for most weeks. In years past I have always held a blind hope we could be a competitive team, this year I know its coming.

On another note - I believe Pat Shurmer has cost us some wins this year, but no one can argue that his players aren't playing their hardest for him. I love seeing the whole team denied an extra day of rest on Monday to get in more film study.
    Spot on with the On Another note comment DQ52. Pat has cost the Brownies some games but the players seem to be excited and ready to play for this guy even though the blunders he has had. I don't know if thats just the youth on this team where they can see all of the young talent on the team getting better and better each week and now they are building something or if the coaching staff just gets them that up. The last game that I thought they looked dead was the Buffalo game and after that, even the Giants game, they have seemed up each week. Plus the not taking the Monday Victory day off is awesome especially when they have a divisional rival coming to town and know they can rest the following week. Even after 0-3, Phil Dawson came out on Twitter and told the fans to be patient as they are young but they are building something and he was very excited about what he was seeing. I had never heard Phil come out in the past 12 years and say something like this so I found that pretty telling. Of course Cribbs said it too and it seems to be the same thing he says each week of the season.

Now I will have to disagree with you about the perception right now of the team. Everything I read and all of my friends, family and other sports enthusiasts that I have talked to seem to think the Browns are actually still being only 2-6 are heading in the right direction for once. A lot of people are starting to believe in Weeden, everyone knows by know that Haden and TRich are studs and they are starting to ask questions about guys like DQ, Gordon, Little showing me that they are at least getting some national attention, good or bad. Even at 0-5 nobody was giving me sh$t like in years past but instead people that I forced to watch games with and a lot of reporters and scouts were talking good about the team and saying that with experience and a healthy/non-suspended team that they could have easily won 2 or 3 of those. In years past it was joke time at 0-5 and what are they building? as the only question I would be answering. Not this year. Having Jimmy Has coming in too this year definately has been helping in getting more national attention as well. Even my Uncle and Cousin who are diehard Steeler fans (Don't ask) are saying they are worried about the youth and growth of this team right now. Even if they are not winning too many games right now, they are still competing, progressing each week and building a future foundation with a lot of young players to all hit their primes at the same time where even at 2-6 that is all you can really ask for such a youthful team.
    Last edited by ottograham14; 11-01-2012 at 01:38 PM.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    I agree with Otto in terms of the perception this team has. Every head coach of the teams we have played have made it point to say the games against us are not gimmes. John Harbaugh is calling this game a "must win" for the Ravens this week. While I wish we were competing for a playoff spot, we are playing the role of upsetters this year. We could be the difference between a team making the playoffs and not making the playoffs. I think we put a damper on the Bengals season and could (are about to!) put one on the Ravens season as well. This is truly a step forward in how people see us. We are no longer an easy win, but have (as Pat Shurmur would say) potential to win every week.

In time, we will build around the foundations that we are starting to put in place. I don't think I've been so excited about the future of the Browns. And when I say future, I don't mean 5+ years, I mean near future. I would love to solidify this role as upsetters with a Win this week against Baltimore. I want teams to fear coming into Cleveland and to face this young and hungry team. If we can come out of this season with wins against every division team, that would be a HUGE step forward.

As for this weekend- I predict the momentum to continue and we put together a 2 game winning streak! Browns- 27, Ravens- 20

vCash
    Sure hope so man!

vCash
    Joe Haden says he feels the Browns are closing the gap on the other three teams in the division—whom all made the playoffs in 2011.

“We definitely feel like that,” Haden said. “We feel like we were in the division (games), but we were just a couple plays off. Now, that we’ve beat Cincinnati and we’re coming off of this last week’s win, we just feel like there’s no reason why we can’t keep these wins coming.”

Haden doesn’t feel there is any team the Browns cannot compete with.

“(The Ravens are) a beatable team,” he said. “They’re really talented though, not to put anything past them, but everybody in the division is beatable. We just feel like our team is on the verge of being at the top.”

Haden, who didn’t play in the first meeting with the Ravens, feels the Browns are better than their record.

“The record is completely different than how we feel as a team,” Haden said. “We know that our record could be so much better. A couple plays here, a couple plays there, but we’re starting to make those. We feel like we’re starting to make those and we’re starting to get over the hump. We’re starting to finally be a team that can go out and win consecutive games. Why not win three games in a row, four games in a row, just get on spurts and keep winning.”
    http://cle.scout.com/2/1235671.html

I ****ing love Haden.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    I have to listen to it on the radio. Have to F'ing work.

vCash
    That's rough man. Hopefully they make your work day better, not worse.

vCash
    For sure. Plus they prob won't even be on tv anyways. The bungles are usually on.

vCash
    I'm going to the game! Go Brownies! Although I'm not a fan of the Model flaunting in a Browns forum. I hope Raven fans understand that Art left Cleveland because he was broke. It had nothing (or very little to do) with a new stadium. That being said, I lived in Baltimore and its a great place with great people. Some similarities to Cleveland.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgobrownies7 View Post
    For sure. Plus they prob won't even be on tv anyways. The bungles are usually on.
    That sucks man. Where do you live?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast