Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What should the Mets do with Acosta?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep, Acostalypse needs to stay

1 5.88%
  • Dump, enough with him

16 94.12%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Manny Acosta

vCash
    If relievers are so inconsistent then why don't the Mets ever luck into a good bullpen? Surely if it's just dumb luck, we'd have a good bullpen as often as poor BP or an average BP?

I'm pretty tired of hearing this catch-all excuse for poor performing GM's.

vCash
    Please. We're talking detritus here. One of FOC's place-holders. Please.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    I may be wrong, but it appears Manny Acosta has received far more attention than what he deserves.

I beg, I plead with the mods. Please close this thread already......pretty please......ray:

C'mon guys, we're better than this......

I'd much rather talk about Anna Benson....

If We Can't Get Tulo Then Sign This Free Agent For Shortstop

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    I may be wrong, but it appears Manny Acosta has received far more attention than what he deserves.

I beg, I plead with the mods. Please close this thread already......pretty please......ray:

C'mon guys, we're better than this......

I'd much rather talk about Anna Benson....
    Only reason to miss Kris Benson..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    If relievers are so inconsistent then why don't the Mets ever luck into a good bullpen? Surely if it's just dumb luck, we'd have a good bullpen as often as poor BP or an average BP?

I'm pretty tired of hearing this catch-all excuse for poor performing GM's.
    It's about developing their own arms too.

Our farm system hasn't been good in recent years of developing bullpen arms until fairly recently.

You see a lot of these very good teams have good arms that come from their system, the Mets instead picked up the Luis Ayalas, Elmer Dessens, and the Ryota Igarashis of the world to pitch major innings.

That's why i am happy we have pitching depth in our minor league system, maybe some of the guys who don't develop in major league SP can develop into quality bullpen arms.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-01-2012 at 02:51 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    It's about developing their own arms too.

Our farm system hasn't been good in recent years of developing bullpen arms until fairly recently.

You see a lot of these very good teams have good arms that come from their system, the Mets instead picked up the Luis Ayalas, Elmer Dessens, and the Ryota Igarashis of the world to pitch major innings.

That's why i am happy we have pitching depth in our minor league system, maybe some of the guys who don't develop in major league SP can develop into quality bullpen arms.

True, there's some depth, but whop has come up and been as advertised recently? - Only Harvey and Niese really, and MH was a 1st round talent.

The Mets never have a good bullpen, so I refuse to buy this 'too hard to predict' routine every year. The Mets can't assess talent, that's the main problem here, they think the guys they sign Igirishi being a case in point are better than they are. They got what they deserved with fat Frank, Rauch was meh, and Ramirez let them down which was tough to predict.

When guys fail it takes them (SA) too long to replace them, Acosta being a classic example. They (SA) never want to make a move until it's too late.

So as well poor assessment of talent, they (SA) can't manage a roster properly either, how many times did he act with alacrity? how many times did they (SA) leave us short handed? The guy just sits there and lets BP arms blow game after game after game and he does nothing.

He left us short-handed for that Wash series, and the season fell off a cliff from there.

We're watching a masterclass in how not to run a baseball team here, when all is taken into consideration, the Mets are failing miserably year after year after year with their bullpen.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567