Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: What should the Mets do with Acosta?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep, Acostalypse needs to stay

    1 5.88%
  • Dump, enough with him

    16 94.12%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 96

Thread: Manny Acosta

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    52,643
    vCash
    1500
    I believe Acosta is closer to his 2nd half performance than his 1st half.

    Do you honestly believe he'll have a 11.86 ERA again in the 1st half next year?

    The fact that Acosta's numbers are just bad this year and not absolutely terrible, is pretty amazing.

    I'm not ignoring the success he had in 2010 and 2011.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    52,643
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    so you bring up xFIP, I know you are reaching for straws dude, you still can'y ignore all the other stats I mention.

    You have brought up xFIP and BB% to make a case for Acosta, Ramirez was still better at LD%, K%, GB%, FIP, ERA, LOB%(which is big for reliever), HR/9. Hell, Ramirez BABIP was .390 which is very high compared to Acosta who had a reasonable .304 BABIP.

    again to sit there and tell me that Acosta is the better option is pretty laughable dude specially considering age.
    I bring up xFIP because it's a better predictor of future success than the other two stats you mention.

    Ramirez is good at only giving free passes to the other team.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    78,840
    vCash
    1500
    2 years ago I lobbied for Acosta to stay because he did better than people gave him credit for, but he has gotten worst the last 2 years and at age 32 I really do not see him being good over a whole year, so save that 1.2 million and spend it on somebody else. The Mets will still have to pay Ramirez his .5 million because they will still have to option him, they are not going to release him. Use that 1.2 million as part of a deal for Grilli or another more reliable arm.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,856
    vCash
    1500
    I'll give you guys a lot of credit keeping a discussion about 2 mediocre relievers interesting

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    78,840
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I bring up xFIP because it's a better predictor of future success than the other two stats you mention.

    Ramirez is good at only giving free passes to the other team.
    Is not the only stat that shows that dude, many of the stats i mention do the same thing.

    Again Acosta had a worst year than Ramirez period, and most of the stats show that.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    78,840
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I'll give you guys a lot of credit keeping a discussion about 2 mediocre relievers interesting
    LOL

    Acosta is an old mediocre reliever at best, Ramirez still has some potential to be better than that.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    78,840
    vCash
    1500
    Giving Acosta 1.2 million is basically wiping your *** with money.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    52,643
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I'll give you guys a lot of credit keeping a discussion about 2 mediocre relievers interesting
    This hurricane has me bored as **** and there is nothing to talk about so I'm just gonna keep this going, lol.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    52,643
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    2 years ago I lobbied for Acosta to stay because he did better than people gave him credit for, but he has gotten worst the last 2 years and at age 32 I really do not see him being good over a whole year, so save that 1.2 million and spend it on somebody else. The Mets will still have to pay Ramirez his .5 million because they will still have to option him, they are not going to release him. Use that 1.2 million as part of a deal for Grilli or another more reliable arm.
    You are lobbying for Grilli, but how old is Grilli? The dude is about to turn 36.

    32 years old is not old for a reliever, so Acosta can easily find it. He has very good stuff and I'd hate to just dump him for someone who can't throw strikes for his life.

    If we had money, I'd be all for dumping him, an extra $1.2MM is not going to decide who we can get or not.

    Grilli was a beast though, I'd love to bring him in. I think he's going to make too much for us though sadly.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    52,643
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Is not the only stat that shows that dude, many of the stats i mention do the same thing.

    Again Acosta had a worst year than Ramirez period, and most of the stats show that.
    xFIP is better than FIP or any of the other stats you mention at predicting future success.

    I'm not debating that Acosta was worse than Ramirez, but there is no reason for me to believe that Acosta is as bad as he was in the 1st half of last year.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    78,840
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    You are lobbying for Grilli, but how old is Grilli? The dude is about to turn 36.

    32 years old is not old for a reliever, so Acosta can easily find it. He has very good stuff and I'd hate to just dump him for someone who can't throw strikes for his life.

    If we had money, I'd be all for dumping him, an extra $1.2MM is not going to decide who we can get or not.

    Grilli was a beast though, I'd love to bring him in. I think he's going to make too much for us though sadly.
    The difference is Grilli can get outs over a whole year, Acosta does not.

    ...and if Acosta can easily find it, then why the **** has he not found it yet?
    Is small flashes here and there and then a lot of ****** pitching.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    52,643
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    The difference is Grilli can get outs over a whole year, Acosta does not.

    ...and if Acosta can easily find it, then why the **** has he not found it yet?
    Is small flashes here and there and then a lot of ****** pitching.
    Grilli's career numbers are almost identical to Acosta's.

    As for why Acosta hasn't found it yet, I don't know.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    78,840
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    xFIP is better than FIP at predicting future success.

    I'm not debating that Acosta was worse than Ramirez, but there is no reason for me to believe that Acosta is as bad as he was in the 1st half of last year.
    and even so his xFIP was nothing to write home about either, so if Acosta was worst why is he a better option?

    Why is Acosta likely to be better at age 32 than a guy who was 24 in his rookie year? I am tired of hearing about his stuff, he has been around for 6 years now and still his stuff has not translated to a good career, but mediocre at best.

    Time to pass on the bum.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    52,643
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    and even so his xFIP was nothing to write home about either, so if Acosta was worst why is he a better option?

    Why is Acosta likely to be better at age 32 than a guy who was 24 in his rookie year? I am tired of hearing about his stuff, he has been around for 6 years now and still his stuff has not translated to a good career, but mediocre at best.

    Time to pass on the bum.
    He throws harder than Ramirez even at his age, and his breaking ball is better. Both don't have great command, but Ramirez has literally no command.

    If Ramirez was 21 or 22 with no command, I would understand, but he's had enough experience pitching now to find some consistent command and he just hasn't done it. He's a one pitch guy with no command of that one pitch, lol.

    I don't know how a guy with a career 3.99 ERA is a bum. Just an average reliever.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    78,840
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Grilli's career numbers are almost identical to Acosta's.

    As for why Acosta hasn't found it yet, I don't know.
    So now we are going to use career numbers? lol

    Now that I find funny given the fact that you would be the first to use the most recent numbers to make your point if the tables were turned or have we forgotten the Hundley/Soto/Thole debate.

    ...but now because the shoe is on the other side we are going to use career numbers because it helps your argument.

    lol

    ...but yes in fact Grillis career numbers are in fact worst than Acosta given the fact that the first half of his career he was pretty ****ing ******, till 2008.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •