Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Top 5 Coaches in the NFL RIGHT NOW.

Do It. Rank em, or just list your top 5 in no order if you feel that's better.

vCash
    Hoodie
    Coughlin
    SF Harbaugh
    Tomlin
    Kubiak

Thought the 1st 3 were a given, the last 2 was tough for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

vCash
    No order:

Coughlin
    Belichik
    Payton
    Reid
    Tomlin

Shanahan is close.

vCash
    Bill Belichick
    Tom Coughlin
    Mike Tomlin
    Sean Payton
    Mike McCarthy
    Mike Shanahan
    Andy Reid (honorable mention)

BTW, if you wanted to make the case that Sean Payton wasn't in the league now, I would remove Sean Payton, move Mike McCarthy up and add Mike Shanahan. I did consider Andy Reid for that spot because of his W/L record but Shanahan's SB wins trumped it.
    Last edited by subroc; 10-30-2012 at 03:35 PM.
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash

Top 5 Coaches in the NFL RIGHT NOW.

Bellichik
    Coughlin
    Tomlin
    Harbaugh
    Fisher

our future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Bill Belichick
    Tom Coughlin
    Mike Tomlin
    Sean Payton
    Mike McCarthy
    Mike Shanahan
    Andy Reid (honorable mention)

BTW, if you wanted to make the case that Sean Payton wasn't in the league now, I would remove Sean Payton, move Mike McCarthy up and add Mike Shanahan. I did consider Andy Reid for that spot because of his W/L record but Shanahan's SB wins trumped it.
    McCarthy isn't horrible. But I think top 5 was always iffy.

He's not top 5. But man Philbin surprised me. I said hey go Phins hire the least charismatic guy I've ever seen. Who doesn't even run the "system" that GB does. He's going to go get Sherman to do it. Genius. Made me look stupid.

I like Schiano (Sp?) too. Not because of that late game stupid crap. Just like the way that team seems to handle themselves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebrez bears/ View Post
    Bellichik
    Coughlin
    Tomlin
    Harbaugh
    Fisher
    Far be it for me to second guess your selections, but I am interested, how did you select Fisher? His W/L is 142-120 and teams he has coached have only won 4 division titles and 1 conference title in 17 years.

BTW, I recognize he has a vast resume of coaching experience and is among the longest tenured HCs in the game today, but his success, in my view, is questionable.

vCash
    Bellichik
    Coughlin
    Tomlin
    Harbaugh
    Fisher
    Far be it for me to second guess your selections, but I am interested, how did you select Fisher? His W/L is 142-120 and teams he has coached have only won 4 division titles and 1 conference title in 17 years.

BTW, I recognize he has a vast resume of coaching experience and is among the longest tenured HCs in the game today, but his success, in my view, is questionable.
    He was the guy that truly reinvented the oilers into the titans and they were dominating that division for a half dozen years. A few Turd years which everyone will have but back to playoffs again. A great 10 year span with limited super stars.

Now goes to St. Louis ANC brings then together and makes that team real from real crappy in a few months.

our future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    McCarthy isn't horrible. But I think top 5 was always iffy.

He's not top 5. But man Philbin surprised me. I said hey go Phins hire the least charismatic guy I've ever seen. Who doesn't even run the "system" that GB does. He's going to go get Sherman to do it. Genius. Made me look stupid.

I like Schiano (Sp?) too. Not because of that late game stupid crap. Just like the way that team seems to handle themselves.
    I expect if anyone on my list could be called into question, Mike McCarthy could be it. But, he has a fairly impressive W/L record of 68-36 over 7 (including this season) seasons with 2 division championships and a victory in the SB. That makes him, in my view, worthy of inclusion.

vCash
    I expect if anyone on my list could be called into question, Mike McCarthy could be it. But, he has a fairly impressive W/L record of 68-36 over 7 (including this season) seasons with 2 division championships and a victory in the SB. That makes him, in my view, worthy of inclusion.
    I give him a lot of credit for winning games but he's had great rosters. Give Ted Thompson credit there. I do like Mike because I feel like he is constantly improving. Guy has some guts too. And has hired a GREAT staff. I think he's hirings are my favorite part of the guy.

Certainly as a Pack fan I like him but he's an odd one where it looks like on paper he should be included but I'm not so convinced knowing past that. He's not the king motivator. Has been knowing to have his teams start slow, season and gamewise. Not great at in game adjustments. Tries to get too cute far too often. He has some flaws certainly. Play calling balance is always wretched.

vCash
    1. Belichick
    2. Coughlin
    3. Harbaugh
    4. Tomlin
    5. Payton

vCash
    What's so great about Tomlin?

vCash
    What's so great about Tomlin?
    I like him because he's never had a losing season. Super Bowl win, there twice. Had big shoes to fill and did. Great winning percentage

our future

vCash
    I like him because he's never had a losing season. Super Bowl win, there twice. Had big shoes to fill and did. Great winning percentage
    I like the way he leads. I'm just a touch confused about what he brings past that.

vCash
    I like the way he leads. I'm just a touch confused about what he brings past that.
    I expected him to fail and get fired, he proved me wrong big time. So I'm in his camp now is all

our future

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast