Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Jared Cook Anyone?

Saw he's requesting a trade and we all know after this year most likely Tony G might be done. Why not have this physical specimen learn from Tony for a bit and I'm sure Ryan could make them into a superstar. Idk if he has attitude problems or not, but this could solve our TE problems for the long haul.

vCash
    Said in the other thread that even though I like him as a player, I doubt Dimitroff will give up a draft pick for a guy who doesn't fill a glaring need right now. If they are gonna make a deadline deal, I would rather see them pursue a RB who can get outside and turn the corner.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 10-29-2012 at 11:11 PM.

vCash
    I have to agree. I'd love Cook, but I just cannot see it happening and I can't say that disappoints me.

vCash
    if anything i'd like to shore up some defensive spots... mainly LB, and then think about RB even tho we do have snelling who can mix it up a little.

vCash
    I would take him because we will use a draft pick on a TE next season most likely anyway. Jared Cook is experienced, young, athletic, and would have the tutelage of TG (if we trade for him), something no draft pick can get. Also, look at the Patriots with their TE sets and how good they make that offense. Now look at their outside receivers. Roddy & Julio> Welker&B. Lloyd. Also our running game could possibly get a boost because they would never know if we are going to throw or not when we in the 2 TE sets. Also, Cook is very versatile and can be split out wide. That could lead to 1 of the most dangerous shotgun formations in the league having Roddy, Julio, Cook out wide and with TG outside the tackle and Quizz at HB and the no huddle would be nice with those players. All of those guys have amazing receiving ability and if anyone gets double covered, someone will be open. Also, cook is 6'5 or 6'6 so put a Cb on him if you want but if he single covered by a cb good luck to him. And o yeah he has 4.4, 4.5 speed soo good luck having a safety or LB on him also. The guy is a mismatch nightmare. Also, if we do a 4 wide with Cook on side of Julio and Roddy and Douglas on the right with TG on side the tackle... Tell me that doesnt make your mouth water. It does mine fa sho. Id love to trade for Cook because i think it would make our offense that more dangerous. Yes id love to get a RB but Cook would be really nice too.

vCash
    ^You make a great case for it, and if Dimtroff could do it for a lesser pick like he did to get Asante, then I'm all for it. The question is if our GM thinks like us. Gotta remember TD's style: He is an aggressive deal-maker but also more of a "needs drafter" than someone who goes for the "best player available." This is a similar situation, so based on track record, he is probably looking at other areas to improve, ya know? That's why I think they're calling around for RBs.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 10-30-2012 at 12:45 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    ^You make a great case for it, and if Dimtroff could do it for a lesser pick like he did to get Asante, then I'm all for it. The question is if our GM thinks like us. Gotta remember TD's style: He is an aggressive deal-maker but also more of a "needs drafter" than someone who goes for the "best player available." This is a similar situation, so based on track record, he is probably looking at other areas to improve, ya know? That's why I think they're calling around for RBs.
    Yu prob right. I need to have a talk to TD.

vCash
    I agree...

vCash
    It's a great case made for it, but it's also asking our OC to completely change the philosophy and change our plays. I don't mind the two TE sets, but I think they've already shown with extending HD's contract in the offseason that we'll be a 3 wr set the majority of the time. Having a guy like that to learn from TG would be great, but I would expect him not to get in the game much until TG did retire. I think we need to look at RB, and maybe more importantly, LB depth. Weatherspoon and Nicholas are solid, but they've each gotten hurt. We can't afford extended time without them.

vCash
    We ran a lot of 2 TE until Palmer got hurt. Or at least I feel like we did.

vCash
    I'm basically saying why waste a draft pick on a TE in the draft we are not certain on? Maybe outside the kid from Notre Dame that would take a first rounder. Why not save that first rounder and trade a mid round pick to acquire Cook? He fills a glaring need for the future and we still keep our 1st rounder for other purposes? Just my opinion

vCash
    Because TE isn't a glaring need right now and it's difficult to get players acclimated to new schemes at mideason, so Gonzo would still get most of the snaps and targets for the rest of this season. So they would be giving away a high/mid-level pick for someone they could just sign in the offseason. And it's not like this organization isn't trustworthy on drafting. By my count, 16 of the 22 starters were drafted by this team, many of whom are 1st and 2nd rounders.

vCash
    Turner, Polite, Gonzalez, Clabo, Abe, Edwards, Dunta, Asante were not drafted by us; so 14 of the 22 starters.

vCash
    Because TE isn't a glaring need right now and it's difficult to get players acclimated to new schemes at mideason, so Gonzo would still get most of the snaps and targets for the rest of this season. So they would be giving away a high/mid-level pick for someone they could just sign in the offseason. And it's not like this organization isn't trustworthy on drafting. By my count, 16 of the 22 starters were drafted by this team, many of whom are 1st and 2nd rounders.
    I guess your right. I'm just worried post Tony era. I feel like we'll be fine but I think we can all agree what a great tight end does to a team. I agree maybe we should just go after him this off season, but I think we'll get an idea what we do this offseason based on how we do in the playoffs. I say that if we happen to somehow make the Super Bowl, that'll be good enough for Tony G to call it quits. I just don't want that position to be a flux.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramon Nivar
    Turner, Polite, Gonzalez, Clabo, Abe, Edwards, Dunta, Asante were not drafted by us; so 14 of the 22 starters.
    I counted Biermann as the starting DE, completely forgot about Edwards, ha.

And thought we drafted Clabo but he was actually a practice squad signee in '05, so technically he was groomed like a draft pick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast