Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trade Deadline

vCash
    When we drafted James, Ginn wasn't signed, Williams was just coming off the 2 fumbles against the Giants, and I do not think Gore had signed his extension yet. So at the time it looked like we had a need in those areas... but time has shown Gore is signed and healthy, Williams is looking better than ever, Ginn was resigned and looking good. This year has shown we have young and athletic guys already in those roles and we may not need James for another few years. And RB lose their value quickly as they get older. So it doesn't make any sense to sit a RB for a few years like it does a QB.

When Kapernick was drafted 2 years ago, the wildcat formation was the craze of the NFL. Smith hadn't signed his extension. Smith was coming off of a bad season. Since that time, Smith is the second winningest QB (last season and this season). Smith is still young for a quarterback, so very like to have 5 or 6 seasons left. So you do not just replace him with Kapernick unless he has shown himself to be better, and I just don't see that happening. So keeping him as our backup for the next 5 or 6 years does not make any sense.

Completely understand players need to sit sometimes. That is why I didn't include our first round WR in this list. He is going to be good, he just needs time to learn, and Crabtree is the only entrenched player infront of him. And I understand we need depth... but already have lots of quality depth at RB and I really like our 3rd string QB. I think his accurate passing and cerebral play make him a more idea backup because we would not have to change the game plan.

Again, not a knock on Kapernick at all, but I do not think we need him because of Smith's transformation at the QB position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raupie View Post
    When we drafted James, Ginn wasn't signed, Williams was just coming off the 2 fumbles against the Giants, and I do not think Gore had signed his extension yet. So at the time it looked like we had a need in those areas... but time has shown Gore is signed and healthy, Williams is looking better than ever, Ginn was resigned and looking good. This year has shown we have young and athletic guys already in those roles and we may not need James for another few years. And RB lose their value quickly as they get older. So it doesn't make any sense to sit a RB for a few years like it does a QB.

When Kapernick was drafted 2 years ago, the wildcat formation was the craze of the NFL. Smith hadn't signed his extension. Smith was coming off of a bad season. Since that time, Smith is the second winningest QB (last season and this season). Smith is still young for a quarterback, so very like to have 5 or 6 seasons left. So you do not just replace him with Kapernick unless he has shown himself to be better, and I just don't see that happening. So keeping him as our backup for the next 5 or 6 years does not make any sense.

Completely understand players need to sit sometimes. That is why I didn't include our first round WR in this list. He is going to be good, he just needs time to learn, and Crabtree is the only entrenched player infront of him. And I understand we need depth... but already have lots of quality depth at RB and I really like our 3rd string QB. I think his accurate passing and cerebral play make him a more idea backup because we would not have to change the game plan.

Again, not a knock on Kapernick at all, but I do not think we need him because of Smith's transformation at the QB position.
    Ginn re-singed in March...draft was in April. Gore signed his extension last offseason. He's in second yr of 3 yr deal right now.

vCash
    Who is even available for us to trade for? We have like no cap room this season anyways. And LOL at the idea of trading Kap or James.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Give me Jacobs over Dixon.
    Dixon at least helps out on special teams. I still like Dixon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    Dixon at least helps out on special teams. I still like Dixon
    I've been one of Dixon's biggest supporters since he's been here. But damn it, we need to play Jacobs. He's a huge weapon that we just are ignoring and its ridiculous
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    I'd rather keep Dixon active. He's one of our top 2-3 special teams players and he has improved as a RB this year. Why remove such an important special teams player from the active roster so that Jacobs can get a couple of carries per game? Even if Jacobs is active, he won't take many carries from Gore and Hunter who are both better than him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12