Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: What should the Mets do with Acosta?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep, Acostalypse needs to stay

    1 5.88%
  • Dump, enough with him

    16 94.12%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 96

Thread: Manny Acosta

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    79,771
    vCash
    1500
    He has been a bum the last 2 years period. Time to drop his ***.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    55,341
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    So now we are going to use career numbers? lol

    Now that I find funny given the fact that you would be the first to use the most recent numbers to make your point if the tables were turned or have we forgotten the Hundley/Soto/Thole debate.

    ...but now because the shoe is on the other side we are going to use career numbers because it helps your argument.

    lol

    ...but yes in fact Grillis career numbers are in fact worst than Acosta given the fact that the first half of his career he was pretty ****ing ******, till 2008.
    It's different for relief pitchers with how inconsistent they are.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    55,341
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    He has been a bum the last 2 years period. Time to drop his ***.
    Even last year he was not a bum, he had a 3.45 ERA with a 3.81 FIP and 3.60 xFIP lol

    I don't get it.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    79,771
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    It's different for relief pitchers with how inconsistent they are.
    lol, always grasping at straws I see.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    79,771
    vCash
    1500
    I do, he blows, time to drop his ***. enough with the **** corn rolls too.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    79,771
    vCash
    1500
    ...but as inconsistent as relievers are we are supposed to think that Acosta will somehow become consistently good over a year when he has had issues with doing that over a whole year? Yeah no

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    55,341
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    lol, always grasping at straws I see.
    lol

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    79,771
    vCash
    1500
    no more acostalypse

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    55,341
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I do, he blows, time to drop his ***. enough with the **** corn rolls too.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    22,223
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I do, he blows, time to drop his ***. enough with the **** corn rolls too.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    55,341
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    ...but as inconsistent as relievers are we are supposed to think that Acosta will somehow become consistently good over a year when he has had issues with doing that over a whole year? Yeah no
    No one can predict his performance. Just as we think he blows and will never be good again, watch him go to another team and tear **** up lol

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    79,771
    vCash
    1500
    If he does, then I can't and won't kill Alderson for it, but enough is enough with him. This pen needs to be totally rebuild and Acosta is a guy that needs to be let go.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    55,341
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    If he does, then I can't and won't kill Alderson for it, but enough is enough with him. This pen needs to be totally rebuild and Acosta is a guy that needs to be let go.
    We'll just have to agree to disagree. If finances were not such an issue, I'd be in 100% agreement with you.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    55,341
    vCash
    1500
    Just a look at Acosta's 2nd half numbers: 25.1 IP, 13 H, 5 R, 1 HR, 10 BB, 23 K, 1.78 ERA

    That is beast. I'd give him one last shot.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    Posts
    16,325
    vCash
    1500
    Acosta is garbage. He cannot pitch under pressure. His feats have been well-documented.

    The facts scream out......BUM.

    If We Can't Get Tulo Then Sign This Free Agent For Shortstop

    Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

    ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •