Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

HORNETS picks up Option on PG-Vasquez, declines Aminu & Henry

By John Reid, NOLA.com | The Times Picayune The Times-Picayune
    on October 29, 2012 at 2:34 PM, updated October 29, 2012 at 10:28 PM

The New Orleans Hornets picked up the fourth-year option on point guard Greivis Vasquez’s contract that will extend his current deal through the 2013-2014 season, the team confirmed Monday.

New Orleans Hornets point guard Greivis Vasquez drives past Houston Rockets point guard Jeremy Lin (7) during the preseason game between the Houston Rockets and New Orleans Hornets at the New Orleans Arena on Wednesday, October 24, 2012.

Michael DeMocker, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune The Hornets acquired Vasquez last December in a trade from the Memphis Grizzlies in exchange for Quincy Pondexter. Vasquez is expected to start Wednesday night’s opener against the San Antonio Spurs.

Vasquez is scheduled to make $1.1 million this season and it will increase to $2.1 million for the 2013-14 season with the Hornets picking up his option.

The Hornets, however, declined Monday to pick up the fourth-year options on forward Al Farouq Aminu and guard Xavier Henry’s contracts, a league source confirmed. The Hornets want to keep their options open regarding their salary cap space but they could re-sign Aminu and Henry at the end of this season.

If the Hornets would had picked up Aminu’s option, he would had been scheduled to make $3.7 million in 2013-14 although his contract pays him $2.9 million this season. Henry’s contract would had increased from $2.3 million this season to $3.2 million in 2013-14.

Aminu is expected to start Wednesday's opener against the Spurs, but he has struggled with consistency. Henry has struggled with several injuries since the Hornets obtained him last January from the Grizzlies in exchange for a 2013 second-round pick.

After the Hornets obtained forward Jason Smith from the Philadelphia 76ers in a trade in 2010, they did not pick up his option but still re-signed him before the start of last season when he agreed to a three-year deal that pays $2.5 million per season.
    I officially now have a "Stephen" following me!

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"
    "I'm gon get with ya every time u try to disrespect other Saints fans!"
    "I wish he opens his mouth!"
    "It's a new day Saints Forum!"

http://youtu.be/7AjWj91B7fo

Time Will Tell My Accuracy's

vCash
    little surprised on aminu..but I believe they will make a move for a SF over the offseason so I'm ok. love for them to resign him for less

vCash
    extra cash for FA plus X has been struggling and we can pick Aminu back up for cheaper, good move Dell & Monty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aussieNOHfan View Post
    extra cash for FA plus X has been struggling and we can pick Aminu back up for cheaper, good move Dell & Monty
    Agreed!

Lets get this site rolling Aussie. I'm not a big blogger, so it's on you bro. I've been trying but it's not me bruh, don't have the time to site by a computer. 95% of the time I'm on my phone and my hands are too big for the proper use of the keys.
    Last edited by BIGBREED; 10-31-2012 at 03:18 PM.
    I officially now have a "Stephen" following me!

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"
    "I'm gon get with ya every time u try to disrespect other Saints fans!"
    "I wish he opens his mouth!"
    "It's a new day Saints Forum!"

http://youtu.be/7AjWj91B7fo

Time Will Tell My Accuracy's

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    Agreed!

Lets get this site rolling Aussie. I'm not a big blogger, so it's on you bro. I've been trying but it's not me bruh, don't have the time to site by a computer. 95% of the time I'm on my phone and my hands are too big for the proper use of the keys.
    i'll try my best bro