Bunch of folks have been asking about this and it's probably time to start it up.
We just need to set some ground rules before getting things rolling. Last time we had the payroll set to around 145 Million, but I doubt it will be that high this year.
2012 opening payroll was 109 Million, so would anybody say 120 is a decent number to go with? Although we're only at around 40 million pre-arbitration so it might not need to go over 110.
We also need to put guesses on the arbitration eligible guys, who are:
James Russell, Luis Valbuena, Ian Stewart, Shark and Matt Garza.
Payroll obligations so far are:
Comes out to 49.11 million payroll currently, with one FA who is Shawn Camp.1) Alfonso Soriano- 19 Million
2) Carlos Marmol 9.8 Million
3) David DeJesus- 4.250 Million
4) Starlin Castro- 5.8 Million
5) Jorge Soler- 1.66 Million
6) Gerardo Concepcion- 1.2 Million
7) Darwin Barney- 500k this year (probably goes up to 1 Million as a pre-arb
8) Michael Bowden- 400k
9) Tony Campana- 400k
10) Brian LaHair- 400k
11) Steve Clevenger- 400k
12) Anthony Rizzo- 400k
13) Rafael Dolis- 400k
14) Lendy Castillo- 400k
15) Arodys Vizcaino- 400k
16) Jeff Beliveau- 400k
17) Wellington Castillo- 400k
18) Brett Jackson- 400k
19) Josh Vitters- 400k
20) Brooks Raley- 400k
21) Chris Rusin- 400k
22) Travis Wood- 400k
23) Alberto Cabrera - 400k
The voting criteria previously were:
But I think we might need to change them around to better fit the current situation, so thats open to suggestions.A ) Realistic and Playoff Contender
B ) Realistic but not a contender
C ) Realistic and World Series Contender
D ) Unrealistic
Only rules are:
- You must adhere to the set payroll or else the mock will not count
- Your roster must include 25 players, with at least 5 starting pitchers
- Mocks will be posted on a first come first serve basis and we'll set a certain deadline for submission
This thread will be to get the arbitration numbers set, to specifiy the payroll and to put a deadline for submission. Any other suggestion or advice are welcome. Anybody is allowed to participate and multiple users can work on one together, so if you're seeing this and don't have an account sign up and make your own.
Once we have it set you guys can send it to my inbox and I'll post them.