Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What should the Mets do with Acosta?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep, Acostalypse needs to stay

1 5.88%
  • Dump, enough with him

16 94.12%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Manny Acosta

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Why are you mad??? lol

I just don't understand why you think Ramirez will turn the corner. He is the one that blows. 25 years old isn't even that young, he should start in AAA until he shows that he deserves another shot.
    Dude you rathergive a 32 year old that has sucked for most of his career a chance than a kid that was 24 years old this past season. That makes zero sense.

Oh and am not mad, just because I just I used the word ****ing to describe a scrub does not mean am mad.

vCash
    Acosta is a mediocre pitcher that works pretty well in middle relief. His ERA+ is 101 over his career.

vCash
    He is as ****** a pitcher as their is in baseball when he is bad dude, he has to have lights out periods to even get to mediocre. Sorry that is not a guy I even will want to give 1.2 million specially when the money this team has is very limited. That money can be used for somebody else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Dude you rathergive a 32 year old that has sucked for most of his career a chance than a kid that was 24 years old this past season. That makes zero sense.

Oh and am not mad, just because I just I used the word ****ing to describe a scrub does not mean am mad.
    Elvin has no idea what he is doing out there. I'm all for using Carson, Edgin, Peavey, Mazzoni, etc. because they can actually throw strikes and get outs.

I don't care how old a guy is, Acosta is a better pitcher than Ramirez. Ramirez can only hope to be as good as Acosta because his command is that bad. Guys in lower levels will swing at fastballs out of the zone, but not in the bigs.

vCash
    Like I said over the last 2 years all 30 teams past on him at some point. If he will sign a minor league deal after getting non tendered then am all for it, but to offer him arbitration would be stupid.

vCash
    He is as ****** a pitcher as their is in baseball when he is bad dude, he has to have lights out periods to even get to mediocre. Sorry that is not a guy I even will want to give 1.2 million specially when the money this team has is very limited. That money can be used for somebody else.
    $1.1MM is not that much at all, like I said it's only $600k more than someone like Ramirez. So it's not going to decide whether or not we get someone. If he sucks, they can just dump him again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Elvin has no idea what he is doing out there. I'm all for using Carson, Edgin, Peavey, Mazzoni, etc. because they can actually throw strikes and get outs.

I don't care how old a guy is, Acosta is a better pitcher than Ramirez. Ramirez can only hope to be as good as Acosta because his command is that bad. Guys in lower levels will swing at fastballs out of the zone, but not in the bigs.
    Yet last year Ramirez had a better ERA and FIP than Acosta in the majors dude and you keep trying to tell me that Acosta is a better option. lol

vCash
    all you keep harping on is the BB rates and yet Ramirez K'd over 9 batters per game in his 21 innings here, allowed only 1 homer while Acosta allowed 7 in just 47 innings pitched. Acosta had a higher LD% also.

Yeah Acosta is clearly the better option here. lol

vCash
    Yet last year Ramirez had a better ERA and FIP than Acosta in the majors dude and you keep trying to tell me that Acosta is a better option. lol
    Acosta xFIP: 4.41
    Ramirez xFIP: 5.29

vCash
    all you keep harping on is the BB rates and yet Ramirez K'd over 9 batters per game in his 21 innings here, allowed only 1 homer while Acosta allowed 7 in just 47 innings pitched. Acosta had a higher LD% also.

Yeah Acosta is clearly the better option here. lol
    You BETTER be striking out over 9 batters per 9 if you are walking 8.44 batters per 9!

vCash
    Manny Acosta is not good and there is a reason everyone besides YS voted to dump

vCash
    If we had someone better to replace him I'd vote dump with the rest of you.

vCash
    Even with the way Ramon Ramirez and Jon Rauch struggled, I'd rather have one of them than Manny Acosta again. He was a -1.2 WAR reliever for us this year.
    Yuck

vCash
    so you bring up xFIP, I know you are reaching for straws dude, you still can'y ignore all the other stats I mention.

You have brought up xFIP and BB% to make a case for Acosta, Ramirez was still better at LD%, K%, GB%, FIP, ERA, LOB%(which is big for reliever), HR/9. Hell, Ramirez BABIP was .390 which is very high compared to Acosta who had a reasonable .304 BABIP.

again to sit there and tell me that Acosta is the better option is pretty laughable dude specially considering age.

vCash
    Elvin Ramirez (25) and Manny Acosta (31)

Im going with the younger guy every time.

Acosta is a dime a dozen garbage time reliever.

He will do more harm than good over a long period of time.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast