Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Simple Way to Improve the Bench

Play Nash as much as possible with the bench. Thoughts?

vCash
    He's old brah. 32-34 minutes max to keep those legs fresh for the playoffs.

vCash
    the princeton is suited better for the bench

vCash
    i have thought of playing nash off the bench because of his age and his impact to bench players.... but that's just a dream

vCash
    The bench needs a good 6th man. The dropoff from our worst starter to our best bench player is too big. Its like we are throwing a second tier team out there. That, and No one knows their role on the bench.

vCash
    The bench is fine, remember that what you saw in the pre-season will only happen in blow outs as 2 maybe 3 of our starters will always be on the court, that is the beautiful thing about the Lakers squad this year...

ps.. Fire Brown.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LakerPride View Post
    i have thought of playing nash off the bench because of his age and his impact to bench players.... but that's just a dream

And who starts at PG?????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LakerPride View Post
    LINSANITY

vCash
    Unfortunately Nash needs to play the least minutes of Kobe, Gasol, Howard, and Nash. I think what you do is just always try to have one 1-2 of these guys on the court all the time (like others have mentioned).

Possible substitution pattern for these 4:

Nash 1st & 3rd: 8 in/4 out, 2nd & 4th: 5 out/7 in (total 30 minutes)
    Kobe 1st & 3rd: 5 in/7 out, 2nd & 4th: 12 in (total 34 minutes)
    Dwight 1st & 3rd: 12 in, 2nd & 4th: 5 out/7 in (total 38 minutes)
    Gasol 1st & 3rd: 6 in/6 out, 2nd & 4th: 2 out/ 10 in (total 32 minutes)

vCash
    I think there's too much binary thinking in this forum.

Yes, there are "starters" and there is a "bench", but it's almost never the case that one whole group replaces the other like a shift change at a factory. Instead, you have a starter or two take a rest, and they're replaced by the subs at those positions, who play with the starters still on the floor.

It will probably be the case that Nash plays minutes with some of the bench players, and it will probably be the case that Blake pllays minutes with some of the starters -- and I think that's probably a good thing in terms of keeping more pressure on the opposing team's defense. But Nash will still play the majority of his minutes with the starting line-up, and particularly in the 4th quarter.

vCash
    Mike Brown said Howard or Gasol will be on the floor with the bench at all times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GailGoodrich View Post

Yes, there are "starters" and there is a "bench", but it's almost never the case that one whole group replaces the other like a shift change at a factory. Instead, you have a starter or two take a rest, and they're replaced by the subs at those positions, who play with the starters still on the floor.

It will probably be the case that Nash plays minutes with some of the bench players, and it will probably be the case that Blake pllays minutes with some of the starters -- and I think that's probably a good thing in terms of keeping more pressure on the opposing team's defense. But Nash will still play the majority of his minutes with the starting line-up, and particularly in the 4th quarter.
    Exactly. I have been saying this for what feels like months now.

What we saw in the pre season was an experiment. Brown wanted to see how players fit in different situations. Now, Brown will start forming a rotation.

-What has become evident over the past few weeks is that the majority of posters have never watched the preseason in full.

vCash
    Why do you people think that the bench unit will all play at the same time while all the starters rest all the time? That's so stupid.

I'm sure 2 starters will be with the bench at all times. May it be kobe-gasol, nash-dwight, kobe-dwight, nash-gasol.

Unless Mike brown is completely dumb then yeah we will see a full 5 man bench mob out there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GailGoodrich View Post

This exactly. If anyone has coaching experience you'd agree 100%

Being banned is like going to a correctional facility, it doesn't correct anything, in fact, it makes you worse

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Storch View Post

Unless Mike brown is completely dumb .
    well, about that...uhh....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast