Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Just as long as no one mentions Marcus Davis. The dude has great size, but doesn't believe in blocking. I cant remember who it was, but someone posted a video of him NOT blocking. Not a team player!
    I GOT THIS!!!
    "THE SEPARATION IS IN THE PREPARATION"

vCash
    What exactly is the three tech supposed to do? Anything in particular, or is that just another name for the 2nd DT?
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    How good would dockett look in hawks blue? Speculation in the local media is that the cards may move on from him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    What exactly is the three tech supposed to do? Anything in particular, or is that just another name for the 2nd DT?
    Lines up outside shade of the offensive guard and is responsible for the gap in front of him. He's generally asked to try to penetrate more often than a 1 tech, which is what Mebane plays (lined up shaded off the center). I believe Mebane is responsible for two gaps usually so he's asked to control o-lineman and his gaps while Jason Jones may be asked to penetrate and either turn a play back inside or rush the QB.

Pete Carroll's scheme is complicated because he uses a hybrid and also commonly uses two completely different personnel packages with completely different responsibilities, but the simple answer is that of the two DT's the three tech is supposed to be the better pass rusher. He's generally going to be more agile while the 1 tech will be stronger.

I don't claim to fully understand Pete's defense, but there's a lot of people who have tried to break it down over the years.

I think what I'm more talking about when I say we need a 3 tech is just the role of DT who can penetrate and rush the QB. The Jason Jones role.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by seasun62 View Post
    How good would dockett look in hawks blue? Speculation in the local media is that the cards may move on from him.
    Yeah, that'd be nice. I hate him so much, but he's one of the best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    A 3-tech is suppose to rush the QB and wreak havoc, 1 tech (Mebane) is suppose to clog. Jason Jones did a great job as his quickness would collapse the middle of the OL. When outer OL collapse in, it creates openings for the edge rushers.
    I GOT THIS!!!
    "THE SEPARATION IS IN THE PREPARATION"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    Yeah, that'd be nice. I hate him so much, but he's one of the best.
    While I think he quit on the coaching staff down here, I believe he'd thrive under Pete. Probable double digit sack at tackle in that scheme.

vCash
    I would welcome Darnell Dockett here. You can never have too many quality players along your DL. It's a shame he's could be a cap casualty when the new regime arrives in Arizona

Props To CheapTrikz For The Sig

vCash
    Dockett takes the Hawks D to the next level. Perfect fit and the kind of ruthless personality you look for in a DT. Imagine him and Red lined up early in the series followed by Dockett/Irvin on passing downs.

vCash
    Dockett takes the Hawks D to the next level. Perfect fit and the kind of ruthless personality you look for in a DT. Imagine him and Red lined up early in the series followed by Dockett/Irvin on passing downs.
    Our D would be that much more lethal with Dockett as another piece to utilize in the equation

Props To CheapTrikz For The Sig

vCash
    Haynesworth would have been nice.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    uhg no to Haynesworth. I hate that bum.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crzyhawk View Post
    uhg no to Haynesworth. I hate that bum.
    Haynesworth 6 years ago...

vCash
    Yeah I obviously am not interested him anymore.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Another guy I like is Deandre Hopkins, WR, Clemson. He's fast as hell and has great hands. Might be available in the 2nd rd.

Page 22 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast