Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 47 of 73 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I dont know, A guy like Hopkins or Patterson would give seattle a true #1 like they dont really have. Rice is better as a 2.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThUnDeR HaWk View Post
    I dont know, A guy like Hopkins or Patterson would give seattle a true #1 like they dont really have. Rice is better as a 2.
    Rice is a true #1! Hopkins will best a #2 at best.

Seattle Seahawks, Boise State, Notre Dame, Boston Celtics, Boston Bruins, Seattle Mariners, Seattle Supersonics

vCash
    Thats a pretty bold, and possibly uneducated prediction. Sid is great, but not some big time, top of the league, #1 target.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Rice is a legit #1 WR, no question.

vCash
    I'm actually kinda game for Keenan Allen, but I really think Da'rick Rodgers is exactly what we need on the cheap. We can get him in the 2nd easily and a TE as well. If we trade down with a team like say the Ravens or Patriots and lets even say the beginning of the second. There are a lot of things going on in the 2nd rd and like we have stated before that Pete and John are very good at evaluating the draft. Pete is in his fourth year and we are in the midst of a SB. Now if we could get there in 13' that would be phenomenal, then in Pete's 5th year and Schneiders 5th year they are both extended and we get the best DE in next years draft after moving up to get Jadeaveon Clowney... Move red to NG and plug holes. All I could say is wow to that idea. All thoughts and nothing final, just my opinion.

vCash
    Hes a #1 that doesnt get thrown to like one. Idk, if Patterson or hopkins are there when seattle picks, id go for them at 25. DT and DE can be addressed later in the draft, but an impact reciever in the first would be great for seattle, not some developmental prospect with good intangibles that may or may not turn out. Howd Kris Durham work out?

vCash
    Rice held up very well this year especially after a couple of those vicious hits early on. However Wildons QB play has made it easier and less physical on our receivers. Rice to me with a full year of Wilson and an open play book could easily make him around 1500 yds next season, also I think a couple other receivers and maybe a TE could very well be over a 1000 as well.

vCash
    It's a wasted pick if the right one isn't there. Our biggest need is a DE/DT. One of those two need to be addressed first. Without JJ and CC, we were crap. We need depth in a major way via draft or via FA...

vCash
    Meant to say Wilson's QB play

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Thats a pretty bold, and possibly uneducated prediction. Sid is great, but not some big time, top of the league, #1 target.
    I'd agree, but where are we going to get one? Hell, I don't think we need one. I think we're better off with nabbing a speedy TE. Drafting wide receivers is risky, and there's a shortage of them available already in the NFL.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    This is a very deep draft for WR. Pete and John have their pick of a lot of starting caliber WR. Maybe no one that will be better than rice, but someone close.

If you don't have a top of the league WR, should try to have 2-3 #1-2 types.

vCash
    The Championship teams don't really have a great #1 WR. Their WR corps are comparable to ours. I still want a deep threat WR though.

What What!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThUnDeR HaWk View Post
    Hes a #1 that doesnt get thrown to like one. Idk, if Patterson or hopkins are there when seattle picks, id go for them at 25. DT and DE can be addressed later in the draft, but an impact reciever in the first would be great for seattle, not some developmental prospect with good intangibles that may or may not turn out. Howd Kris Durham work out?
    How'd Golden Tate or Doug Baldwin work out?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Uneducated? I made a prediction, thus simply being a prediction. Don't you make predictions? When was the last time you said Seattle was gonna win and they didn't? I guarantee you have been wrong more times than right. That's basically everyone. Hopkins is good, but if you don't think Rice is a #1 WR then more than likely Hopkins won't.

Ok how about this. What's your thought of a #1 WR? Off the top of my head I am going to say Megatron, Julio Jones, Andre Johnson, Brandon Marshall, among others. Johnson is 6'5 236, Andre 6'3 230, Julio Jones 6'3 230, B-Marsh 6'4 230. When I think of a true #1 WR I think of those big physical athletic WR's. Rice is very much in there. What is Hopkins? 6'0 200. Rice, if healthy is a #1 WR hands down no doubt in my mind. OBTW Rice is 6'4 202.

Seattle Seahawks, Boise State, Notre Dame, Boston Celtics, Boston Bruins, Seattle Mariners, Seattle Supersonics

vCash
    I am not saying you are wrong. I am saying that you are probably jumping to a conclusion that cannot be supported very much. You didnt say it as a prediction. You said it as a fact. If you think Rice is in the same category as those guys, you are being a homer, plain and simple. He is a second tier guy, not in the same league as Jones, Marshall, CJ etc.

I think rice is probably borderline #1. But I think Hopkins or Patterson could be just as good or better. Size isn't the only factor involved in being a good WR as you asserted. You don't have to be huge to be a great reciever. It can help for sure, but it's not required. It's also about speed, hands, routes, jumping, and strength. I find it hard to believe that you don't value those, but that's what it looks like

Sid is tall, but he doesn't have the overall size of the guys you named, so I am not sure what point you are trying to make. Hopkins weighs the same despite being 3 inches shorter. There are lots of good WR who aren't big. Jennings, Roddy White, etc.
    Last edited by jej; 02-05-2013 at 12:00 AM.

Page 47 of 73 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast