Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 7 of 73 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 1090
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Edwards AFB, CA
    Posts
    6,515
    vCash
    1500
    Quinton Patton or DeAndre Hopkins will be options in the 2nd rd hopefully. Watch the videos in my sig...
    I GOT THIS!!!
    "THE SEPARATION IS IN THE PREPARATION"

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Auburn/B'ham, WA
    Posts
    14,469
    vCash
    1500
    http://www.fieldgulls.com/2012/11/17...ts-for-seattle

    Very good Field Gulls article from Rob Staton.

    I really like the idea of drafting Alec Ogletree. He is the same exact height and weight, except he's a better athlete. Drafting him gives us the option of moving Kam to SAM, or just having a freak in Ogletree at SAM. Staton said in the article that Ogletree is a former safety. He would be a top 10 pick but he failed a drug test and got arrested for stealing a scooter helmet

    Chancellor played some linebacker at Virginia Tech and fell during the 2010 draft in part because he was considered too big to feature in the secondary. It's easy to forget he ended up a fifth round pick, despite early projections to go in round three. We never got to find out whether the Seahawks were serious about moving a Pro Bowl safety to linebacker, but Ogletree's potential presence in next year's draft is intriguing. He has Chancellor's size, but he's an even better athlete.

    Two weeks ago Ogletree put in a flawless display against Ole Miss. On one occasion he flashed speed off the edge to beat the left tackle and force a huge sack on third down. He forced a turnover on downs after reading a WR screen, sprinting from the right hash mark to the far left side of the field and delivering a crunching hit inches from the first down marker. He made a 25-yard drop in coverage to make a leaping interception. And in the closing stages of the third quarter he forced a safety by sealing the edge and exploding to hit the running back in the end zone.

    In that one game, Ogletree flashed an entire repertoire of elite skills. Speed, recognition, field IQ and execution. He can rush the passer, he can drop into coverage. On tape, he is the very definition of a top-ten NFL draft pick.

    However, there are some concerns. He was suspended for four games at the start of the season, along with team mate Bacarri Rambo, after failing a drugs test at spring camp. It's something teams will look into particularly given it's not his first flirtation with trouble. He was also suspended in 2010 for one game after a bizarre arrest following an incident involving a stolen scooter helmet.

    If the character concerns force a fall in the first round, he becomes a more realistic option for the Seahawks. That should be considered a dream scenario for this team. At times this season Seattle has struggled to get off the field on third down. The Seahawks actually play a lot of nickel coverage on third down, taking the WILL linebacker off the field. Ogletree could allow the defensive staff to use more base defense, as he provides untapped potential as a pass rusher and good coverage skills. If they still want to use a lot of nickel, Ogletree could line up off the edge (especially useful for the future when Chris Clemons eventually moves on) or even remain in one of the two linebacker spots due to his athleticism and covering ability.

    Ogletree has the potential to be a difference maker at linebacker - in the same way Julian Peterson was an X-Factor for so many years. There aren't many ways to upgrade a defense that is already moving towards elite status, but drafting this guy would do just that. If you're going to pine for any player this year, I'd recommend Alec Ogletree.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs



  3. #93
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    17,978
    vCash
    1150
    We need a receiver and tackle those come first.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Edwards AFB, CA
    Posts
    6,515
    vCash
    1500
    In a loss today, Q. Patton had 11-181-0
    I GOT THIS!!!
    "THE SEPARATION IS IN THE PREPARATION"

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Auburn/B'ham, WA
    Posts
    14,469
    vCash
    1500
    Ogletree is my guy. He's a freak.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs



  6. #96
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,951
    vCash
    1500
    I think we go WR or TE first round.

    What What!!

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fife, WA
    Posts
    23,191
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle4Ever View Post
    Well we don't even have an elite lineman. Okung is getting there, Unger is really good, but we need to make a move on a lineman whether it's in the draft or through free agency. Trade too. Giacomini doesn't now how to act and Carp is too slow at RT.

    I think the only route to go is to either draft a lineman as high as possible, or to sign one in FA.

    EDIT: I do agree that I don't see us doing it, either. I'd advise it if we can't some other way.
    I disagree. I think Okung is a probowler this year and possibly Unger too. Breno is a quality tackle if he can limit the stupid penalties. They can add depth late.
    Last edited by FWBrodie; 11-18-2012 at 10:57 PM.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fife, WA
    Posts
    23,191
    vCash
    1500
    I think they are in position now to let the draft come to them. No burning holes on the roster. They could go DT, OLB, TE, WR, or CB in round one and it would make sense.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fife, WA
    Posts
    23,191
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by shen View Post
    No one has completely shut down the elite pass rushers in league like Okung has. Mathews, Cole, Ware, the list goes on. He makes them look like amateurs. Hasn't given up a sack. Going back to last year no lineman has been as good in pass protection as Okung.
    Yup. He's becoming an all pro. What a draft. Two elite players in the first round.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    34
    vCash
    1500
    I think Pete wants to make the defense even better and have a feeling he will go for a defensive player. I could see a linebacker or DT in the first round, which i am fine with, but second round has to go with a WR

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Edwards AFB, CA
    Posts
    6,515
    vCash
    1500
    I still cannot pin-point our BIGGEST need. The "SEXY" pick would be WR, but is it our BIGGEST need? Thoughts on needs (no specific order):

    DT: The 2 Free Agents that will more than likely dictate our draft are Jason Jones and Alan Branch. If Both/or either one of them go, we have a BIG need for a DT. They are SO different and bring such different dynamics...

    WR: Obvious need for a #1. Rice and Tate are looking much better, but a TRUE #1 WR is something SEA has missed for a long time. Perhaps a great Receiving TE diminishes the need a bit...

    TE: Zach Miller is starting to come on strong, but outside of him, there is little production. Moore has done nothing and while McCoy has shown progression, but still isn't much of a threat. Getting Wilson another option is VITAL to his growth.

    OLB: Hill is set to become a FA again... While serviceable and productive this year, he's not getting any younger. Drafting a young gun to go along with Wright and Wagner could solidify the position for quite sometime.

    RT: When Healthy, Okung has shown great growth @ LT. Unger has locked down C. Carpenter looks like he could be our LGoTF. Giacomini has played admirably, but the STUPID penalties have got to stop. Looking to upgrade the OL is never a bad idea.
    I GOT THIS!!!
    "THE SEPARATION IS IN THE PREPARATION"

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Auburn/B'ham, WA
    Posts
    14,469
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    I think they are in position now to let the draft come to them. No burning holes on the roster. They could go DT, OLB, TE, WR, or CB in round one and it would make sense.
    That's the best part about this team.

    We've found our QB (in my opinion), and there's no position really where we're even bad. It's just below average or average at this point.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs



  13. #103
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Auburn/B'ham, WA
    Posts
    14,469
    vCash
    1500
    The problem with our TEs and WRs isn't a problem with the players, it's a scheming problem. That's why we don't see them getting big numbers. Our offense isn't built for that in the first place. We aren't going to get huge results from them like NE or other teams. At least not yet.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs



  14. #104
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Farmington Arkansas
    Posts
    12,152
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle4Ever View Post
    The problem with our TEs and WRs isn't a problem with the players, it's a scheming problem. That's why we don't see them getting big numbers. Our offense isn't built for that in the first place. We aren't going to get huge results from them like NE or other teams. At least not yet.

    Honestly I am cool with that. I don't care if we win games 13-10 and 24-17, because those are still W's and a 13-10 Super Bowl is still a VICTORY. I admit I got irked a few times when in fantasy football the offense might have cost me a victory but I would rather Seahawks win a super bowl then I win my FF championship.

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Seatown
    Posts
    8,574
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    I still cannot pin-point our BIGGEST need. The "SEXY" pick would be WR, but is it our BIGGEST need? Thoughts on needs (no specific order):

    DT: The 2 Free Agents that will more than likely dictate our draft are Jason Jones and Alan Branch. If Both/or either one of them go, we have a BIG need for a DT. They are SO different and bring such different dynamics...

    WR: Obvious need for a #1. Rice and Tate are looking much better, but a TRUE #1 WR is something SEA has missed for a long time. Perhaps a great Receiving TE diminishes the need a bit...

    TE: Zach Miller is starting to come on strong, but outside of him, there is little production. Moore has done nothing and while McCoy has shown progression, but still isn't much of a threat. Getting Wilson another option is VITAL to his growth.

    OLB: Hill is set to become a FA again... While serviceable and productive this year, he's not getting any younger. Drafting a young gun to go along with Wright and Wagner could solidify the position for quite sometime.

    RT: When Healthy, Okung has shown great growth @ LT. Unger has locked down C. Carpenter looks like he could be our LGoTF. Giacomini has played admirably, but the STUPID penalties have got to stop. Looking to upgrade the OL is never a bad idea.
    This is a great assessment of the current situation. I'm not a real fan of Leroy Hill and (I might get blasted here) IMO he hurts the team more so than helps us in the long run. You said we should go after a true #1 receiver but can we really pull that off in the draft or should we try and trade maybe (*cough* Flynn) for a good wide-out? Seahawks have one of the lower salary caps so we don't have too much to work with.
    He felt that one



    Bye Bye Haters



    KNICKS SEAHAWKS RANGERS MARINERS

Page 7 of 73 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •