Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • JJ Barea

9 27.27%
  • Luke Ridnour

24 72.73%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Barea should never run the offense, let alone start. He plays well, basically at SG, with a bigger guard that can run it. Then they can cover the SG while he covers the PG. I can see him and Roy or Schved playing well together, as long as he isn't in charge of the offense. I love a lot of things about JJ, but people have to realize what position/role he needs to be in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iamsteel View Post
    Barea should never run the offense, let alone start. He plays well, basically at SG, with a bigger guard that can run it. Then they can cover the SG while he covers the PG. I can see him and Roy or Schved playing well together, as long as he isn't in charge of the offense. I love a lot of things about JJ, but people have to realize what position/role he needs to be in.
    as I said, JJ simply needs to be around players who can space the floor, and are disciplined. If you give him open space, he can be effective as an off the ball player, but in all reality, he shouldn't even be playing PG.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    I am biased in favour of Barea. I like the way he plays, but he can get a little crazy (Not in a good way) fairly often. I guess time will tell though. Last season was a little weird in that most practice games where actual season games. I'd like to see what happens in a normal season. With a training camp under his belt, I had the impression that you guys werent so pissed off at the way Barea played in the preseason games. So...who knows? Hopefully he'll surprise usthis season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    defensively, neither is good. Luke melts through picks, and Barea is easy to shoot over, both are killed by quick guards. Barea does at least draw a high amount of charges, but his defense is not better to the point you overlook his inability to run an offense. I picked this from Barea's scouting report, it sums it up perfectly:
    Even that will be cut down with the new flopping rules the league has put in place.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom Listens View Post
    Even that will be cut down with the new flopping rules the league has put in place.
    This, but imo, his size will be an advantage in the new flopping rules. Because he is so small comparatively, it will still look like he is taking a charge, versus flopping. Its not like a 6'10" 250lbs guy is getting run over by a 6'1" -100lbs guard. It is still a 4' midget getting run over by a much bigger player. Is my point clear, i feel like i am not articulating it correctly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RubenG View Post
    I am biased in favour of Barea. I like the way he plays, but he can get a little crazy (Not in a good way) fairly often. I guess time will tell though. Last season was a little weird in that most practice games where actual season games. I'd like to see what happens in a normal season. With a training camp under his belt, I had the impression that you guys werent so pissed off at the way Barea played in the preseason games. So...who knows? Hopefully he'll surprise usthis season?
    not me. He still pounds the air out of the ball, and has terrible timing on his passes, likely because he has never been a passer, and instead an off the ball scorer. Which is exactly what he needs to be, off the bench.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom Listens View Post
    the way he does it though will still get calls. He puts both arms crossed in front of him, and when the opponent drives into him, they are actually creating contact, and with him being SO small, officials are going to give him a ton of calls, straight up.

vCash
    Everyone know it's Luke. JJ is a SG in a PG body. Whenever he plays...it's more like he will take the shot then find open teammates. JJ will be better in when we have Shved in also. Shved is pretty much the opposite to JJ, but what's different is Shved can make shots too.

vCash
    Unfortunately they are both pretty bad.

vCash
    So if we believe that barea is an off the ball player, does that mean he plays in lineups with shved (who will possible facilitate the offense)? If so that lineup probably has stiesma and cunningham on it for defense because our guard defense would be horrible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JeVo7 View Post
    Everyone know it's Luke. JJ is a SG in a PG body. Whenever he plays...it's more like he will take the shot then find open teammates. JJ will be better in when we have Shved in also. Shved is pretty much the opposite to JJ, but what's different is Shved can make shots too.
    haha you beat me to it I guess, but I had similar thoughts. My worry is their defense, but we actually have solid bench defenders now so maybe they can cover it up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by P Harvy View Post
    Unfortunately they are both pretty bad.
    Barrea is not bad. But he should not be your starting PG. That's all. He is great at being a spark off the bench.
    Also you/we haven't seen Shved yet. Don't rush to conclusions. Remember Pek's first season? Mind you that Shved is not as good as Pek is, but the point is that you have to wait.

United we Run

vCash
    Shved is pretty much the opposite to JJ, but what's different is Shved can make shots too.
    At this point Barea is a way better shooter than Shved, who was terrible in the preseason. With that said, I'm wondering how good Shved is going to be when he gets his shot going.

Wolves United

vCash
    Barea played great last night. Not so sure about Luke. Barea finished the game since Luke was playing poorly

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson25 View Post
    Barea played great last night. Not so sure about Luke. Barea finished the game since Luke was playing poorly
    Everybody can have a good game. Not everyone is consistant in having a good game. Lets just hope that JJ keeps playing well in the rest of the season

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast