Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Probably not

It's not about just picking someone. It's about picking the right person that will handle things correctly and in an unbiased manner. It's not always that easy to find the right person. And while I can tell you that the discussion has picked up momentum more recently and you should have someone at some point relatively soon, it isn't a matter of urgency until Spring Training begins (when the forum is a lot more active). But if we see someone as the right fit above all others, then we will make that move at that moment.

Jeffy, I don't want to sound like I am attacking you but this is ridiculous and completely wrong. Unless you or another Mod can commit to being in here for a great deal of time it is urgent. The majority of us are tired of the trolls, and hypocrisy. A simple example is a user name of "Dodgersuck" posting in here. If I created a "Giantssuck" account and posted in their forum I would get booted...by there MOD. Why do we have to be subject to their crap?

Picking a MOD is not that difficult, at all. There are plenty of good candidates, pick one already. The simple fact is that if you don't like the job they do you can select someone else.

I started this thread for a purpose, to get a MOD. LASPORTSFAN1996 was nominated in part because he lives on this website (19000+ posts) and will likely be readily available if needed. At this point, I will step up and volunteer myself as well. Lets just get someone going.

A Real American HERO !!!

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Dodgers rule.

vCash
    I think most of us can agree that i'll be a good mod, but no thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^ESPN and PSD Agrees

vCash
    this place is turning into a joke
    Last edited by blue bleeder09; 11-05-2012 at 12:21 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scully in 2012 View Post

Jeffy, I don't want to sound like I am attacking you but this is ridiculous and completely wrong. Unless you or another Mod can commit to being in here for a great deal of time it is urgent. The majority of us are tired of the trolls, and hypocrisy. A simple example is a user name of "Dodgersuck" posting in here. If I created a "Giantssuck" account and posted in their forum I would get booted...by there MOD. Why do we have to be subject to their crap?

Picking a MOD is not that difficult, at all. There are plenty of good candidates, pick one already. The simple fact is that if you don't like the job they do you can select someone else.

I started this thread for a purpose, to get a MOD. LASPORTSFAN1996 was nominated in part because he lives on this website (19000+ posts) and will likely be readily available if needed. At this point, I will step up and volunteer myself as well. Lets just get someone going.
    Sorry if my support brings you more hate than reward. (Even in a Dodgers forum, Dodgers fans solidarity does not seem to exist...yet) But there are not many 8 years active member in this site beyond myself. It means I am experienced and went trough a lot of crisis. And Scully in 2012 has all to be a great MOD : he loves Dodgers, he is wise, he respects opponents, he does not like insults. I think he choosed his avatar name reflecting his personnality. He is the best. His competitors are I am sure very valuable too, but maybe it's not only because of Scully face and the 2 Americans flags that I remember him the most.
    10-4 record at Dodger stadium !
    1-0 road record

vCash
    Let me go on record. I don't care who the mod is, or if there is a mod. If I don't like what someone says I can either choose to respond or not respond. If someone is trolling or baiting or what ever. I don't care. I just try to be the more intelligent individual. No matter if we have mods or not, we will always have dumbass people. I choose to ignore them , you just can't fix stupid

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue bleeder09 View Post
    ^
    Introducing Dodgers' Opponents' 2014 Lineups

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 -

vCash
    The only people turning it into a joke are the posters that troll/bait and complain.

This is a baseball forum, if you stick to the topic of baseball, you won't have that problem.

Most other team forums don't have these problems. And many teams don't have a dedicated team moderator, but they don't have posters doing the things you guys have been doing.

The Dodgers team forums problem isn't that you don't have a team moderator, it's that you guys had 4 threads up about how pathetic either your own fan base, or the giants fan base was, or don't congratulate them, etc. That's you guys doing that yourselves.

Nobody reports posts from your section, so how is anyone supposed to keep up with them? You want this problem fixed, it's honestly on you guys to control it.

All we need is one professional behaving poster to give the team moderator reigns to. The problem is that most of the highly active posters have not shown that behavior consistently enough. It's literally a situation where all we need is for someone to consistently demonstrate it, and they will be given that authority.

vCash

The Official we need a MOD thread.

Wow Jeffy. I'd have PM'd this to you, but feel that an explanation of my behavior to everyone is necessary with the hope of curbing such future behaviors.

Let me begin by saying I was the first to create a thread with an 'anti-Giants fan' theme and I don't believe it was 'unprofessional' in the least - it was merely an attempt at policing our forum in the absence of a mod.

While the title was indeed an attempt to 'bait' Giants fans into reading, the actual target was a very specific type of Giants fan. If you read the original post in that thread you'd have seen there was an intentional bit of reverse psychology - as juvenile as it may have been.

The purpose was to turn trolling Giants fans away from coming into our forum simply to trash us or rub it in our faces while their team was winning the WS. I didn't realize it would lead to free reign on creating other Giants themed/"anti-whining" threads.

As a Dodgers fan I was getting tired of reading threads/posts by trolling Giants fans in the Dodgers forum and felt something was necessary to prevent future issues. Most of the time I don't think the issues are even worth reporting. I don't care about the username "dodgersuck", though it does validate a number of points which - in the spirit of remaining true to this post - I'll refrain from listing. However, I cannot imagine a scenario in which a person with a username like that isn't trolling while posting in the Dodger's forum.

Additionally, while you seemingly see our recent trend of trolling ourselves as singular and isolated incidents, I see it as a string of incidents perpetuated over a few months of not having a mod. I feel these recent issues started with my thread which never would've been created if we had a mod in the first place.

Lastly, I understand that some forums don't have mods and continue without incident, but this is the Dodger's forum and is therefore subject to more trolling/baiting activity than the likes of the Charlotte Bobcats, Nashville Predators and the like. To ask posters to remain completely professional and unbiased while their forum is being overrun by opposing fans is a bit unfair, especially considering that in the absence of a mod a lot of our prominent posters have vanished. There's only a few of us posting now and in all honesty, I'm not interested in coming in here to read about Giants fans or their trash about the Dodgers, their celebrations in our forum, or the dissent amongst Dodger fans.

That said, I'll be signing off for a while, maybe even for good. I hope you guys get this cleaned up for the sake of PSD, but I have to agree with bluebleeder, its becoming a joke.
    Last edited by GibbyIsMyHero; 11-06-2012 at 12:45 PM.
    Introducing Dodgers' Opponents' 2014 Lineups

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 -

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    Wow Jeffy. I'd have PM'd this to you, but feel that an explanation of my behavior to everyone is necessary with the hope of curbing such future behaviors.

Let me begin by saying I was the first to create a thread with an 'anti-Giants fan' theme and I don't believe it was 'unprofessional' in the least - it was merely an attempt at policing our forum in the absence of a mod.

While the title was indeed an attempt to 'bait' Giants fans into reading, the actual target was a very specific type of Giants fan. If you read the original post in that thread you'd have seen there was an intentional bit of reverse psychology - as juvenile as it may have been.

The purpose was to turn trolling Giants fans away from coming into our forum simply to trash us or rub it in our faces while their team was winning the WS. I didn't realize it would lead to free reign on creating other Giants themed/"anti-whining" threads.

As a Dodgers fan I was getting tired of reading threads/posts by trolling Giants fans in the Dodgers forum and felt something was necessary to prevent future issues. Most of the time I don't think the issues are even worth reporting. I don't care about the username "dodgersuck", though it does validate a number of points which - in the spirit of remaining true to this post - I'll refrain from listing. However, I cannot imagine a scenario in which a person with a username like that isn't trolling while posting in the Dodger's forum.

Additionally, while you seemingly see our recent trend of trolling ourselves as singular and isolated incidents, I see it as a string of incidents perpetuated over a few months of not having a mod. I feel these recent issues started with my thread which never would've been created if we had a mod in the first place.

Lastly, I understand that some forums don't have mods and continue without incident, but this is the Dodger's forum and is therefore subject to more trolling/baiting activity than the likes of the Charlotte Bobcats, Nashville Predators and the like. To ask posters to remain completely professional and unbiased while their forum is being overrun by opposing fans is a bit unfair, especially considering that in the absence of a mod a lot of our prominent posters have vanished. There's only a few of us posting now and in all honesty, I'm not interested in coming in here to read about Giants fans or their trash about the Dodgers, their celebrations in our forum, or the dissent amongst Dodger fans.

That said, I'll be signing off for a while, maybe even for good. I hope you guys get this cleaned up for the sake of PSD, but I have to agree with bluebleeder, its becoming a joke.
    Hopefully my consistent presence from this point forward will help alleviate those issues for you, and will do so until we have found an appropriate moderator for this section. The Dodgers are one of baseballs most storied franchises, and likewise, this section should be reflective of that.

I'm sorry if you feel that there was too much baiting going on, and that you guys fell victim to that. No posts were reported in here, so nothing was brought to the attention of the moderators to help, which we certainly would have.

I understand your proactive response to the baiting and can sympathize. Hopefully you don't have to deal with that again. If you see those kinds of things happening again, please report it and I also invite you to PM me directly, at any time, no matter is too small to help.

You didn't do anything wrong, and I appreciate your honesty and approach here.

Also, Gibby, you will notice that your thread wasn't closed, I wasn't referencing it.
    Last edited by Jeffy25; 11-06-2012 at 12:52 PM.

vCash
    I don't want a moderater in this forum. I can handle all the trolls myself.
    5>2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LAFord View Post
    I don't want a moderater in this forum. I can handle all the trolls myself.
    amen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero:24218148

clap clap clap well said gibby well said

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25:24218275
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post

Hopefully my consistent presence from this point forward will help alleviate those issues for you, and will do so until we have found an appropriate moderator for this section. The Dodgers are one of baseballs most storied franchises, and likewise, this section should be reflective of that.

I'm sorry if you feel that there was too much baiting going on, and that you guys fell victim to that. No posts were reported in here, so nothing was brought to the attention of the moderators to help, which we certainly would have.

I understand your proactive response to the baiting and can sympathize. Hopefully you don't have to deal with that again. If you see those kinds of things happening again, please report it and I also invite you to PM me directly, at any time, no matter is too small to help.

You didn't do anything wrong, and I appreciate your honesty and approach here.

Also, Gibby, you will notice that your thread wasn't closed, I wasn't referencing it.
    jeff come on now no one reported anything ? I beg to differ

vCash
    Not that I ever saw.

You guys really do need to report problem posts when you see them. Now I'm not the only forum moderator, so it's possible they were reported and handled by another mod, but I never saw any.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Not that I ever saw.

You guys really do need to report problem posts when you see them. Now I'm not the only forum moderator, so it's possible they were reported and handled by another mod, but I never saw any.

A Real American HERO !!!

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Dodgers rule.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast