Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 40 of 73 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    That's if Revis can stay on the field.
    ?
    I personally like Richardson if he is there, or Kawann Short if not. Both good pass rushers, but can effectively stop the run as well.

1. Short, DT
    2. Rodgers, WR
    3. Menelik Watson, T
    4. Jelani Jenkins, OLB or Gavin Escobar, TE
    I've heard great things about Jenkins. I personally think that could be the guy we pick. I am trying to think of a wild card guy. PC and JS said they really like the junior class of LB. So maybe they take a shot at him in the first. He may be available in the 2nd, but how they value players and may be afraid he's not there.

I would love 1) Hunt or Floyd/Richardson 2) Jenkins

PSD NFL Mock Draft | Seattle Seahawks GM
    2nd Demarcus Lawrence DE/OLB Boise State
    3rd Martavis Bryant WR Clemson
    3rd Trai Turner OG LSU
    4th Brent Urban DT Virginia
    4th Terrence West RB Towson
    5th Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    7th Laurent Duvernay-Tardif OT McGill (Canada)

vCash

3rd Trai Turner OG LSU

vCash
    I personally like Richardson if he is there, or Kawann Short if not. Both good pass rushers, but can effectively stop the run as well.

1. Short, DT
    2. Rodgers, WR
    3. Menelik Watson, T
    4. Jelani Jenkins, OLB or Gavin Escobar, TE
    I like Escobar quite a bit, as well, but a name I'm on the lookout for as far as tight ends go is Joseph Fauria, one of the top tight ends in the Pac-12 this last season with twelve touchdowns. I'm really not sure where to expect him, as CBS has him ranked as a seventh round talent but I've seen him mocked anywhere from the fourth to sixth rounds..

Regardless, I think Fauria could be a big-time redzone weapon if there's any development left in him. He's got great hands, Gronk's size and terrorized the teams inside the redzone all season long.

vCash
    God damn, Revis and Sherman would just be scary good.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    The Jets DID entertain signing Nnamdi Asomugha, so maybe. That'd be crazy.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by seahawks509 View Post
    ?

I've heard great things about Jenkins. I personally think that could be the guy we pick. I am trying to think of a wild card guy. PC and JS said they really like the junior class of LB. So maybe they take a shot at him in the first. He may be available in the 2nd, but how they value players and may be afraid he's not there.

I would love 1) Hunt or Floyd/Richardson 2) Jenkins
    Revis gets hurt all the time. That's what I was saying..

I don't think Jenkins is worth a first round pick at all. I know it's all up in the air with this team, but he isn't a 1st round talent. Maybe not even 2nd round. I thinks it's a little TOO much of a reach, even for us. And the Will LB isn't a big enough need to go there with a reach in the first round.

Groz thinks we will trade up and take a DE. I'm just not sure that a DE should come on the first. We will have 4 guys trying to get regular PT for 2 years. Would have to be a LEO too right?
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Revis gets hurt all the time. That's what I was saying..

I don't think Jenkins is worth a first round pick at all. I know it's all up in the air with this team, but he isn't a 1st round talent. Maybe not even 2nd round. I thinks it's a little TOO much of a reach, even for us. And the Will LB isn't a big enough need to go there with a reach in the first round.

Groz thinks we will trade up and take a DE. I'm just not sure that a DE should come on the first. We will have 4 guys trying to get regular PT for 2 years. Would have to be a LEO too right?
    An ACL tear and a minor hamstring incident. Not injury prone at all. jenkins is a freak athlete and that alone will move him up. All I have heard about him is how brutal he is. We will see but I wouldn't be surprised if he moves up the board fast. I don't see us trading up. If we do it will definately be DE and I do think we go either DT or DE first round. It's gonna be a pash rusher for sure.

3rd Trai Turner OG LSU

vCash
    An ACL tear is scary stuff. I definitely think it will hurt his value. He definitely is more injury prone now than a lot of guys are.

vCash
    Sure it hurts but it doesn't anything away from him

3rd Trai Turner OG LSU

vCash
    I think it might. People don't know for sure what he will be. Not everyone is like AP. But who knows I guess.

vCash
    Some good commentary on the Seahawks philosophy and needs on the D-line:
    Red Bryant was a major doubt for the Chicago Bears game due to injury. When asked who would replace Bryant at defensive end, Carroll answered Alan Branch. Greg Scruggs would fill in at three technique.

Bryant is 323lbs and Branch is listed at 325lbs. I found it pretty fascinating that Carroll was so determined to keep size at that position. He could’ve started Scruggs or Jason Jones at defensive end – with both seemingly capable of acting as a more orthodox five-technique. Instead he wanted to move an interior lineman to the outside at the expense of giving up 50lbs at tackle.

The role of Bryant has become pretty integral to this team. While some fans have questioned his impact this year, especially in light of the inconsistent pressure up front, there’s no doubt that Carroll intends to stick with this plan. He wants Bryant outside for a reason (we’ll come on to that in a moment). As a result, he’s also prepared to have a pretty unbalanced pass rush when using the base defense.

We discussed last week how important it was for Seattle to find more pressure within this scheme. Carroll and Gus Bradley are only rushing four most of the time. They aren’t blitzing all that much. It seems to me that they want to max out the potential for turnovers by playing tight against the run on early downs and putting teams into 3rd and long situations. And when they’re in third and long, they turn to speed. Bruce Irvin and Jason Jones join Chris Clemons for the ‘money down’. You can play nickel, you can create a situation where the chances of a turnover are increased. Quick pressure, force the mistake and have enough people in coverage to capitalise. It makes a lot of sense.

However – when teams are prepared to pass on early downs, quarterbacks are having a lot of time in the pocket. In the base defense, the line consists of Bryant, Branch, Clemons and Brandon Mebane. That’s a lot of size, but also a total reliance on Clemons for pressure. If you’re keeping Bryant in the line-up – and Pete Carroll is keeping Bryant in the line-up – the only place you can upgrade to create more pressure is defensive tackle.

The 4-3 under defense that Carroll is using lends a lot of weight to the philosophy created by Monte Kiffin. You shift the tackles away from the heart and strength of the offensive line, thus making it very difficult to double team the three-technique tackle. The nose tackle (Brandon Mebane) plays off the shoulder of the center. That, theoretically, creates a situation where the three technique and the LEO (Chris Clemons) are in 1vs1 situations with the left guard and left tackle. And that’s where the team is going to have success.

It does leave you light on one side of the line, which is why I think they like Red Bryant so much. He’s a space eater, he draws attention. And with the rest of the line favouring one side, there’s always the possibility you become easy to run against. Bryant takes away that advantage with his size. So while we can sit here and complain about a lack of pass-rush, Bryant is actually doing his job by simply stopping this team getting gashed consistently. He makes everything else tick. And his role will increase in importance the moment Seattle actually has a three technique who creates pressure.

Alan Branch isn’t a terrible defensive tackle. He’s just not a pass rusher. He’s playing 20-30lbs heavier than a prototypical three-technique and he doesn’t get a lot of penetration. Seattle should try and retain Branch as a useful rotational piece and a potential backup if Bryant or Mebane goes down. But really, he has to be upgraded on the base defense for this unit to maximise its potential. The Seahawks need a 290-300lbs three technique who won’t give up the run advantage they get with Branch, but can also take advantage of the scheme. As soon as you get someone collapsing the pocket inside, that’s when you’ll see the best of this defense.
    http://seahawksdraftblog.com/sheldon...deal-2013-pick

vCash
    I want Sheldon Richardson now. What would it take to move up to 15 or so if necessary to get him?

vCash
    Calculate it here.

http://www.prosportstransactions.com...Years/2013.htm

http://www.sportznutz.com/nfl/draft/...alue_chart.htm

It'd take probably a swap of firsts, a second, and a couple lower picks.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Oh, I thought you said move up 15, not to #15. That might only take our first and second.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    So thus far this is what I've been able to do in the PSD 2013 NFL Mock:

Round One: Cordarelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
    Round Two: Markus Wheaton, WR, Oregon State
    Round Three: Sean Porter, LB, Texas A&M
    Round Four: David Bakhtiari, T/G, Colorado
    Round Five: Gavin Escobar, TE, San Diego State

Now I know some of you aren't fans of my first two picks, but thoughts on how the rest has unfolded and suggestions for the sixth and seventh rounds? I want to snag Joe Kruger from Utah in the seventh round if he is there to help with D-line depth.

Page 40 of 73 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast