Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 65
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    89,334
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowman53 View Post
    I'd take Harbaugh over McCarthy easily. If Harbaugh can turn Alex Smith into an efficient QB having Aaron Rodgers would've been a cakewalk for him to a superbowl title.
    Let us have Harbaugh. I want a cakewalk SB.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,364
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowman53 View Post
    I'd take Harbaugh over McCarthy easily. If Harbaugh can turn Alex Smith into an efficient QB having Aaron Rodgers would've been a cakewalk for him to a superbowl title.
    You don't seem to understand that McCarthy MADE Rodgers... Smith was drafted over Rodgers because he was the better pro prospect. McCarthy groomed Rodgers for 3 years. Anyone who thinks Rodgers would be half the player he is without McCarthy's grooming is ignorant.

    That's not to say that Rodgers would suck. But McCarthy has clearly made an impact on Rodgers' career.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    Posts
    11,129
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Let us have Harbaugh. I want a cakewalk SB.
    No ****ing way.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlaqOptic View Post
    You don't seem to understand that McCarthy MADE Rodgers... Smith was drafted over Rodgers because he was the better pro prospect. McCarthy groomed Rodgers for 3 years. Anyone who thinks Rodgers would be half the player he is without McCarthy's grooming is ignorant.

    That's not to say that Rodgers would suck. But McCarthy has clearly made an impact on Rodgers' career.
    You do realize that Harbaugh has a hell of a track record grooming QBs right?

    And Smith was drafted over Rodgers because of McCarthy

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    89,334
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    No ****ing way.



    You do realize that Harbaugh has a hell of a track record grooming QBs right?

    And Smith was drafted over Rodgers because of McCarthy
    I don't like you anymore.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    6,226
    vCash
    1500
    This poll fits nicely right here. This is a poll of 103 players asked who is the most overrated coach. Here are the results.

    NFL midseason players poll: Rex Ryan voted most overrated coach
    Published Monday, Nov 5, 2012 at 8:28 am EST
    Staff report Sporting News

    With half the 2012 season finished, Sporting News' network of NFL correspondents asked 103 players from 27 teams everything you want to know about this year in our annual midseason players poll.

    As always in our midseason poll, players were not allowed to name their teammates or head coach for any of their answers.

    Who is the most overrated head coach?

    Rex Ryan, Jets 35

    Bill Belichick, Patriots 16

    Andy Reid, Eagles 9

    Mike Shanahan, Redskins 8

    Mike Tomlin, Steelers 4

    Jeff Fisher, Rams 3

    Jim Harbaugh, 49ers 3

    Norv Turner, Chargers 3

    Pete Carroll, Seahawks 2

    Jason Garrett, Cowboys 2

    John Harbaugh, Ravens 2

    Six coaches received one vote

    "Rex Ryan. His coaching style is over the top. Some of the things he does in front of the cameras are way over the top. You put that with the New York media and he has a pretty big reputation, I guess. I don't even know if you'd call him overrated anymore because it's gonna be a couple of years since he was in the AFC finals. He's pretty funny, and he's a pretty good coach. But not THAT good." — AFC offensive player
    http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...bill-belichick
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    Posts
    11,129
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    I don't like you anymore.
    You've gotten enough coaches from us already. And both Holmgren and McCarthy brought a trophy back to GB. I'd say that worked out pretty good for you. I wonder how many more SBs we would have if we kept Holmgren as HC instead of Seifert. Seifert was a good enough coach, but Holmgren knew SF inside and out, and it showed in GBs dominance in the 90s. Potentially have another SB or two in SF with GB out of our way. Still would've had to deal with Dallas though I know.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,189
    vCash
    1500
    Belichik
    49ers Harbaugh
    Gary Kubiak
    Tom Coughlin
    Mike Smith

    There are lots of guys you could make an argument for though. Lovie Smith, Ravens Harbaugh, Mccarthy, and Tomlin could all be in the conversation.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    6,226
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by j11430 View Post
    Belichik
    49ers Harbaugh
    Gary Kubiak
    Tom Coughlin
    Mike Smith

    There are lots of guys you could make an argument for though. Lovie Smith, Ravens Harbaugh, Mccarthy, and Tomlin could all be in the conversation.

    Help me understand the love for Gary Kubiak.

    He has a W/L of 54-50, two winning seasons, three if you count this year and 2 division titles. That is the extent of his resume. How does that translate to a top 5 coach in the NFL?


    Code:
    <PRE>                                                                                          
    Year     Age             Tm  Lg   G  W  L T W-L% G plyf W plyf L plyf W-L% Rank      Notes
    2006      45 Houston Texans NFL  16  6 10 0 .375                              4           
    2007      46 Houston Texans NFL  16  8  8 0 .500                              4           
    2008      47 Houston Texans NFL  16  8  8 0 .500                              3           
    2009      48 Houston Texans NFL  16  9  7 0 .563                              2           
    2010      49 Houston Texans NFL  16  6 10 0 .375                              3           
    2011      50 Houston Texans NFL  16 10  6 0 .625      2      1      1 .500    1           
    2012      51 Houston Texans NFL   8  7  1 0 .875                              1           
    18 yrs                          104 54 50 0 .519      2      1      1 .500  2.3 Avg Finish
    11 yrs                  DEN       0  0  0 0           0      0      0       2.2           
    7 yrs                   HOU     104 54 50 0 .519      2      1      1 .500  2.6           
    </PRE>
    Games over .500: 4
    Super Bowl Wins: 0
    Overall Championships: 0
    Conference Championships: 0
    Division Championships: 2

    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...es/KubiGa0.htm

    BTW, this is NOT a criticism of him just a desire to understand how he belongs with the best.
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Riverton,il
    Posts
    15,565
    vCash
    1500
    He took over a team that was 4 years old. I wouldnt expect his w/l reford to be great.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Riverton,il
    Posts
    15,565
    vCash
    1500
    He was also a coach on three super bowl winners ncluding offensive coordinator for the broncos two sb

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,189
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Help me understand the love for Gary Kubiak.

    He has a W/L of 54-50, two winning seasons, three if you count this year and 2 division titles. That is the extent of his resume. How does that translate to a top 5 coach in the NFL?


    Code:
    <PRE>                                                                                          
    Year     Age             Tm  Lg   G  W  L T W-L% G plyf W plyf L plyf W-L% Rank      Notes
    2006      45 Houston Texans NFL  16  6 10 0 .375                              4           
    2007      46 Houston Texans NFL  16  8  8 0 .500                              4           
    2008      47 Houston Texans NFL  16  8  8 0 .500                              3           
    2009      48 Houston Texans NFL  16  9  7 0 .563                              2           
    2010      49 Houston Texans NFL  16  6 10 0 .375                              3           
    2011      50 Houston Texans NFL  16 10  6 0 .625      2      1      1 .500    1           
    2012      51 Houston Texans NFL   8  7  1 0 .875                              1           
    18 yrs                          104 54 50 0 .519      2      1      1 .500  2.3 Avg Finish
    11 yrs                  DEN       0  0  0 0           0      0      0       2.2           
    7 yrs                   HOU     104 54 50 0 .519      2      1      1 .500  2.6           
    </PRE>
    Games over .500: 4
    Super Bowl Wins: 0
    Overall Championships: 0
    Conference Championships: 0
    Division Championships: 2

    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...es/KubiGa0.htm

    BTW, this is NOT a criticism of him just a desire to understand how he belongs with the best.
    The guy above me made a pretty good point, he took over a pretty trash team. He's really built the Texans from the ground up. Last year they won a playoff game with their third quarterback, and without their best pass rusher (at the time). He doesn't have the wins yet because he was working with a pretty horrible defense for a long time. I understand what you're saying but for me, I'd put him top five

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    53
    vCash
    1500
    I'll troll around a bit for Whisenhunt. I don't think there's a culture/stigma that could've been harder to change than the one surrounding the AZ Cardinals. He has definitely made a huge impact on the franchise...

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    9,351
    vCash
    1500
    1) Belichick
    2) Coughlin
    3) Sean Payton
    4) Harbaugh
    5) Tomlin


    Cameron Jordan is awesome

    12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,189
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FEEDtheBEAST View Post
    I'll troll around a bit for Whisenhunt. I don't think there's a culture/stigma that could've been harder to change than the one surrounding the AZ Cardinals. He has definitely made a huge impact on the franchise...
    Yeah but he's got a below .500 record. As impactful as he has been, he's not even close to being the best head coach

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    14,890
    vCash
    1500
    No Texans fan on earth will tell you that Gary Kubiak is a top 5 coach. As an offensive coordinator, he may be the best, but he is an average head coach.
    “Today, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!” - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •