Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • San Francisco 49ers

15 100.00%
  • Arizona Cardinals

0 0%
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Week 8 Monday Night Football: San Francisco 49ers (5-2) @ Arizona Cardinals (4-3)

Code:
    San Francisco 49ers (5-2) @ Arizona Cardinals (4-3) Location: U of Phoenix Stadium Time: 8:30 PM PT Monday, October 29th TV: ESPN
    QB Comparison
    QB Rating Yards TD INT 61.5 456 1 3 John Skelton 93.9 1427 9 5 Alex Smith
    RB Comparison
    Yards Att. YPC TDs 164 58 2.8 0 Ryan Williams 601 103 5.8 4 Frank Gore
    WR Comparison
    Yards Rec AVG TDs 459 40 11.5 3 Larry Fitzgerald 368 34 10.8 1 Michael Crabtree
    Defensive Leaders
    Tackles Sacks INTs Daryl Washington Daryl Washington Patrick Peterson 62 6.0 3 Navorro Bowman Aldon Smith Dashon Goldson 67 5.5 2

vCash
    damn quick on the GDT nutty.

Anyway, I expect this to be a game where our DL dominates. AZ's OL has been beyond swiss cheese.

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    A lot of time to prepare for this game. Hope we get the big win going into the bye week. Take control of the division.

vCash
    Its going to be a close game as whenever we play at their house they play us really well. WE just need to control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball and we should be fine. With the Cardinals terrible offensive line we should be able to stop their run game and force Skelton into mistakes no problem. But its all about capitalizing on those turnovers.

49ers - 23
    Cardinals - 16
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 7-5
    Warriors = 16-2 Making it rain!
    A's =
    WINNING!

vCash
    I expect the 49ers to dominate this game. Yes, Arizona usually plays us well at home, but they have a lot of injuries and Skelton takes too many risks with the football. Also, for as strong as Arizona's defense looked starting off the year, they have given up 442 yards rushing (147.3 per game) over the last three weeks (all losses). They have been exposed in the running game. Adrian Peterson averaged 6.7 yards per carry against them last week; CJ Spiller was 7.3 yards per carry the week before; and Stephen Jackson was 4.2 the week before that. In terms of season stats, our offensive line is the best in run blocking considering that Gore is ranked #2 in yards per carry (5.8) and Hunter is ranked #3 (5.2). If Roman/Harbaugh stick with the running game, this shouldn't be a very tough game and we will head into the bye week 6-2. Here's my prediction: 49ers 27, Cardinals 6

vCash
    As long as the coaches don't out think themselves, we should win this game.

Safety help over top on Fitz and blitz the **** out of Skelton and force turn overs. And on offense, well....RUN THE ****ING BALL.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    As long as the coaches don't out think themselves, we should win this game.

Safety help over top on Fitz and blitz the **** out of Skelton and force turn overs. And on offense, well....RUN THE ****ING BALL.
    Hell, I like our chances every damn week if our coaches stay out of their own way. Use the run to set up the pass, not the other way around .

Both losses we came out slinging like Frank Gore didn't exist. Use your most trusty weapon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    Hell, I like our chances every damn week if our coaches stay out of their own way. Use the run to set up the pass, not the other way around .

Both losses we came out slinging like Frank Gore didn't exist. Use your most trusty weapon.
    Honestly, I think our best weapon is our Run Blocking Offensive Line. Why we get away from the run is beyond me. One of the dumbest things
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Honestly, I think our best weapon is our Run Blocking Offensive Line. Why we get away from the run is beyond me. One of the dumbest things
    And you are correct. I just think that Frank gets more out of the line then Hunter on a consistent basis. I'd like to see more of the GB type gameplan from week one. Or hell, give me more weeks like the Buffalo game. I'm easy to please.

vCash
    And you are correct. I just think that Frank gets more out of the line then Hunter on a consistent basis. I'd like to see more of the GB type gameplan from week one. Or hell, give me more weeks like the Buffalo game. I'm easy to please.
    I don't think we've seen what Hunter can really do. I want him to get the Gore kind of runs and see what happens. Everything is off tackle or a pitch with him. Bums me out

vCash
    I don't think we've seen what Hunter can really do. I want him to get the Gore kind of runs and see what happens. Everything is off tackle or a pitch with him. Bums me out
    Ya, I think we were talking about it after the game. Get Hunter a couple of those counters/traps. It always seems like a toss sweep with him. If its that obvious to us, it has to be for the opposition.

vCash
    Hunter is 3rd in the NFL among RBs in yards per carry. Gore is 2nd, so your statement is true, but not by much lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Hunter is 3rd in the NFL among RBs in yards per carry. Gore is 2nd, so your statement is true, but not by much lol
    Hey, as long as I'm right, I'm good.

vCash
    I think Hunter get's up to speed faster than Gore does, but right now Gore has better vision between the tackles. I always wench we we do the toss sweep to Gore, and it almost never works. But when I see Gore hit the whole I keep waiting for him to break off those 20+ yard runs.

With the Cards Run D being 20th in the league against the run, and 4th against the pass... I can assume (please coaches don't make an *** out of you and me) we are going to see a HEAVY dose of Gore, Hunter and others in the run game.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    I will be at this game, and a friend (49er fan) from NY is also flying in for this game... should be fun.

The Cardinals have two weaknesses after watching their defeat in Minnesota, and what they've done over their last 3 games. They can't pass protect for squat. Their O-line is that bad. The 49ers pass rush hasn't done much lately, and so this will be a critical part of the game.

The other thing is stopping the run. The cardinals haven't been as good in this dept. Don't try to throw at Patrick Peterson, run the football... Frankly the way Alex has been playing, I'm perfectly fine with 3 straight running plays.

Last year Skelton torched Goldson and the secondary as Fitzgerald beat the 49ers. They have more offensive weapons in the receiving game, so it will be critical to get to Skelton. If he gets the time that Eli and Russell Wilson got, it could be trouble.

I'll watch carefully what Alex is looking at in the passing game. Open options, reads, etc...
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast