Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

2013 Manager Hunt

I am surprised this topic has not come up yet ! So I will start it , this team needs a fresh start for the American league and I say the best thing it can do for its fan base is go after Terry Francona or maybe even Ryne Sanburgh as the teams new Manager ? The fans do not deserve another disgusting season and Terry Francona is a winning manager who knows the American League. Ryne Sanburgh has been worthy of a Managing opportunity for years who knows the game .
    Last edited by navysoxfan; 08-21-2012 at 02:10 AM.

vCash
    I am not sure about the Ryne Sandburg pick, but Terry Francona would be an interesting fit. He knows the AL well but he is not use to having horrible baseball players. There isn't much talent on the team so the manager will have to get the most out of what he has. I actually like the Francona choice.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    I am not sure about the Ryne Sandburg pick, but Terry Francona would be an interesting fit. He knows the AL well but he is not use to having horrible baseball players. There isn't much talent on the team so the manager will have to get the most out of what he has. I actually like the Francona choice.
    I am die hard Cub hater but , I have always respected Ryne sanburghs hall of fame playing career and outstanding minor league managerial record. This man can bring the Astros back to the top and they better get him before the Cubs do because they are not much better than the Astros this year. Terry Francona would be great because the team will need all the help it can get learning about American League with a world series winner .

vCash
    I wasn't aware of Ryne's minor league manager background. I still like Francona he is a good baseball guy. What this team needs is a quality veteran coach that will teach the team how to play ball at a pro level. I still think we have growing pains ahead of us but a good manager will get more out of what we have on the field right now.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    I wasn't aware of Ryne's minor league manager background. I still like Francona he is a good baseball guy. What this team needs is a quality veteran coach that will teach the team how to play ball at a pro level. I still think we have growing pains ahead of us but a good manager will get more out of what we have on the field right now.
    And that is how you build a baseball team !

vCash
    Francona is used to coaching crappy teams, he managed in the minors prior to the Red Sox.

vCash
    Brad Mills was Francona's bench coach in Boston and they still remain very close friends. Francona will not be the next manager of the Astros. If you didn't like Mills then why would you want Francona? They are built from the same managerial mold.

vCash
    You guys want Bruce Bochy?

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Out of the candidates we know about, I want either Ausmus or Dave Martinez. I think Bogar would be a hard sell given the Red Sox problems this year and that our previous manager was also a former Red Sox bench coach.

Martinez as manager and Ausmus as a pitching coach would be crazy dope but I don't see Ausmus coming back to do anything but manage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    no offense but the Spurs are freakin' communists bro. They should get with Stern's capitalist agenda like NOW

vCash
    Ken Rosenthal says it's Nationals 3B coach Bo Porter. Cool beans.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/H...e-coach-092612
    Last edited by Giraffes Rule; 09-27-2012 at 12:59 AM.
    no offense but the Spurs are freakin' communists bro. They should get with Stern's capitalist agenda like NOW

vCash
    Will miss Bo Porter in Washington but I'm glad to see him get his chance. Was a finalist the past two years for the Pirates and Marlins jobs. His name was also floated around in DC, more as a formality, since Davey Johnson was expected to be the man.

Wish him all the best! Hopefully he helps get Houston back on track!

vCash
    The new Astro owners are no better than Tom Ricketts the Chicago Cubs owner ! He does not care if the Cubs win as long as he fills the ballpark up every gameday for the Wrigley Field Expirence. The Astros are the only Baseball team in Houston they control the baseball market and know the fans will show up anyway, so why bother paying a few exta bucks getting a Good Proven Expirenced Manager , good players , make great trades or sign the right free agents. Win or mostly lose Astro fans who deserve better are going to show up to fill Minuete Maid up anyway . Bo Porter come on! They sign a 3rd base coach from the Nationals who are having their Very first winning season ! They should have Signed someone from Any of the American league teams for the 2013 AL transition that knows AL game theory and it's teams. They should have went after anyone their New AL rivals ,2 time AL Champions Texas Rangers ,Yankees ,Angels ,Tigers, White Sox ,Oakland or Tampa Bay . This Team Management Decision is Brad Mills part 2 ! A 3rd wasted season and more embarrassing deafeats .This is a let down becouse we had high hopes for a great new manager .The new owner does not want to win any division titles or a worlds series for Houstons faithful fans ,It's all about profits ,having a seat at MLB owners table ,broadcasting revenue shares. So screw the fans they will show up anyway? The new Astro and Cubs owners must be members of the same Country Club or Secret members of the Sacred order of the Skulls.
    Last edited by navysoxfan; 09-27-2012 at 08:39 PM.

vCash
    Uh... Astros attendance has been consistently setting the record for lowest announced attendance in MMP history this season. Don't know how you expect them to magically right a ship that was such a horrible cluster**** when he took over. They're investing in the right places right now. You can't see it at the major league level, but they are.

vCash
    Navy you couldn't be farther from the truth.
    Jeff Luhnow knows baseball, and Bo Porter is a nice hire. First let's look at the cardinals they have a rookie manager, so does the white sox. Now based on the moves he made I would trust him with hiring the next manager.
    Now you said that we should've gotten an Al experienced manager that knows the teams, well then why are we paying the scouts money? Plus the only thing that changes I'd the dh.
    Luhnow has a plan, Crain believes in him enough with his money so, so should we and be patient.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bHlTaOsWtNin View Post
    Navy you couldn't be farther from the truth.
    Jeff Luhnow knows baseball, and Bo Porter is a nice hire. First let's look at the cardinals they have a rookie manager, so does the white sox. Now based on the moves he made I would trust him with hiring the next manager.
    Now you said that we should've gotten an Al experienced manager that knows the teams, well then why are we paying the scouts money? Plus the only thing that changes I'd the dh.
    Luhnow has a plan, Crain believes in him enough with his money so, so should we and be patient.
    Robin Ventura had no managerial or coaching background before taking over the White Sox , but he had a outstanding Career with the team and had been a trusted member and baseball Consultant for the White Sox family (as they call it) long after he retired . The White sox have a history of using past popular players on it's managerial and coaching staff and that is how he was chosen for the Chi Sox . Choosing a unproven or unheard of Manager to manage your multimillion fan based team to lead does not mean that lightning will strike in same place twice like it did for Robin. The Astros need to follow the Examples of let's say the Yankees when it come time to choose another Manager or Gm in the next two seasons. Thats right 2 more loseing seasons along with Carlos Lee coming back to Houston because they need a Designated Hitter for the American League.
    Last edited by navysoxfan; 09-28-2012 at 05:33 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast